Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Large Corp Group takes over Local Dealer - Insane Stickers !!!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
So my local go-to dealer that was a family owned business (Crystal CDJR) sold out last month to one of these giant holding companies (Jenkins). They sold the Dodge, Chevy & Ford stores but kept the Harley, their CDJR store in the next county & their tractor places + the 'Toy Barn (classic cars)'.

This Jenkins has been spreading like a rash you'd expect from a one nite stand with someone like our current VP & bringing their crazy dealer fees with them.
But it seems they have outdone themselves with this deal !

1st thing I noticed was the longtime service mgr was gone along with 2 of the SR's, leaving 2 of the old ones still in place (thankfully one of them being the person I have dealt with for the last 20 years). Sales staff, receptionist, Finance & GM were completely new :oops: No one had a happy face and as I wandered the floor I noticed that the sales staff were being summoned 1 by 1 into the mgrs office. Assume they were getting dressed down as they all came out pretty shaken. Service was busy but not much action in the front and few new cars on the lot except they did have a lot of the new plus size GC's.

Anyway, I spot a Charger SXT in Hellrasin on the floor & wandered over to checkout the color (pretty cool in person tho not sure I'd want to 'own' it).
Thats when the sticker shock set in :eek: The base sticker (with $1500 for transport !!) was $33.5k then came their dealer sticker with $2600 for a 'protection pkg' ($3600 on the trucks & SUV's), $2500 for an 'apperance pkg' and $3000 ADM o_O in addition they have a $1k dealer fee + $250 tag fee - WTF !!!!
The sales staff could not even tell me what the appearance pkg consisted of & the only visible add-on's were window drip rails.

Adding in the other fees you're @ 10K over sticker for a damn SXT - WTF ???

At least I know where NOT to look when it comes time to replace my current vehicles :(

1007211116-01.jpg 1007211116-00.jpg

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Rape us till we have no moe $$$. That is pathetic.

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
The owners are gigantic slimy scumbags. Toy barn is the worst dealer in the country for exotics. Absolute shameful individuals. They take advantage of people for financial gain/marketing. Too bad they didn't close completely.

They also bought a 2008 Lamborghini Superleggera on Bringatrailer for 100k in 2019 and then turned around to list it for $150k. Car has been sitting over two years for good reason.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008-lamborghini-gallardo-13/

Asked the sales manager why that was and his reply was 'you can finance it all' LOL

Fuck em'

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
The real story is the dealers are selling half of the inventory or less than they used to. In order for them to survive they have but no choice to mark all their cars up. And its simple math if you dont like it dont buy it. But tons of people are buying cars still and with Huge ADMS. Watch my video and I explain whats going on for anyone interested😁

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The real story is the dealers are selling half of the inventory or less than they used to. In order for them to survive they have but no choice to mark all their cars up. And its simple math if you dont like it dont buy it. But tons of people are buying cars still and with Huge ADMS. Watch my video and I explain whats going on for anyone interested😁

Straight from the dealers mouth himself 🤣🤣

OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #6
These guys were doing this crap long before the plandemic & the chip shortage, so I'm not buying into that sob story.
If they were bulging at the seams with inventory at this very moment, they'd likely drop the ADM component of that bump sticker, but none of the other bloat crap.

Net - I'd ride a bike before I'd pay these thieves a 25% mark-up on a mass produced vehicle !

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
These guys were doing this crap long before the plandemic & the chip shortage, so I'm not buying into that sob story.
If they were bulging at the seams with inventory at this very moment, they'd likely drop the ADM component of that bump sticker, but none of the other bloat crap.

Net - I'd ride a bike before I'd pay these thieves a 25% mark-up on a mass produced vehicle !
Oh yeah, most of that f&i stuff is garbage, outside of an official extended warranty, wheel n tire warranty for cars with low profile tires/rough roads, and extra lease protection (if ur known to be rough) most of the stuff is garbage.

Nitro fill, etch guard, theft protection, paint protection from dealer, interior protection, rust protection, etc etc is just free money for dealers.

Most every dealer with a large group does that but it can all be declined just gotta push the finance office.

Yeah dealers are getting away with more because of the shortage, now they can force you to buy certain stuff because if you walk on the car somebody else will pop right up. Unfortunate times for car shoppers atm. Ask me how I know.

Catless

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger
ADM on a SXT. :ROFLMAO:

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
We’re in control of our wallets. Just need to wait a while folks.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
We’re in control of our wallets. Just need to wait a while folks.
We are in control but how about the rest of the country? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The chip shortage won't get back to normal until 2023.... let that sink in.

With the way dealers are making money now, some manufacturers may never go back to pre-covid levels of production with large rebates, incentives and incentivized leasing/financing rates.

OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #11
What's odd is that I still see some incentives floating around and being advertised, but the dealers are jacking ppl.
Before this set of stores changed hands they did not have these insane bump stickers !

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
What's odd is that I still see some incentives floating around and being advertised, but the dealers are jacking ppl.
Before this set of stores changed hands they did not have these insane bump stickers !
Bleak future, good dealers are disappearing slowly but surely.

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
0% for 72 months on my soon to arrive Super Stock.
$1K under MSRP.
Just gotta shop around.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
0% for 72 months on my soon to arrive Super Stock.
$1K under MSRP.
Just gotta shop around.
Aren't dan cummins and koons doing 4 Below invoice on orders for super stock too?

1k under msrp on lot is a nice find, on an order I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if koons/dan cummins are doing 4 under then you left a significant chunk of change on the table. Again not sure if they are doing that for SS.

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Aren't dan cummins and koons doing 4 Below invoice on orders for super stock too?

1k under msrp on lot is a nice find, on an order I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if koons/dan cummins are doing 4 under then you left a significant chunk of change on the table. Again not sure if they are doing that for SS.
This dealer is local to me, I'd rather stay with someone closer to home.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Bleak future, good dealers are disappearing slowly but surely.
I think I'm done with franchise dealers. Any future car purchases will likely come from private parties or decent independent dealers. I just have no patience for all the shady upsale pitches, dumb salespeople, and crappy customer service.

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Just checked the market out on Cargurus, Autotrader, Ebay etc.

There seems to be a LOT of price drops this past month. (-$5000 average) Looks like the bubble is starting to pop sooner than I thought. Good news for the market honestly, these inflated car prices were never going to last. The chip shortage excuse is just more Dealer b.s in my opinion. I work on utility poles for a living and go through the dealer lots pretty often, none of which have been empty since Covid started. Packed to the brim with brand new models that have inflated mark ups. Glad some didn't buy into it and saved their wallets from getting pillaged. Supply and demand will win this one.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
This dealer is local to me, I'd rather stay with someone closer to home.
Can't argue with that but tbh it's a brand new car.

I would take the 6 or 7k and just have the car shipped but I guess that's just me. I just had to get a kia shipped in from Colorado for a family member because of the ridiculous markups.

Got msrp + 1k to ship instead of a 5-7k adm locally.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Just checked the market out on Cargurus, Autotrader, Ebay etc.

There seems to be a LOT of price drops this past month. (-$5000 average) Looks like the bubble is starting to pop sooner than I thought. Good news for the market honestly, these inflated car prices were never going to last. The chip shortage excuse is just more Dealer b.s in my opinion. I work on utility poles for a living and go through the dealer lots pretty often, none of which have been empty since Covid started. Packed to the brim with brand new models that have inflated mark ups. Glad some didn't buy into it and saved their wallets from getting pillaged. Supply and demand will win this one.
Used cars are starting to get back to earth but new cars they still can't produce enough to keep up with demand.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States