Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

HP Tuner Smart Access Cable Install (18+ Challenger)

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I have done the exact same procedure as @MaxCarnage . I support his post .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
You need to use a USB cable and not blue tooth is because of the amount of data being transferred and the speed of the transfer rate . Plus not all computers have blue tooth . It's done for reliability.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Member ID
Reactions
City
HIXSON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
I used this instruction to install the smart cable in my 2020 Challenger RE and it worked exactly as written. The pic of the clip locations on the back of the instrument panel bezel was particularly helpful. The plug location and color was also correct. I had a little difficulty unplugging the connector and had to remove the three screws holding the module in place but folks good w/ electrical connectors won't have a problem. The only two things that I would add is for the OCD people the factory service manual standard procedure is to disconnect the Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS) before disconnecting the negative battery cable (it's the connector a couple inches away from battery cable post). Also when I did mine and started the car I had lost all the Performance Pages and Drive Modes. Long story short, if that happens, when the Uconnect first launches hit the Drive Modes Box on the lower middle of the screen before it disappears and you won't be wearing out the plug connectors returning the cabling to normal etc. (pages still did not come back without first hitting the box).