Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcats Represent the Best of Modern Street/Strip Cars Period!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I agree with Jack the bigger gains being by the added RPM than the possible small boost increase.
So again my point of being deceiving by the stock boost description to the average person. All the cars that are claimed to be stock boost are tuned in some form. So why not just say "with a tune"?
I guess it sounds better.🤷

Funny how if I post a time in some forums/platforms, even though I give up all info including DA and all the weather data.
I get the well you ran in impossible crazy weather or you must be gutted and other nonsense.😂
Yet not often is there any comments about the "stock boost" cars running in good air and often actually having weight reduction as well as the tune to run as mentioned originally in this thread , "low 10's".
Not trying to start an argument. Just saying that the term does play down an actual stock or stock power.

As for the boost increase from the RPM gain.
In the late season in good/great air (read as cold here) my boost guage will flash 12psi just before the car shifts. This is partly why I figured more boost would occur past the stock shift point. My stock car sees the most boost at higher RPM as in closer to the shift point. I will have to log it and check. Interesting 🤔.
So following along the findings @Jack_Toepfer posted with the Maggie.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
True in negative da you'll pick up some boost vs high da, but still a stock boost car, so there are a lot of variables that will pick up gains & still be stock boost but more than Dodge has claimed at the time of their testing & what others may want to go by.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
True in negative da you'll pick up some boost vs high da, but still a stock boost car, so there are a lot of variables that will pick up gains & still be stock boost but more than Dodge has claimed at the time of their testing & what others may want to go by.
So the question is do I tune and trans tune now to see what we get or screw it and put on the pulley and go for it.
The second choice would require another tune.
The first choice would allow me to have a "stock tune" number.;):ROFLMAO:

OP
N
Member ID
Reactions
City
webster
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #64
I agree with Jack the bigger gains being by the added RPM than the possible small boost increase.
So again my point of being deceiving by the stock boost description to the average person. All the cars that are claimed to be stock boost are tuned in some form. So why not just say "with a tune"?
I guess it sounds better.🤷

Funny how if I post a time in some forums/platforms, even though I give up all info including DA and all the weather data.
I get the well you ran in impossible crazy weather or you must be gutted and other nonsense.😂
Yet not often is there any comments about the "stock boost" cars running in good air and often actually having weight reduction as well as the tune to run as mentioned originally in this thread , "low 10's".
Not trying to start an argument. Just saying that the term does play down an actual stock or stock power.

As for the boost increase from the RPM gain.
In the late season in good/great air (read as cold here) my boost guage will flash 12psi just before the car shifts. This is partly why I figured more boost would occur past the stock shift point. My stock car sees the most boost at higher RPM as in closer to the shift point. I will have to log it and check. Interesting 🤔.
So following along the findings @Jack_Toepfer posted with the Maggie.

Personally I think it's interesting to see what the platform is capabale of with ecm/tcm changes and "stock boost". On factory lower/upper pullies the cars pick-up some and are faster tuned but it's not like they are all of a sudden filling jars with unicorn piss and shitting gold coins out.

The Hellcat platform seems to be the only platform where people seem to be concerned with "factory stock". Every other platform we compare our cars against at the track weekly are modified, most much more modified than we are. Our ET's represent avarage performance to be exepected under similar conditions with similar mods and weights. We make a lot of passes so we are also always getting better as drivers, particuarly launch techniques, etc. and that matters. Our cars run considerably slower than reported forum or youtube hero runs, but run equal to or better than actual cars with similar mods we line up with at the track.

In regards to rpm/boost - Ive got dozens of data logs supporting that the 2.7 Redeye blower on a 2.75 pulley is not increasing boost pressure when comparing stock shift points to modified shift points - if it were increasing boost with rpm you would see the consistent boost rise in 3,4,5th gears from 5K to shift point rpm. My logs do not show this, they are basically flat line. I don't look at the boost gauge so I can't comment if it shows any kind of momentary spikes.

As far as the cost to modify the tune after going to a smaller pulley - should not be too bad as the TCM will already be tuned which is more time consuming than engine tuning. The tuner will be changing injector data for the larger injectors and the spark tables, all in all pretty easy tune modifications. Unless your 100% certain you will never run the car on E85, you should look into getting 1200-1300 injectors on the front end so you don't have to swap those out again down the road if you choose to run E85, which will be tempting if it's available.

All ET reporting should include - Temp, Humidity, DA and Race weight. Any comparisons were trying to make between cars with similar mods without this data is basically a waste of time.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Personally I think it's interesting to see what the platform is capabale of with ecm/tcm changes and "stock boost". On factory lower/upper pullies the cars pick-up some and are faster tuned but it's not like they are all of a sudden filling jars with unicorn piss and shitting gold coins out.

The Hellcat platform seems to be the only platform where people seem to be concerned with "factory stock". Every other platform we compare our cars against at the track weekly are modified, most much more modified than we are. Our ET's represent avarage performance to be exepected under similar conditions with similar mods and weights. We make a lot of passes so we are also always getting better as drivers, particuarly launch techniques, etc. and that matters. Our cars run considerably slower than reported forum or youtube hero runs, but run equal to or better than actual cars with similar mods we line up with at the track.

In regards to rpm/boost - Ive got dozens of data logs supporting that the 2.7 Redeye blower on a 2.75 pulley is not increasing boost pressure when comparing stock shift points to modified shift points - if it were increasing boost with rpm you would see the consistent boost rise in 3,4,5th gears from 5K to shift point rpm. My logs do not show this, they are basically flat line. I don't look at the boost gauge so I can't comment if it shows any kind of momentary spikes.

As far as the cost to modify the tune after going to a smaller pulley - should not be too bad as the TCM will already be tuned which is more time consuming than engine tuning. The tuner will be changing injector data for the larger injectors and the spark tables, all in all pretty easy tune modifications. Unless your 100% certain you will never run the car on E85, you should look into getting 1200-1300 injectors on the front end so you don't have to swap those out again down the road if you choose to run E85, which will be tempting if it's available.

All ET reporting should include - Temp, Humidity, DA and Race weight. Any comparisons were trying to make between cars with similar mods without this data is basically a waste of time.
Good info.
I did pick up 1200 FIC injectors incase I go to flex tune. Race gas is crazy expensive here. Even though I can only get E85/98 in a barrel it is still way cheaper. As much as I race it makes sense in the long run.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
So the question is do I tune and trans tune now to see what we get or screw it and put on the pulley and go for it.
The second choice would require another tune.
The first choice would allow me to have a "stock tune" number.;):ROFLMAO:
It's nice to see a progression with changes But, just go straight to the pulley & tune, pcm & tcm, & be done. Then go bust some 9's in good da, then just say "it's stock with a pulley" :LOL: