Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat Anti-Theft Devices

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
he got the trunk popped and jumped in the staging lanes

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
FWIW - coming from someone who needed neutral in a hurry, I’d never block it out or make it more difficult to get to… There are better ways to deter thefts.
Agree. I use mine all the time. There's just plenty of times I need to move the car without starting to keep every thing cold and work on it. Or get it out of the garage in the am without waking everyone up. I've had nothing but manuals my whole life maybe I'm just so used to it.
It's not a bad idea but would just be a PIA for me.....I still might get one. :LOL:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Agree. I use mine all the time. There's just plenty of times I need to move the car without starting to keep every thing cold and work on it. Or get it out of the garage in the am without waking everyone up. I've had nothing but manuals my whole life maybe I'm just so used to it.
It's not a bad idea but would just be a PIA for me.....I still might get one. :LOL:
Interesting. Even if I'm doing something on my car I start it and move it. It cools down pretty fast if only running for 30 seconds. Or I will move it awhile before playing with it. I guess for me it just has not been needed

A guy was pushing his mini cooper in the staging lanes last Friday at the track and really struggling, maybe weak I don't know. He then clicked off a 16.2:LOL:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Interesting. Even if I'm doing something on my car I start it and move it. It cools down pretty fast if only running for 30 seconds. Or I will move it awhile before playing with it. I guess for me it just has not been needed

A guy was pushing his mini cooper in the staging lanes last Friday at the track and really struggling, maybe weak I don't know. He then clicked off a 16.2:LOL:
I dont think you saw it but he parked next to me and asked for a picture of his car by mine. He also asked me at one point if he could cut me in line because he hasn't made very many passes. I told him no

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Cooper heads will do anything to cheat. My club starts with 12 guage.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I dont think you saw it but he parked next to me and asked for a picture of his car by mine. He also asked me at one point if he could cut me in line because he hasn't made very many passes. I told him no
wow ass hat!

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
This is what I installed on my dad's caddy a few years back: https://www.ravelco.com/
It's a kill switch so you'll never be able to remote start your car ever again and valet parking can be challenging unless you leave it plugged in. My car is a garage queen so I haven't installed one though I'm heavily leaning towards calling Ravelco to setup an appointment just for added piece of mind.

It works by tapping into the wires of multiple sources required to start the car such as fuel pump, ignition, fuel injectors etc. I was present when they installed it and it took them about 4-5 hours. They have to be 100% certain they were tapping in each of the correct wires so they would testing everything. For example when they tapped into the fuel pump they had to make sure it disabled the fuel pump and not something else. It can tap into 16 sources though they don't used that many.

If the car in the video would have had a Ravelco installed it would have prevented the 3rd thief from starting the car. Also if a thief emulates your fob they will only be able to enter your car but not start it.
Have you installed a Ravelco device on your car? I've been looking into that..

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Have you installed a Ravelco device on your car? I've been looking into that..
That looked interesting to me too. I just don't like the idea of anyone chopping into 14 circuits on my car. If every one is not a soldered connection and shrink wrapped it's 14 more possible problems down the road.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
That looked interesting to me too. I just don't like the idea of anyone chopping into 14 circuits on my car. If every one is not a soldered connection and shrink wrapped it's 14 more possible problems down the road.
Agreed, and the guy I contacted a few weeks back is in NJ and wanted like 6xx to come to LI for the install. @coolblue I suppose we can get a deal to save us on the road time from NJ to LI, but I'm still convinced I want one for the reasons you mentioned.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I talked to the Ravelco guy here and I was quoted 550 and would come to me. He said he's done dozens of Challengers and Chargers.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Agreed, and the guy I contacted a few weeks back is in NJ and wanted like 6xx to come to LI for the install. @coolblue I suppose we can get a deal to save us on the road time from NJ to LI, but I'm still convinced I want one for the reasons you mentioned.
Saving all my money for strictly performance mods lately. :LOL:. E85 might be next.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelby Township
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Durango
Hey there I have 2021 Durango SRT and was looking to purchase a Netural cover how I can go about speaking to you about one

Member ID
Reactions
City
southfield
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 dodge durango srt
Hey there I have 2021 Durango SRT and was looking to purchase a Netural cover how I can go about speaking to you about one
Did he ever get back to you? I would like one as well

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
There is a pretty sweet relay based lockout device, that you can make. Hooks to any engine running circuit, like the fp.

Lemme know. I can forward the details.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
There is a pretty sweet relay based lockout device, that you can make. Hooks to any engine running circuit, like the fp.

Lemme know. I can forward the details.

You build it?

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
If it hasn't come up yet, even with the newer glass breakage alarms, next big thing they do now us snip the horn wiring through the grill before they break in to try to program new keys.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I can.

It is open source, with a few unique parts.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
If it hasn't come up yet, even with the newer glass breakage alarms, next big thing they do now us snip the horn wiring through the grill before they break in to try to program new keys.
No need to be in the car, to program a key.

If you know, you know.