Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just a thought as a new guy,

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Or.....you could save even more and get one of these.
Okay, I'm easily confused. Is that supposed to be a Challenger, or just challenged? Better or worse than a Scatpack?

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Banged my 2nd cousin's sister in one of these in high school.
Good Lord......

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Okay, I'm easily confused. Is that supposed to be a Challenger, or just challenged? Better or worse than a Scatpack?
This will probably sanction another "barf" from Hunter.....but I think that was supposed to be THE Scat Pack of it's day :)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Slight exaggeration, but the Super Charger wine alone is worth the extra $20k. Never expected that feature to grow on me as it has. I am at a point in my life where I am going all in or nothing when It came to my reentrace into muscle car ownership. Blessed to be in the position to do so and to be here with you all irrespective of what MOPAR you drive. Merry Christmas.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
A smell pack with 2 barth bags and those go on the girls.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
In 1986, I was looking for a new Dodge pickup to buy. My wife at the time had a 5.0 Mustang 5 spd., and I still had my big block Cuda. While we were at the dealership, I noticed a car there that caught my eye, so I started to look at it to see what it was all about. When my wife saw it, she started laughing, and told me that if I bought that 'POS" that I'd have to park it down around the corner and not in front of the house.
This is what she was talking about:

87 dtna.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
They used 0-50, huh? And it still took embarrassingly long.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Or 50- 0??

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Banged my 2nd cousin's sister in one of these in high school.
So you banged your other 2nd cousin...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Or.....you could save even more and get one of these. Truly the high water mark of Dodge performance :)

View attachment 9295
Dark days indeed...the Black plague...Spanish inquisition..the great Depression...aint got nothin on that add

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So you banged your other 2nd cousin...
just what he needs...more charges pending...lol

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Just more cousins.. Hey a couple of your sisters wouod be good. I am not telling a story or nuttin, but. Back in Chattanooga, away from high school. Take a mi nu min u et tw0 figure this out. Butt, I was dating this gal name Fay, how the name??, She had 3 cousins all lived together with mom and dad whom were divorced, Tennessee, very nice 3 story house. Faye cousins name was Gay, Tenn thang, then the other 2 sisters women were Faye and Gays cousins. Well then there was mom that looked 32 at the age of 45. She looked better than the daughters and let me tell ya they all looked great. Cheerleaders and the majorettes. I don't know how this turned into a 3 day monkey fest, but you figure it out. A bit of pot, caine, alcohol, MDA, and whom knows whatother back in the 70's, Can't tell rest, but I go my $260 1979 Harley jacket back by doing another favor from mom to receive it the day before I left for Fla to get it from 1 of her daughters.
It is in the book. 1 whole chapter devised to this 3 day fore zay. Never fer get it, but I got the jacket the wife bought me. Enough said. I can't even proof read this.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
In 1986, I was looking for a new Dodge pickup to buy. My wife at the time had a 5.0 Mustang 5 spd., and I still had my big block Cuda. While we were at the dealership, I noticed a car there that caught my eye, so I started to look at it to see what it was all about. When my wife saw it, she started laughing, and told me that if I bought that 'POS" that I'd have to park it down around the corner and not in front of the house.

View attachment 9296
0 - 50 in 5.75 seconds.
WOW!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

View attachment 9296
I ordered/owned one of these in Gunmetal Blue ! There were 2 different wheels they came with, the 'pizza pan' wheels pictured here & some that just had larger holes around the rim.
Mine arrived with the crappy looking pizza wheels, but I convinced the dealer to switch them out with one he had on the lot.

Given the B-O-R-I-N-G offerings from most other co's in the mid 80's, these were pretty cool, relatively quick and fun to drive.
I still regret having to sell it off when I moved from MI to FL :(

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I ordered/owned one of these in Gunmetal Blue !
You deserve some sort of bonus points for admitting that.
Kinda makes Hickster look sane in comparison.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
I too daily drive mine, and will likely never race it except red light to red light occasionally. I put out the extra for the HC not because I "needed" the extra HP, but rather because I WANTED it. Not sorry.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
No regerts here either. This car is too much fun and that supercharger wine is intoxicating. I love taking out my friends who drive old Civics, Acuras, and minivans in this thing. They always think the engine is making some "weird" pitch noise and if it's normal. I just say, "that's the supercharger, it makes that noise when I do this..."

*proceeds to punch it and watch them hold on for dear life*

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
[QUOTE="Phizzle, post: 43237, member: 1054"... wine is intoxicating.[/QUOTE]

Intoxicating wine? Whoda thunk?

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
[QUOTE="Phizzle, post: 43237, member: 1054"... wine is intoxicating.
Intoxicating wine? Whoda thunk?[/QUOTE]

I'm still hungover, damn autocorrect :ROFLMAO:

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Everything feels fast at first. After awhile with the 392 you wonder what your missing out on. And what you are missing out on is Supercharger Whine! Which to me is like the cherry on top with these cars. That extra 220 hp makes a huge difference from 50-150 especially. But right off the back I’ll say this. My 392 was capable of 4.6 0-60 and 10.3 0 to 100.. with proper Michelin Ps4s tires and bigger wheels on my hellcat to compensate for those extra ponies.. I can hit 0-60 in about 3.4-3.8 seconds. I’ve done 3.1 in 17 degrees. And consistently 7.2-7.8 0-100 depending on if it’s cold or hot near me. I’m just above sea level. And let me tell you 7.2 second to 100 from 0 and struggling with traction from 0-40 is a big difference over the 392 over 10 seconds to 100 from 0 stock. It’s really night and day. The 392 feels quick and is. But once you jump in the hellcat. Dude your screwed haha! Because once you experience it for yourself. Than you know what’s up. I owned the srt 392 for 2 years and was proud. But after I made the jump.. I love the hellcat and wouldn’t trade this car for anything in this price range.