Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Large Corp Group takes over Local Dealer - Insane Stickers !!!

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Just checked the market out on Cargurus, Autotrader, Ebay etc.

There seems to be a LOT of price drops this past month. (-$5000 average) Looks like the bubble is starting to pop sooner than I thought. Good news for the market honestly, these inflated car prices were never going to last. The chip shortage excuse is just more Dealer b.s in my opinion. I work on utility poles for a living and go through the dealer lots pretty often, none of which have been empty since Covid started. Packed to the brim with brand new models that have inflated mark ups. Glad some didn't buy into it and saved their wallets from getting pillaged. Supply and demand will win this one.

I haven't seen empty lots here either.
The Japanese brands were the lowest on inventory from what i saw, and they still had at least 80 vehicles minimum.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Can't argue with that but tbh it's a brand new car.

I would take the 6 or 7k and just have the car shipped but I guess that's just me. I just had to get a kia shipped in from Colorado for a family member because of the ridiculous markups.

Got msrp + 1k to ship instead of a 5-7k adm locally.

On a Kia?!?!?!

Wow, thought they were an easy 4k off msrp.
An employee recently bought a kia seltos for 4k off msrp, and had the office fees cut in half to.
Its not a Lamborghini or Porsche.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
On a Kia?!?!?!

Wow, thought they were an easy 4k off msrp.
An employee recently bought a kia seltos for 4k off msrp, and had the office fees cut in half to.
Its not a Lamborghini or Porsche.
Well to be fair it's a brand new model kia, kia carnival sx prestige. Never was a fan of kia but this van blows everything else out of the water. I'm not ashamed to admit it's very nice looking, but even for a lamborghini I'm not paying over sticker unless it's limited edition run that will only go up in value.

Yeah they just don't have inventory of these cars, so shortage + highly anticipated model = open season for dealers.

I got a bit lucky, the one I had secured for my grandfather was due to arrive November 27th, but somebody backed out so I told the sales guy he would take it.(he needs a kid hauler and refuses to put kids in his bmw 540... something about they make the car dirty)

I'll attach photos, definitely surprised the heck out of me, if I'm being honest their interior is mercedes benz esque, not something you would expect out of a kia lol. 2022-kia-carnival-interior.jpg download (25).jpeg images (21).jpeg

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Damn that is a nice van.
I like the recliner seats, but make mine gray not orange.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I haven't seen empty lots here either.
The Japanese brands were the lowest on inventory from what i saw, and they still had at least 80 vehicles minimum.
So there is a trick to this, one they are playing visual tricks where they are lining up cars at a certain angle to appear more full, another thing they are doing is buying more used cars. So Yes the lot seems like it's full but if you compare new to used inventory there's a significant ratio imbalance.

Obviously they are milking the whole shortage thing to their advantage, however there is some truth to it.

Manufacturers are now dropping certain chip required options and packages on certain models, increasing prices, etc etc

It's very real but don't let a dealer use that to sucker you lol.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Damn that is a nice van.
I like the recliner seats, but make mine gray not orange.
Pictures always suck, I like the pop in these colors, but yes black and silver are also colors that they offer. He got white w/ the "orange" interior 🤣🤣🤣

Gonna be interesting to see how dirty it's gonna get. Cause my dad never allowed us to eat in any of his new cars.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
So there is a trick to this, one they are playing visual tricks where they are lining up cars at a certain angle to appear more full, another thing they are doing is buying more used cars. So Yes the lot seems like it's full but if you compare new to used inventory there's a significant ratio imbalance.

Obviously they are milking the whole shortage thing to their advantage, however there is some truth to it.

Manufacturers are now dropping certain chip required options and packages on certain models, increasing prices, etc etc

It's very real but don't let a dealer use that to sucker you lol.

Emptiest dealer I've been to this year was a Honda dealer, they had about 80 new, and 30 used vehicles on the lot.
But they had nothing of interest to me, so I left.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Emptiest dealer I've been to this year was a Honda dealer, they had about 80 new, and 30 used vehicles on the lot.
But they had nothing of interest to me, so I left.
I think the domestics are hit harder personally, rumor has it that toyota and honda saw this coming.

I got a pilot for my mom last November and they had about 750 new cars on their lot (honda parkville md) today they have 299 new cars. Pilots in November they had 81, now they have 33. But ford got absolutely crushed, gm and fca too.

Spring 2020 they had over 300 charger wb hc's on lot, today? The count for chargers on lot today might be 15-30 and many at adm.

It's not like they ran out of cars like they claim, but definitely has had an impact on the market.

OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #29
Domestics seem hardest hit here, many lots (especially the Fords) are damn near void of new cars. They seem to have quite a few used tho.
Used to be their lots were full + they had vehicles parked in back in the dirt. Now there is nothing out back & they are parking cars sideways with a car length or more between them along the frontage parameter so it looks like they at least have something !

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Domestics seem hardest hit here, many lots (especially the Fords) are damn near void of new cars. They seem to have quite a few used tho.
Used to be their lots were full + they had vehicles parked in back in the dirt. Now there is nothing out back & they are parking cars sideways with a car length or more between them along the frontage parameter so it looks like they at least have something !
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/a-sea-of-incomplete-ford-f-150-pickups-over-60000-and-counting/

Unfinished trucks needing chips

Sea-of-Ford-F-150-pickups-Getty-3.jpeg

OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #31
Saw that a while back, ya gotta wonder how many other lots like it are around ??

Also, when they do get the chips all those vehicles will already be 'last years' model unless they are just going to label them as 2022's ?

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
And when they are ready to go, transport trucks will be hard as hell to get, so slowwww to go anyway.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Saw that a while back, ya gotta wonder how many other lots like it are around ??

Also, when they do get the chips all those vehicles will already be 'last years' model unless they are just going to label them as 2022's ?
Apparently there's dozens of lots being used in Michigan already as well lol. I heard rumblings of ford converting orders to 2022s and giving 3500 credit for the delay, not sure how you can convert trucks with vins already assigned though.

But like @Whatknot said, the next problem in the supply chain is transport.

Problems with packages, options, building vehicles then problems with upfitters and on the shipping side due to driver shortages after that. Definitely unprecedented times with issues all along the supply chain. I can't think of any single industry not affected at some point.

OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #34
Gotta wonder what the paint finish will be like with them sitting out exposed like that all summer - massive water spotting & glass etching at the least cause you know they are not cleaning them !

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Gotta wonder what the paint finish will be like with them sitting out exposed like that all summer - massive water spotting & glass etching at the least cause you know they are not cleaning them !
Fair point, even the air in the tires would be interesting to me as some of those trucks might be sitting for months with no movement as the trucks are having their chips pulled out in order to get new trucks down the assembly line.

Wonder about those plastic pieces around the doors, bumper, etc etc as well.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
MD/PA dealer lots local to me around NE Md and the south central PA are practically empty of new cars. Far worse than during Covid. About as empty as Ive ever seen them. If it werent for used cars there would be practically nothing to look at. Im sure its different in other parts of the country