Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Eight years of Happiness to Dodge and now Sadness…….Stellantis ruins it!!!!

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
So it took you how many days to conjure up your response??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Try a "real" scientific resource

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...l-resource-and-other-things-you-did-not-know/

😅🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣
So far, none of your responses addresses my initial question or follow up comment. Either you were being tongue-in-cheek in regards to your statement "Oil is a renewable energy resource. (laugh at this one)." and I missed it, or you actually believe it.

If you believe it, the only factual basis would be as I later stated, that you're conflating biofuels with crude when you use the term "oil". Otherwise, if you actually think crude oil is renewable, you're in the same camp as those who believe the Earth is flat, Q is real, and Lizard people live in the center of the Hollow Earth.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
BTW, you copied and pasted every single part of your post.

Lawd help me!!!
Actually I didn't

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Can you cite his sources? That would be hysterical.

FWIW - I ran my truck on biofuel for years, made 1000+ torque with it too…
I'm well aware biofuel is currently available....my poorly worded comment was intended to convey the idea that it isn't as readily produced or available as current crude oil based gasoline is.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Don't need to rEsEaRch it.

Since we're talking about EVs vs ICE on this thread, and as of yet biofuels are still in limited experimental production, the only "oil" one could infer you were talking about crude oil; if so, you're barking up the wrong tree; it's non-renewable.

If you meant algea based bio fuels....I'd love to see that hit the open market; would solve a LOT of problems AND address the fluctuations in the energy markets. Sadly, still seems a decade or so away. But such "oils" aren't what the average person considers when hearing the word "oil" in a conversation involving EV and ICE vehicles.
We created a farm to grow algae and DID make crude oil in the 2009-2011 period in NM. Problem is they gave it up because the price of crude fell below their cost of manufacturing at the time. So the technology exists. Someone bought that “black box”. You would still use an internal combustion engine.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
We created a farm to grow algae and DID make crude oil in the 2009-2011 period in NM. Problem is they gave it up because the price of crude fell below their cost of manufacturing at the time. So the technology exists. Someone bought that “black box”. You would still use an internal combustion engine.
Sad thing is, anyone with half a brain realizes that sooner or later, the price of crude will rise again. Just as the shale industry was practically shuttered due to the artificial manipulation of oil prices, this viable alternative was shuttered and still birthed before it could get established.

When Exxon "merged" with Mobil, it was at a time when the price of a barrel of oil was around $18, and Mobil's upper management elected to "golden parachute" themselves into retirement via the "merger". The rank and file Mobil folks were livid (and many still are), because before the deal actually closed, the price of crude doubled...but it was too late to reverse the dirty deed.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
its 2022...who the fuck owns chickens,,,o_O
lots of people around me. Not everyone lives in the city

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I know people who grow all of their own food. Have small farm with farm hands.

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
There was a time I thought about selling the HC but this cements my determination to hold on to what I have. While I actually like the looks of the new 2 door Charger, no way in hell I'm signing up for what's under the skin. I'm not sure the last chapter has been written on ICE, especially since there is no real infrastructure in place to make it convenient, quick, economical and meet the standards we are accustomed to. How am I supposed to take a trip somewhere in an EV knowing that a traffic jam, bad weather, and other unexpected obstacles can leave me stranded by the side of the road somewhere. It would definitely make me think twice about where and when I can travel. I predict that Stellantis is making a big mistake (long term) in their boardroom discussions with the execs all back slap congratulating each other on their brilliant strategy. Time will tell I guess. I think that the manufacturers that offer both options (EV, Hybrid, ICE) are going to have an advantage long term. I'm keeping mine for sure.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #69
Sad thing is, anyone with half a brain realizes that sooner or later, the price of crude will rise again. Just as the shale industry was practically shuttered due to the artificial manipulation of oil prices, this viable alternative was shuttered and still birthed before it could get established.

When Exxon "merged" with Mobil, it was at a time when the price of a barrel of oil was around $18, and Mobil's upper management elected to "golden parachute" themselves into retirement via the "merger". The rank and file Mobil folks were livid (and many still are), because before the deal actually closed, the price of crude doubled...but it was too late to reverse the dirty deed.
I would not bank on future controlled energy more than ever will be less expensive per se and or even guaranteed. We are witnessing Governing bodies controlling more than ever free markets to advance agendas to appease the save the world movement. And Oil will always fluctuate as it always has but when a electrical company controls a dominant e part of a state then what do you do when they raise their prices? I mean its not like you can call the Electrical company the next state over to compete with them. Its the Misinformation age more than ever which in the end will cost all of us more for energy not less. The transfer of wealth and power more than ever will be in the end held by the Governing Bodies not Private enterprises. And we see it over and over again the Governing Bodies who control their societies are the most expensive and least efficient ones on the planet.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
uhhh you live in Middleville...not Hooterville...:giggle::giggle:;)

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I live in a subdivision that was built 3 years ago. People in my neighborhood have chickens.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I would not bank on future controlled energy more than ever will be less expensive per se and or even guaranteed. We are witnessing Governing bodies controlling more than ever free markets to advance agendas to appease the save the world movement. And Oil will always fluctuate as it always has but when a electrical company controls a dominant e part of a state then what do you do when they raise their prices? I mean its not like you can call the Electrical company the next state over to compete with them. Its the Misinformation age more than ever which in the end will cost all of us more for energy not less. The transfer of wealth and power more than ever will be in the end held by the Governing Bodies not Private enterprises. And we see it over and over again the Governing Bodies who control their societies are the most expensive and least efficient ones on the planet.
I Just don't believe any of us can predict or assess where this whole EV vs fossil fuel scenario is going to play out with any degree of certainty....two things are for sure...the government is not going to loose the billions of dollars of current motor fuel tax revenue without taxing EV powered vehicles to the same degree...and I find it hard to believe a 100 plus year oil industry that has created world dependence for its product...is going to sit back and willingly relinquish market share to such an initiative as EV...regardless of who's behind the movement...