Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jailbreak Redeye's coming soon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thing is the JB is not limited. Although I guess all new Hellcats are technically limited by default due to the shortage of every product ever produced by all of mankind everywhere in the universe currently. Can’t even buy bubblegum without there being some kind of supply issue.
I swear over half of this is pure greed under the guise of shortages. Not talking auto parts but literally everything else, including American made products.
Rant over, hallalujah, happy holidays dammit 😂
It's ALLWAYS bout the Benjamins.....;)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thing is the JB is not limited. Although I guess all new Hellcats are technically limited by default due to the shortage of every product ever produced by all of mankind everywhere in the universe currently. Can’t even buy bubblegum without there being some kind of supply issue.
I swear over half of this is pure greed under the guise of shortages. Not talking auto parts but literally everything else, including American made products.
Rant over, hallalujah, happy holidays dammit 😂
Well on the consumer side we only see half of what goes on. If Stellantis is truly handicapping the ability to order then koons is just capitalizing. Like I said I think it's as indicative of the dealer as well as the manufacturer.

Either way it's greedy.

Last edited:

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Well on the consumer side we only see half of what goes on. If Stellantis is truly handicapping the ability to order then koons is just capitalizing. Like I said I think it's as indicative of the dealer as well as the manufacturer.

Either way it's greedy.
Absolutely the dealer is wrong. Putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy something at the price they dictate is just wrong. But I'm sure if you were selling your car and someone came in with cash in hand and offered you $30,000 more than your car you'd turn them away, wouldn't you?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Absolutely the dealer is wrong. Putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy something at the price they dictate is just wrong. But I'm sure if you were selling your car and someone came in with cash in hand and offered you $30,000 more than your car you'd turn them away, wouldn't you?
@ 30 over...they wont sell the 3000 produced..who in their right mind is gonna throw that kinda money @ one of them...the 30 over..wont last long....my .02

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Well if you read the rest of the thread you would see that stellantis is limiting options and colors on the redeye but not on the jailbreak. I actually haven't even ordered my charger redeye yet because the bank is saying sunroof isn't even available on the order bank options.

If you read what I said I'm just saying the dealer is capitalizing, this isn't a porsche gt3 or even a demon, it's a mass produced redeye with more flexibility in options, it's ridiculous to ask for a 30k markup in my opinion but hey if they want to ask it nobody's stopping them.

I think more people are angry because they are finding dealers who will do msrp and koons who basically started this below invoice forum pricing is now going against that in a way.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
@ 30 over...they wont sell the 3000 produced..who in their right mind is gonna throw that kinda money @ one of them...the 30 over..wont last long....my .02
Maybe, maybe not...only time will tell. But if nobody paid ADM it wouldn't exist. My money is on someone will pay it. It doesn't make them stupid or the dealer greedy, it just means they chose to spend their money differently than you. I wouldn't do it but more power to you if you would and more power to the dealer that gets it.

If you read what I said I'm just saying the dealer is capitalizing, this isn't a porsche gt3 or even a demon, it's a mass produced redeye with more flexibility in options, it's ridiculous to ask for a 30k markup in my opinion but hey if they want to ask it nobody's stopping them.

I think more people are angry because they are finding dealers who will do msrp and koons who basically started this below invoice forum pricing is now going against that in a way.
I actually completely understood what you were saying. What you didn't understand is why you begrudge someone making as much money as they can. Everyone should. No one is forcing you to pay their asking price. You also don't seem to understand that it's Koon's (one of the dealers you compliment for selling at a discount) that's asking $30K over for the Jailbreak.

Take the flipside. For grins I solicited prices for my 2020 from Carvana and Vroom and one other one. For the right price I would have sold it and ordered a new Redeye. I didn't get the price I wanted so I stood pat. That didn't make Carvana and Vroom cheapskates and it didn't make me greedy, it just meant we couldn't make a deal.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Maybe, maybe not...only time will tell. But if nobody paid ADM it wouldn't exist. My money is on someone will pay it. It doesn't make them stupid or the dealer greedy, it just means they chose to spend their money differently than you. I wouldn't do it but more power to you if you would and more power to the dealer that gets it.

I actually completely understood what you were saying. What you didn't understand is why you begrudge someone making as much money as they can. Everyone should. No one is forcing you to pay their asking price. You also don't seem to understand that it's Koon's (one of the dealers you compliment for selling at a discount) that's asking $30K over for the Jailbreak.

Take the flipside. For grins I solicited prices for my 2020 from Carvana and Vroom and one other one. For the right price I would have sold it and ordered a new Redeye. I didn't get the price I wanted so I stood pat. That didn't make Carvana and Vroom cheapskates and it didn't make me greedy, it just meant we couldn't make a deal.
I'm not begruding them for trying to make more money, like I said they are opportunistic, what I'm saying is in this case it really doesn't make sense to limit production (if that's what stellantis is doing) and then B charging markup for a car that's no different than any other redeye except its trim name.

I'm pointing out that it's not just a dealer issue, the fault lies on the manufacturer just as much as the dealer.

If the Jailbreak was a special edition with 850 hp or 900 hp, or whatever else to make it special then by all means ask for adm, but it's no different than last years Redeye 🤣.

Almost Every dealer in this market is greedy, they all refuse manufacturer set plans like employee pricing, a/x/z plan, they are all bumping the mf/apr wherever they can, charging adm's on mass produced vehicles, unwanted packages are being forced to be bought or you don't buy the car, etc etc.

Whatever you thought dealers were in the past is 100x worse today because there is a shortage of supply and a skyrocket in demand. I have no problems with dealers offering no discounts, but to then turn around and bonk as many customers on the head as possible is a completely different thing.

Like I said any shenanigans that are/were done in the past are being compounded today, I'm seeing dealers force "prep" packages with bs like nitro fill,rust protection etc etc for $2500,$3500,$4500, etc etc.

I never have sympathy for dealers because it's a business, but on top of that it's a business with some of the sneakiest people you may ever meet.

When the market corrects in 12-24 months you will see how different dealers act.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm not begruding them for trying to make more money, like I said they are opportunistic, what I'm saying is in this case it really doesn't make sense to limit production (if that's what stellantis is doing) and then B charging markup for a car that's no different than any other redeye except its trim name.

I'm pointing out that it's not just a dealer issue, the fault lies on the manufacturer just as much as the dealer.

If the Jailbreak was a special edition with 850 hp or 900 hp, or whatever else to make it special then by all means ask for adm, but it's no different than last years Redeye 🤣.

Almost Every dealer in this market is greedy, they all refuse manufacturer set plans like employee pricing, a/x/z plan, they are all bumping the mf/apr wherever they can, charging adm's on mass produced vehicles, unwanted packages are being forced to be bought or you don't buy the car, etc etc.

Whatever you thought dealers were in the past is 100x worse today because there is a shortage of supply and a skyrocket in demand. I have no problems with dealers offering no discounts, but to then turn around and bonk as many customers on the head as possible is a completely different thing.

Like I said any shenanigans that are/were done in the past are being compounded today, I'm seeing dealers force "prep" packages with bs like nitro fill,rust protection etc etc for $2500,$3500,$4500, etc etc.

I never have sympathy for dealers because it's a business, but on top of that it's a business with some of the sneakiest people you may ever meet.

When the market corrects in 12-24 months you will see how different dealers act.
I've always said..car salesman..is the job you get when you get out of jail

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Power dollars to power brokers.10k under MSRP to 30K over. Glad I caught the wave when I did. If one wants Bang for buck buy a slightly used cat and mod to desired level. Plenty of them out there

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Has anyone shopped for a new car lately? This isn't just a Hellcat thing.
2500 series trucks are $10-$20K over MSRP many places.
The new Range Rover, if you can get one, is $70K over MSRP to name a few.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
you do have a point right there

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I looked at the cost of used Redeye’s today. All were above the price I paid for mine, three years ago. Not much, but I have never had a car that was even close. If these upgrades go well and make them run smooth without the hiccup, they will be trick.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I looked at the cost of used Redeye’s today. All were above the price I paid for mine, three years ago. Not much, but I have never had a car that was even close. If these upgrades go well and make them run smooth without the hiccup, they will be trick.
My 18 Charger is worth more today than what I originally paid for it.
Same with your homes. How many people's home has doubled in value in the past few years?
These things aren't worth more, your money is worth less.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
True. This is getting interesting.

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Thread Starter #275
I've always said..car salesman..is the job you get when you get out of jail
😑

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #276
Ya but you couldnt pay me to drive a Land Rover. Well unless you let me charge you the $70k ADM that is.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
And I sent all my xmasc cards to the Bucks. And youz ez too. I got nothing except an electric billy. $109 not so bad, but the hookers have been in Costa Rica last 2 months. You know if you are a true blue red neck if you can eat a bag of:: Herrs Red Hot Medium chips. Aboutbto eat the fiber out of the throw rug and the screen off the TV. My god. Go fer em. When game over, time to take H/C out for a stretch. A quart of shine not to be dismisssed. Frozen drink. Pompametto.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I shop cars all year around from almost every manufacturer. You can order most of these things for under msrp, it's on lot where you pay the premium.

Here's the example

Redeye on lot -10-15k over
Redeye on order - 5% below invoice.

Now essentially if the jailbreak was on lot I would say ask whatever you want, but to order a mass produced vehicle not in the first Generation for adm to me is just plain stupid.

Ordering a 911 gt3 over msrp? Sure, even ordering a c8 z06 over msrp might not be the worst thing, but to ask 30k over on an end of the line vehicle is just troll to me. Again not necessarily all the blame lies on the dealer, as evidenced by my above post.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
True. This is getting interesting.
Interestingly bad, newtons law of physics in a nutshell what goes up must come down.

The price increases are unsustainable, what happens when the buyer of today's 500k house finds out his house is only worth 350k in 18 months? Now compound that with cars.

Lots of negative equity gonna be floating around come 2023.

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #280
Interestingly bad, newtons law of physics in a nutshell what goes up must come down.

The price increases are unsustainable, what happens when the buyer of today's 500k house finds out his house is only worth 350k in 18 months? Now compound that with cars.

Lots of negative equity gonna be floating around come 2023.
THIS. Houses are just big cars in a lot of ways, especially now. Everyone out there way overpaying will be completely upsidown soon. Foreclosures and repo‘s are going to be an issue soon after the values re-align to where they should be. And they will.