Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealers Ripping Off Demon 170 Contracted Buyers Per RacerX

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Tim K is turning out to be the biggest pile of trash.

Zero respect for that man now.
Honestly what has he done? He literally is appointed CEO when the Hellcat's were being developed and everything else has been trash. I'm sure there are more things bad but these are the glaring ones on top of my head:
  • Dodge loses the Caravan, Journey, Avenger, and Viper under his watch.
  • Admits on camera last year Dodge never made a midsize pony car because they didn't want to compete with the Mustang or Camaro
  • Only brought to market 1 new model, the Hornet, in 10 YEARS!
  • Oversaw hundreds of millions of dollars in compliance fines
  • Hellephant and both Demon rollouts a joke
  • Forcing you to go to a Power Broker for a pulley swap who are some of the worst markup dealers in the country
  • Give a dude $150k, a car, and Chief Donut maker title, who doesn't like Dodge and literally hides him from promotions

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
One hand washes the other, as always. If you have a big following and clout? You get it all. Regular guy/paying customer gets nothing/ripped off. Best part is, all the influencers have to money and can afford to pay the markup. Unbelievable

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I absolutely refuse to deal with my local dealer because they are such abject f@cking pine cones. The only reason my car got its first few oil changes at a CDJR dealer in the first place is I had a friend that was a service manager. Once he left that dealer I stopped going entirely. I now have literally no one within at least 1 to 2 hours that I would feel comfortable doing business with...and the only person that touches my Silverado & Hellcat is a mechanic at Toyota. They gave up the GM franchise and he stayed on turning wrenches.
Back in the day...this was not the case...most dealers were fair...and competent and customer service never meant....here sir..bend over this chair...

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I've been hearing more and more of this..
Not sure what they think they are accomplishing being that way. Given their attitude there's no way I'd ever buy from them & doubtful I'll ever buy another Stellantis product given all that's happened & their inability to make these dealers honor the warranty!

I've never, ever had that issue with any of my Infiniti's, Honda's or NIssan's !!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My buddies at a couple dealers in different parts of the country tell me things have gotten "interesting" in parts and service since Stellantis took over making things difficult for dealers. Fines and what not.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Too many people with too much money that are willing to pay adms. If I had millions I would be adding one to my museum of cars for another 100k because I wouldn't care as long as I had one

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Wish those types gad stayed with the Corvette crowd. Since Hellcat too many of those types have ruined the culture for these cars imo.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My buddies at a couple dealers in different parts of the country tell me things have gotten "interesting" in parts and service since Stellantis took over making things difficult for dealers. Fines and what not.
Well I hope Jenkins gets some sort of fines or sanctions levied against them for the way they are handling my case.
Not only are they damaging their reputation (not that it was all that great to start with) but Dodge's as well !!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I think it's a bit more complex than that. From what I've been told it's turned in to some kind of thing where customer brings car in for service, needs a warranty part, Stellantis won't approve said part or delays approval, and after like 3 days the dealership starts getting a penalty from Stellantis for not having repaired the vehicle. Wouldn't surprise me if some dealers started not doing some repairs to avoid the whole thing.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not sure what they think they are accomplishing being that way. Given their attitude there's no way I'd ever buy from them & doubtful I'll ever buy another Stellantis product given all that's happened & their inability to make these dealers honor the warranty!

I've never, ever had that issue with any of my Infiniti's, Honda's or NIssan's !!
A service writer I know from one of the brands you mention ....said his dealer takes customer service very seriously..and so does the motor company...they view customer complaints..as unacceptable..it affects their allocation,,..bonus programs...and more..so it's not industry wide...

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
That would most certainly bite them on the ass. Play enough games with warranty work and in return the sales will proportionally reflect those type of games. If the dealers alienates their customer base for warranty work making it difficult on the customer to get work done then what else does the customer need them for. The dealer provides two key functions. Primarily a gateway to buy the car and also to have it serviced under warranty, or out of warranty service work that most here won’t utilize. Make it so the Car can be ordered and delivered on line. Not going to happen. So honor the warranty work or face negative feedback translating into lost customer sales pure and simple. FCA police your dealers representing your products better.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I think it's a bit more complex than that. From what I've been told it's turned in to some kind of thing where customer brings car in for service, needs a warranty part, Stellantis won't approve said part or delays approval, and after like 3 days the dealership starts getting a penalty from Stellantis for not having repaired the vehicle. Wouldn't surprise me if some dealers started not doing some repairs to avoid the whole thing.
They needed 3 parts for mine & have had them for > 30 days now (confirmed by Dodge CS), so they can't use that excuse !

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
That would most certainly bite them on the ass. Play enough games with warranty work and in return the sales will proportionally reflect those type of games. If the dealers alienates their customer base for warranty work making it difficult on the customer to get work done then what else does the customer need them for. The dealer provides two key functions. Primarily a gateway to buy the car and also to have it serviced under warranty, or out of warranty service work that most here won’t utilize. Make it so the Car can be ordered and delivered on line. Not going to happen. So honor the warranty work or face negative feedback translating into lost customer sales pure and simple. FCA police your dealers representing your products better.
We all know warrantee work is not as profitable as regular service work..or non warrantee work...depending on how busy the dealer is with non warrantee work..may dictate lead times..or even a reluctance to perform your warrantee work @ all..add to that the fact you didn't buy there..could lead to shit stick city...

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
During the car shortage when some dealers had shit for stock they were begging for any service work warranty or non. Some GM dealers near me had only service work to keep lights on. Buicks and GMC vehicles were parked at the front of the lot lengthwise to appear more stocked on lot.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
They needed 3 parts for mine & have had them for > 30 days now (confirmed by Dodge CS), so they can't use that excuse !
Well, that's certainly strange. What is your service advisor telling you is the issue?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well, that's certainly strange. What is your service advisor telling you is the issue?
They just keep saying it will get scheduled when the spoiler is painted. Shit, I could have painted an entire 757 with rattle cans by now & made it look good.
Keep getting 'next week', '3 days', 'end of the week' excuses & it never happens. The latest with the guy from Dodge was last Tue when he swore he had talked to the Ser Mgr & she said by Thurs. Said he'd call her on Thurs & confirm with me. No one called & I left him a msg Fri afternoon.

Was a good dealer when locally owned by the Lamb family, they sold out 18 months ago to Jenkins and it's turned into a steaming pile of :poop:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I'm actually cancelling an order from a Dodge dealer tomorrow morning as the parts never came in, three weeks on. Got lucky and had them gifted to me recently, cancelling those out of the order and getting the rest shipped hopefully.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Haven't had any for him since "18":mad:
17 for me.

And now he is ruining Ram.
Guy got lucky once with the Hellcat and hasn't done shit since.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #39
17 for me.

And now he is ruining Ram.
Guy got lucky once with the Hellcat and hasn't done shit since.
I'm not sticking up for the guy but he is nothing more than a talking head at this point. Or was that all he ever was, the top corporate sales guy?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I'm not sticking up for the guy but he is nothing more than a talking head at this point. Or was that all he ever was, the top corporate sales guy?
Could be.
IDK.

I just remember thinking there are a lot of cool toys in the FCA toolbox and he didn't really try and do anything different.

Make a new Neon with a hybrid drivetrain.
Make a new Nitro with the same.
Figure out how to utilize the 4xe turbo 4 drivetrain and keep the costs down to offset carbon credits.

The problem anymore is that once a company makes a "performance" car, they need to jack up the price. They could have utilized this drive train to make 400hp into 2 performance vehicles that get 50+mpg and get the tax credit to boot.