Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I think this is what we all wanted! The Hemi V8 lives on!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
What year is his? It is required now. See this article at pcmag below, among others.

EV Batteries 101: Degradation, Lifespan, Warranties, and More
www.pcmag.com
2021 and it's not fast. LOL

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
MJS73 beat me to it. It's easy to claim a certain range, but then there's real life.

In theory we could use an EV with a (claimed) range of 350 miles to make a Costco trip. In reality we'd never make it back home, partially due to speed, and also because of having to deal with altitude changes.

So plug it in at Costco then, you say? Well, they don't have any chargers. We could go to the Porsche dealer, which isn't far, plug in there, and go to Costco in a loaner. In theory.

Okay, in real life, too, but it wouldn't be fair to the dealer.
Wait, the Porsche dealer gives out loaners while you charge?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Wait, the Porsche dealer gives out loaners while you charge?
That one would, yes. She often leaves a car for service and gets a loaner to go to Costco in. And they would be nice enough to let her charge and take a loaner. It's a Mercedes/Audi/Porsche dealership, and she's bought enough Porsches and Audis to get preferential treatment. Even though most of them weren't bought there.

But that doesn't make it right. Heck, not long ago somebody was charging their Fiat 500 there. The service manager just shook his head and let the guy sit there.

And some bring their Porsches just to get them washed for free. They're too nice for their own good, I think.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That one would, yes. She often leaves a car for service and gets a loaner to go to Costco in. And they would be nice enough to let her charge and take a loaner. It's a Mercedes/Audi/Porsche dealership, and she's bought enough Porsches and Audis to get preferential treatment. Even though most of them weren't bought there.

But that doesn't make it right. Heck, not long ago somebody was charging their Fiat 500 there. The service manager just shook his head and let the guy sit there.

And some bring their Porsches just to get them washed for free. They're too nice for their own good, I think.
Automatic machine or by hand?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
As I understand it, it's a nicely done hand wash.

It'd be a bit of a drive for you, though. And they're mostly used to 2-doors, with the occasional Macan or Cayenne being let in.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I guess I'm weird but I get a serious sense of satisfaction when things are done right.

Brimstone vs ford F-150.gif

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
As I understand it, it's a nicely done hand wash.

It'd be a bit of a drive for you, though. And they're mostly used to 2-doors, with the occasional Macan or Cayenne being let in.
Cheaper to fly them in.

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
If you don't already have it, you should be actively looking for your forever hot rod right now.
I have a feeling it's going to get ugly very soon.

OP
ACMAVRO

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #89
Agreed ^^^ I was thinking they were at least going to keep making the v6's but the more I read, the more I'm doubting that. Hell, Ford even laying off 3000 folks to go ev. It's about to get bad.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It's looking like the automakers are now looking to relocate to other countries again. Result is no American jobs.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
It's looking like the automakers are now looking to relocate to other countries again. Result is no American jobs.
Did you see the new ev tax bill? They are trying to source more evs here but pushing out ice engines. Interesting to see what happens.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have not kept up with that area but makes sense. The tech and the future will rely on the EV heavily regardless of what we do. The countries the produce that tech are going to lead the world. Those that stick only to old ways will wither. Build it here. We have to make things in america; otherwise we are no more than a market / colonial economy.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
You gotta drive the charger and challenger back to back Jimmy.

The charger absolutely drives better, looks are subjective. Challenger = old school retro and charger = new school muscle car infused with some old school characteristics.

Both are great cars in their own right the challenger probably performs better at the strip whereas the charger is a more daily drivable vehicle.
Is it though?

Been a little while since I've wheeled a Charger, but IMO they ride almost exactly the same, but I thought you can definitely feel the extra length of the Charger when you are going around turns. I totally understand in theory the longer wheelbase car should ride smoother, but I also think they have the ride on the Challenger so dialed in now...that coupled with the killer coupe styling...I could only do a Charger now if I had more kids and had to switch.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

are you 2 international traders of antiquities or something? A lot of high dollar cars for living in the middle of no where or does the local Taco Bell pay well:unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Is it though?

Been a little while since I've wheeled a Charger, but IMO they ride almost exactly the same, but I thought you can definitely feel the extra length of the Charger when you are going around turns. I totally understand in theory the longer wheelbase car should ride smoother, but I also think they have the ride on the Challenger so dialed in now...that coupled with the killer coupe styling...I could only do a Charger now if I had more kids and had to switch.
The Charger is much more comfortable and has more luxury items than the Challenger. I really like the dual 8 way power seats over the Challenger 4 way and manual. Sound system is better. More places for storage.
Two completely different cars that are based on the same platform.
The Challenger turns far more heads and gets 10x more attention. The wife gets some suggestive comments from guys when she's driving her Challenger. Maybe that's why she likes it?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
are you 2 international traders of antiquities or something? A lot of high dollar cars for living in the middle of no where or does the local Taco Bell pay well:unsure:
Those rich people from California keep moving in and ruin our state ;)

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
1661350912631.png

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Is it though?

Same platform usually means they perform the same in stuff like 0-60, 1/4, etc etc

The challenger is a little lighter, with the charger being heavier it absolutely feels like it's putting the power down just a bit better on the street. Track is a different story.

Charger is more comfortable for sure.

Subjectively the charger looks better because of its modern silhouette, I understand the challenger is an ode to the 70s era muscle cars but to me the charger is the jack of all trades, monster power, functional as a normal car, and still looks very aggressive.

The charger is a car you drive everyday, and the challenger is a car you drive on the weekends. Most simple way to put it imo.

I like the challenger as well don't get me wrong but 4 doors is way more practical, it's just icing on the top that charger hellcat variants are more rare than challenger hellcat variants.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Same platform usually means they perform the same in stuff like 0-60, 1/4, etc etc

The challenger is a little lighter, with the charger being heavier it absolutely feels like it's putting the power down just a bit better on the street. Track is a different story.

Subjectively the charger looks better because of its modern silhouette, I understand the challenger is an ode to the 70s era muscle cars but to me the charger is the jack of all trades, monster power, functional as a normal car, and still looks very aggressive.

The charger is a car you drive everyday, and the challenger is a car you drive on the weekends. Most simple way to put it imo.

I like the challenger as well don't get me wrong but 4 doors is way more practical, it's just icing on the top that charger hellcat variants are more rare than challenger hellcat variants.
We will agree to disagree on most of that ;)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
We will agree to disagree on most of that ;)
I have to

Charger is a little slower than the Challenger stock in the quarter mile but the rest is true to me even though mine are exact opposites.
20220824_103835.jpg