Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hello from NY 2018 392

Member ID
Reactions
City
Marietta
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Durango SRT 392
Hello all, new to the Durango scene, but not to SRT or performance vehicles. My garage history typically includes boosted vehicles like the Dodge SRT-4 or Maserati Ghibli S Q4. The latter for that matter was just replaced with our new-to-us 392 and we couldn't be happier. The performance & power both beat the Masi and fit the whole family much nicer. (Twin 1.5yo girls)

So, I suppose a few intro questions are at order...

1) "the hemi tick" what level is acceptable/normal and what is to be nervous about?

2) Front negative camber, what is factory and what is too much? I haven't had a vehicle with noticeable negative camber before this one.

3) Our 57k mile 2018 392 off its second lease checks every box for us to keep for a while. I would like to reliably have 500bhp/4.0 or better 0-60. Should a CAI take care of this from what I've read online with the 6.4 really benefiting from one?

4) This is our newest vehicle and as such, first with Android Auto (we love it). Is there an easy way to play videos or screen mirror movies from your phone to the UConnect Screen?

5) What should I pay special attention to over the years that might fail on a Durango or 6.4 or SRT components? Thanks!

Attachments

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Great first post!
Welcome from the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Lots, and I mean LOTS , of very knowledgeable people here.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Awesome first post!! Welcome!!!! Yes, there’s things you can connect to the back of the uconnect if you don’t have the hdmi seats to play videos up front. Change the oil every 3-4k miles, only use 0-40 pennzoil full synthetic. Hemi tick can be confused with loud fuel injectors

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Great first post!
Welcome from the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Lots, and I mean LOTS , of very knowledgeable people here.
^^^ He's Right...what he said...BTW...don't buy his cookbook.e..nuff said...)...and welcome to our channel ;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
^^^ He's Right...what he said...BTW...don't buy his cookbook.e..nuff said...)...and welcome to our channel ;)
I didn't have the heart to tell him you were a cook in the Army..:cautious::cautious::cautious:;)

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Congrats! Beautiful DSRT! We traded ours almost 80k miles and never had any issues with it. 4.0 or under 0-60 might be difficult stock. Ours was pretty consistent 4.4s in good air. Damn fine vehicles imo.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I didn't have the heart to tell him you were a cook in the Army..:cautious::cautious::cautious:;)
Yea.......
Not.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Should you need any assistance, feel free to reach out to us via private message. We're happy to help.

Diamond
Dodge Cares

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Welcome and nice add! The DDSRT 392 is an awesome vehicle. Got to wring one out at Radford on the slalom course, hulking vehicle just sticks to the course like glue! All four tires squealin and screamin around a track is awesome!!