Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Life's little pleasures

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
One, at least for me, is filling up the Expedition ELs and seeing the "distance to empty" indicator click to 603 miles.

As I described before, when heading out of my place in the Sacramento Mountains towards the Pecos valley, the whole thing is downhill over 90 miles (but of course lots of ups and downs in that 90 miles). Over this section of the trip the "trip MPG" gets pretty high. Here's a photo partway through.

20221009_131742.jpg

35 MPG lol

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I had a trip back from the North Hills Sand Dunes where I could get 80-100mpg in my truck towing a trailer full of ATVs, about 40miles of pretty steep down hill.

Still only averaged 10mpg by the time I got home

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yep, I can get the distance to empty to show ridiculously high numbers, in anything.

All it takes is having a full (or nearly full) tank, then reset the Lie-O-Meter at the beginning a of a reasonably long descent.
Heck, I think I've seen over 500 miles to empty after filling the TRX in town, then heading home.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #4
On the Ford the range never is based off of reset MPG counters (which can be frustrating at times). So when I tank up I have to have averaged over the life of the car about 18.2 mpg for it to hit 600. And thar is hard to do wo lots of highway driving.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Hey, I have no idea how the Furds work...if they even do.

On our Audis the Lie-O-Meter seems to reset itself every night, or whatever the cause for it is. But, by pushing enough buttons they'll tell you what the overall average is.

What I'm most used to is the Ram setup, which doesn't record a lifetime average and instead shows the past 200 miles or so. Yeah, there's a reason I keep logs and therefore able to tell what the vehicles' mileage actually is.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I didn't buy my Ram, Hellcat and Jeep for the mileage! I don't think about it because they each serve their purpose!!

That said, it is cool to see the higher numbers

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country