Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How many miles did your Hellcat have when you bought it?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
As the jerks from Florida said, mine will be out of warranty before it gets out of the paint shop. Not the dealer shop, but my shop of horrors. By Friday, of what month?? Me And El Ri Co ola have said the same thang. Sorry Rico, saw it to today and not impressed with the engine. Need moe paint. Everything looks great, but not enough paint on the parts of the engine.. If were to do it over. Instead of doing it custom paint, nice, but purchase the parts pre painted. Cheaper on labor, parts and paint. I learned a $$$ lesson. Do every car.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It had 16 on it when I bought it, but 50 when I got there to pick it up.
And the rear tires showed that they were not easy, break-in friendly miles. As did the mpg average.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Uh, then why did you accept the car?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Because I'd driven 450 miles to drop off my trade-in at the selling dealer, then hauled the dealer trade vehicle to the dealer with the Challenger, another 300 miles away.

After I got the keys and found the car, very dirty, in the far back and started it, I noticed the mileage. Looked it over closer, noticed a door ding, and the rear tires.
Went back to the sales office and was basically told to go pound sand.

Called the selling dealer, who was less than pleased to hear about the car's condition and offered to reverse it all.
Instead, I tried trading it in for a used one they had, figuring I might as well pay used price if I couldn't get a truly new one, but was offered $10K less than I had paid.

At that point I really only wanted to start going back home, not mess with any more vehicle transports and paperwork, so I loaded the Challenger on the trailer and went home. Needless to say, not overly happy.
But at least I learned not to ever consider buying or getting anything from that dealer chain again.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Damn. So that was a three party deal.... sorry to hear about the bad experience. And thank you for sharing.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Answer the question at 2 am,,, thinking,,, did I say 2 am,,, I thank so. I had 6 glorious miles. At that point got gas card, and check for $200 for tinting, and headed to Atlanta for break in period.3 days later after a Braves game in their new stadium and m not a my new H/C we all were broke in. Me too. New leather seats, tranny, suspension, serious to my ass, so all was good except the Ga State troopers couldn't write me a ticket. They tried hard but not hard enough. Like I spoke a year ago, If they had run the tags it wood have shown tags belonged to a blue vette. OOOps. They wanted to race not run tag

WileECoyote

Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prattville
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Mine had 3 miles on it. I got to the dealership the day it was delivered and they hadn't moved it from the parking spot where it was dropped off.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Answer the question at 2 am,,, thinking,,, did I say 2 am,,, I thank so. I had 6 glorious miles. At that point got gas card, and check for $200 for tinting, and headed to Atlanta for break in period.3 days later after a Braves game in their new stadium and m not a my new H/C we all were broke in. Me too. New leather seats, tranny, suspension, serious to my ass, so all was good except the Ga State troopers couldn't write me a ticket. They tried hard but not hard enough. Like I spoke a year ago, If they had run the tags it wood have shown tags belonged to a blue vette. OOOps. They wanted to race not run tag
did you meet any southern belle's down there in georgia, were they trying to get a look under the hood? not the kitty's hood but yours? 🤣🤣.

Been down to Atlanta a couple of times, great party city, a little too dark at times for my taste but still some good times.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Damn. So that was a three party deal.... sorry to hear about the bad experience. And thank you for sharing.
Well, I have become very good friends with that car, against all odds.
Also, that little episode was nothing compared to the ordered '19, the one that went missing for over four months after if was built. And was damaged when it eventually resurfaced.

Bkuz

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I took delivery of my Hellcat in January 2015. I knew when the truck from Tampa was arriving at my dealer. It had 8 miles on it. I wanted to be there because the vultures were circling at the dealer. Two people offered me more money for the car. One was going to give me $5K over MSRP and the other guy wanted to give me $10K over MSRP. I said hell no! That was my dream car and no one was going to take it away. There were a few other guys that wanted to test drive it. I told them I am a veteran and armed, you better step back. My wife and I were both armed in case someone wanted to carjack us. All this shit happened when the Hellcat first came out.

Also, I took delivery right after two Hellcats were stolen from a train yard in Atlanta. So I was ready.

BKuz

Last edited:

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
8 on my 2018. Dealership didn't let customers drive them...including the one purchasing...me

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I took delivery of my Hellcat in January 2015. I knew when the truck from Tampa was arriving at my dealer. It had 8 miles on it. I wanted to be there because the vultures were circling at the dealer. Two people offered me more money for the car. One was going to give me $5K over MSRP and the other guy wanted to give me $10K over MSRP. I said hell no! That was my dream car and no one was going to take it away. There were a few other guys that wanted to test drive it. I told them I am a veteran and armed, you better step back. My wife and I were both armed in case someone wanted to carjack us. All this shit happened when the Hellcat first came out.

Also, I took delivery right after two Hellcats were stolen from a train yard in Atlanta. So I was ready.

BKuz
you need to relax 🤣🤣🤣🤣, take it easy bud. I don't blame you about the dealership part, fca dealers are grimey and would have sold it out from under you, but the whole carjack thing gave me a solid laugh lol, you ain't carrying a briefcase with a million dollars lol.

Bkuz

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Cars get carjacked in Tampa all the time! This isn’t the Town Of Brotherly Love!

BKuz

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
12 kms = 7 miles ...

DSC06472e.jpg
DSC06473e.jpg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well, I have become very good friends with that car, against all odds.
Also, that little episode was nothing compared to the ordered '19, the one that went missing for over four months after if was built. And was damaged when it eventually resurfaced.
What the hell? Point me to the thread with this story, please!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

BKuz
Long ago in Houston I found the top MB dealers were playing favorites with the AMG and S600s. This doctor who was a well known gear head, for example, when one came in the dealer called him and allowed him to buy the car despite having 6 other folks who had paid substantial deposits (one of 50% of MSRP and ADM). Told him to promise NOT (edit) to tell anyone and they hid the car in the back of the lot behind a fence until he could come get it. Homey don't play that.

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
What the hell? Point me to the thread with this story, please!
It's over at "the old place", and the thread was called "Redeye Owners..." something. I can find out if you can't find it.
I probably started piping up about a year ago on that one, using the same Jimmy N. as here.
It's a lot of reading, but mixed in with peoples horror stories is also a great deal of very laughter worthy stuff.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Cars get carjacked in Tampa all the time! This isn’t the Town Of Brotherly Love!

BKuz
lol, great story though nonetheless.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Long ago in Houston I found the top MB dealers were playing favorites with the AMG and S600s. This doctor who was a well known gear head, for example, when one came in the dealer called him and allowed him to buy the car despite having 6 other folks who had paid substantial deposits (one of 50% of MSRP and ADM). Told him to promise NOT (edit) to tell anyone and they hid the car in the back of the lot behind a fence until he could come get it. Homey don't play that.
you should see the games that ferrari Lamborghini and porsche play lol.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
you should see the games that ferrari Lamborghini and porsche play lol.
Guess we've been lucky with Porsche then. For example, ordered one, which was one of the dealer's three allotted ones (and it's a large dealership), and still got it for below MSRP.

Ironically, that car arrived quicker than the Redeye which was ordered maybe three weeks earlier.