Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dont piss on me and say its rain...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
At least they got the unversal phone-addict part right about the generation! That's gotta count for something....right ??
Makes me kinda glad I'm of the archaic flip phone generation..broken screen and all...(but I guess you could tell eh Illegal :giggle::giggle:)

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
I find it hard to believe that this is what the membership here on hellcatform.org looks like ...

View attachment 48706
Their in the Uber line :LOL:
Notice how everyone in the pic has their nose in their phone. I don’t think they’re Googling Dodge EV’s. 😂
If there is a car enthusiast in the group it's an import tuner lover. Dude in the middle went "stanced" on his Civic.

I saw these folks while I was driving yesterday...they were behind the wheel of tiny cars...smiling with their heads buried in their phones just like in the video.

One was behind me in stop & go construction zone traffic, texting and rolling when there was movement. Not wanting a rear end tap I stopped moving forward as incremental spaces opened up. She noticed the cars in the right lane moving and started honking at me. I waved from my open window. She cut off a truck to pull into the right lane and yelled at me (such bad words!) and flipped me off. I smiled and waved, happy she wasn't behind me anymore and knowing she lives a stupid life. They hate it when you smile & wave :giggle:.

Sorry to see Dodge messaging like this. As others have said...honesty would have been refreshing and if they believe that pic is their customer demographic then it's New Coke time. Like Paladin said in another thread, a classic Charger look with the inevitable powertrain change would at least be something interesting. The "woke" messaging is unfortunate and won't be effective.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
If there is a car enthusiast in the group it's an import tuner lover. Dude in the middle went "stanced" on his Civic.

I saw these folks while I was driving yesterday...they were behind the wheel of tiny cars...smiling with their heads buried in their phones just like in the video.

One was behind me in stop & go construction zone traffic, texting and rolling when there was movement. Not wanting a rear end tap I stopped moving forward as incremental spaces opened up. She noticed the cars in the right lane moving and started honking at me. I waved from my open window. She cut off a truck to pull into the right lane and yelled at me (such bad words!) and flipped me off. I smiled and waved, happy she wasn't behind me anymore and knowing she lives a stupid life. They hate it when you smile & wave :giggle:.

Sorry to see Dodge messaging like this. As others have said...honesty would have been refreshing and if they believe that pic is their customer demographic then it's New Coke time. Like Paladin said in another thread, a classic Charger look with the inevitable powertrain change would at least be something interesting. The "woke" messaging is unfortunate and won't be effective.
Go Woke and go broke.

Anguish

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
OH
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.
Meh. There are three ways to produce power:
1} Huge displacement, low RPM, with or without forced-air induction. "Muscle".
2} Low displacement, high RPM, with or without forced-air induction. "Rice".
3} Electric motors with insane torque. "Green".

None of them are right and none of them are wrong. They're just different, with their respective pros and cons. The proposed electric Charger will quite possibly beat the snot out of current Hellcats. That's - by definition - not a turd. Sure, it's not going to produce its power the way we prefer. And sure, it's kinda sad that the days of option #1 are numbered. But so many are getting butthurt and defensive and insulting when really, it's just... sorry, but your favorite restaurant changed their menu and your favorite meal isn't available any longer. Time we grow a pair, be men, and learn.

I love my 'Cat and I'm glad I got to experience it. But I'm also kind of excited to think of a 2s 0-60 version. Even if it's silent.

Maybe I'm wrong and a horrible, ignorant person for trying to be reasonable, but... I suspect not.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
This EV Day was more of a song-and-dance for investors. I watched the Q&A at the end of the live stream and they were all investment/banking people asking questions. This eMuscle car is just another model to start into the EV direction.

There was no mention of the LX/LC/LY (whatever they call our platform these days) redesign and although it's been delayed a few times, it's coming.

This will be where we'll likely see the hybrid/torque assist/AWD/weight reduction stuff that will keep the Hellcat and cousins relevant for this decade.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
I'll buy a horse before I'll buy one of their emuscle crap.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's not. we had a thread that showed who we are! LOL
Well...some of us did...we got tons of new members..we should do it again...

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ok......I need to come clean. I do plan to buy an ev when I retire. I've been planning on it for years, and the closer I get to retirement, the more I can see it becoming a reality.

I think something like this will be perfect for living at the beach in Mexico :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ICON_i40L_with_2_Tone_Seats_1_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I rent them out in Costa Rica but with mud flaps like mud flaps on the back end of a golpher's ass.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I'm sure Stellantis will take your post seriously and get back to you soon.
Just like “Joe Isuzu back in the 80s. Whaaad he say RIGHT!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Joe waz zee maaan back in the 80s. Still can't spell is zoo zoo.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
yeah....cuz the people in that pic ain't buying Dodges....no matter how much they cost.
Yup, that is what Steeeelantis obviously views as their ideal marketed target base, stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Does their marketing pie charts and bar graphs actually indicate the people depicted in the image can source the kind of funds to step into the higher end platform they are hinting at. I am not one to profile but I would think the bulk of client base that could purchase the platform they hint at is right here on this forum. The question is do they have the correct target base that will buy it? You folks be the judge, even more so Stelatis.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Ok......I need to come clean. I do plan to buy an ev when I retire. I've been planning on it for years, and the closer I get to retirement, the more I can see it becoming a reality.

I think something like this will be perfect for living at the beach in Mexico :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 48765
Storm, at least you got the red Brembo calipers going for ya

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Storm, at least you got the red Brembo calipers go fer ya
I know right......and the wide body kit too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I duz also after having them repainted 3 times. Orange, black and then ended up red along with the engine,,, painted silver and red.