Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hurricane Superbird and Daytona

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Driven by Extreme winds. We survived (barely) the worst urban wild fire in Colorado history 1 year ago. 1100 homes burned in a matter of hours in a 10 x 10 mi square. Maybe 5% have been built back. It Will take years before things approach semi normal again.

$500M In damage (and still growing). Extreme winds will do that. Gusts to 115mph. All u need is one dumbass throwing a cigarette onto some dry grass. Firefighters were helpless.

Here’s the link for more. Many here have ptsd when the high winds kick up. Understandable!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Fire

Update: The total damage for the Colorado Marshall Fire is now over TWO BILLION dollars. That $500M wiki page estimate is out of date. It’s also the 10th costliest 🔥 in US history.

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yes, now I remember that you were part of that mess.

Still wouldn't make me move east, though, but maybe to a less fire prone area out here in the west.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes, now I remember that you were part of that mess.

Still wouldn't make me move east, though, but maybe to a less fire prone area out here in the west.
Yeah we were displaced for 7 months as our house was remediated for smoke and other minor damage. Major pita but better than losing it like most my neighbors. They are still not close to building back.

As for staying, Not having ample water is not a good thing especially as the population out here grows year over year. It’s a big problem out west. There are other reasons we are moving east. Tons of family in NC and health mitigation issues with my wife.

Oh and I’m sick of losing 100 Hp on all my cars at elevation! 😂

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Oh and I’m sick of losing 100 Hp on all my cars at elevation! 😂
Hmm, maybe you should come over here and drive around a bit. Then when you drop back down a couple thousand feet your car will feel like a rocket. For a while anyway.

Besides, I can assure you that there's no 100 hp loss here. If it were, some of my vehicles would have negative hp numbers.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hmm, maybe you should come over here and drive around a bit. Then when you drop back down a couple thousand feet your car will feel like a rocket. For a while anyway.

Besides, I can assure you that there's no 100 hp loss here. If it were, some of my vehicles would have negative hp numbers.
Well it’s a percentage. 10-15% of 840 and 700.

So yeah your 90 Hp chevette would only lose 15hp. 😂