Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

EDIT - CHALLENGER owners - rear seat question

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Really no comparison between the leg room in a Challenger vs Charger.
Seriously? A taxi is better suited for rear seat passengers than a muscle car is?

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Seriously? A taxi is better suited for rear seat passengers than a muscle car is?
Seriously. 😂

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I actually like those oem wheels. They’re probably some of my favs. My kids have gotten in and out of mine fine for 5 years and they haven’t complained once😂
what breed are they..:unsure::giggle::giggle:;)

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
what breed are they..:unsure::giggle::giggle:;)
Oh they can complain lol, just not about riding in the Hellcat. Also not a dd so they might ride in it once a month or so.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Really no comparison between the leg room in a Challenger vs Charger. I’ve had both and in the Charger you can actually get in/out easily and have plenty of leg room. I don’t usually have a need for rear passengers so the Challenger does just fine👍
Is it the whole family you have a problem with..:unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Oh they can complain lol, just not about riding in the Hellcat. Also not a dd do they might ride in it once a month or so.
when you spoke of kids...I thought you were referring to yer pets

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #47
I did it...(and color keyed a harness bar)...people think I'm a racer:LOL::LOL::LOL:;)
Photos or did not happen :)

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #48
The back seat is actually quite roomy & comfortable - if you have the agility to get in & out of there. If there are tall ppl in the front & they push the seats back, leg room becomes an issue. Getting in & out is a PITA and unless you plan to load young, agile types back there you're screwed (or rather, they are screwed).
Forget about putting any sort of kid seat back there unless you are an Olympic gymnast or professional contortionist !
That's pretty much what I was thinking. They're big enough now to not need any of those seats anymore (the charger was a trooper in that regard)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
(the charger was a trooper in that regard)
Yes, troopers often use Chargers.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #50
Ummm, have you seen one? They're like unicorns! I've never seen one in the wild:oops:

Seriously though my wife is only 2" taller than it being a disability :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I love me some short people:love: even though I'm 6' or at least used to be. Think I'm down to 5'11" now
Wife and I used to get some funny looks when in public but I didn't/don't give a shit, she use to but not anymore.
lol, my wife likes to say she's 5' 2" and she's actually 5' 4" (both from when I measure her and the booking photos). And that spine compression I completely understand. It sucks.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #51
Not much of a fan of chrome wheels...but Gat's ride is the bomb(y)(y)(y)
He and I have talked lots of chrome (I was a chrome wheel guy back in the day - most recently on that SC GTO - set of staggered Bayerns) Not sure I'd put chrome on, but I'd defintely have to have wider in the back than stock.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #52
I mount the red and blues in the grill.

But speaking of law enforcement, I just get so tired of these arrested puffed up meth heads and wannabes threatening to "kill" the cops or other ridiculous shit. Makes me want to start an arraignment bingo card with stupid ass phrases spouted by arrestees. (I can do this because I was arrested 3 times in the US, and "detained" by foreign military once). I didn't shoot my mouth off.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
My daughter is 16, son is 9. I haul kids in mine all the time, best to get in on passenger side as seat breaks down and slides manually and actually moves pretty easily. I would say for kids and up to teens until they get pretty big, back seat is plenty fine and there's a good amount of room back there once they are in. I haul 2-3 kids my son's age all the time though like I said, they really like ripping around in the redeye ;)

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Is it the whole family you have a problem with..:unsure:
Hey, with the limited legroom it deters anyone from wanting to get in the back😂. That way family doesn’t become a problem 😏

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Here's pictures with the driver's seat all the way back. Access with the Charger is 1000% better.
20230424_090719.jpg 20230424_090743.jpg

clv22p

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger 1320
If your going to daily it with kids it not ideal. Get a Durango or a Ram. My kids do great in the back of the challenger. There is enough room for them.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If your going to daily it with kids it not ideal. Get a Durango or a Ram. My kids do great in the back of the challenger. There is enough room for them.
Of course they do...when you consider all they have room to do is inhale...exhale...repeat if necessary:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Yes! Out here in AZ, AZ DPS have at least a blue and a maroon unmarked that I have seen with paying roadside customers. Last week on way to work, I saw something that looked "unnatural", a front fender, hiding in the bushes at a known spot on 101 freeway, and was just accelerating up to (my) freeway speed, but there was a faster-moving vehicle coming from behind me, so I let him go first and that maroon Charger leaped out from the bushes and picked him off like a sitting duck - the color of the Charger was stunning! :eek::oops::cool:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Found an Octane Red 2020 Challenger (always liked this color, but like the Charger better as a body style). Do occasionally take the kids and wife - those rear seats usable? Ingress and egress difficult? Comfortable for long distance travel or just around town?
To answer OP, I am pretty tall and must have the seat all the way back, plus titled back also when I drive, which renders passenger leg room useless. It might be ok for a rear adult passenger if they aren't too tall and driver is short or a younger smaller person, and/or the passenger front is all the way forward. I have only had an adult passenger in my Challenger back seat one time, and he had to span across the seat to even fit, as I also had a front passenger that trip. Same holds true for the Charger - no legroom whatsoever when the front seats are are all the way back and tilted too.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL