Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger Tomahawk?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The Dodge of old is no more. SRT is gone. No more independent thought. I'm thinking a bunch of rebadged whatevers.
agreed...there are skinny Europeans with bad teeth..pale skin...and a distain for deodorant callin the shots...face it....it's over...:poop::poop::poop:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
What if one is a revised Hellcat with electric motors up front to pull it out of the hole? And, therefore it is a kick your ass quick hybrid with a Hellcat engine remaining? Would we be interested?

What if one is a real EV and competes with the Plaid? Would we be interested?

What if one is like a street legal drag pack? But priced under the DP. Would we be interested?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
What if one is a revised Hellcat with electric motors up front to pull it out of the hole? And, therefore it is a kick your ass quick hybrid with a Hellcat engine remaining? Would we be interested?

What if one is a real EV and competes with the Plaid? Would we be interested?

What if one is like a street legal drag pack? But priced under the DP. Would we be interested?
Ya lost me after the first option..first one could be interesting...:unsure::unsure::unsure:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
It’s like…”We can’t be loud kick ass ICE anymore, but at least we have each other. Isn’t that right, former customers? Group hug?”

I’m saying, nope.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Ya lost me after the first option..first one could be interesting...:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Oh it is just me thinking what the “three” different cars may be. I do think that hybrid may happen. We have been reading about that option for a few years now. For #2 They could give us a full battery powered one. It could have has many motors and as big a battery as a Plaid. That would be quick! Then the third with the full send off for ICE? That one could be any further upgrade even in just redline and HP numbers of our Hellcat engines.

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
BMW’s value falls like a rock, like all the imports in 3 to 5 years and the maintenance cost is criminal. We had one and after 5 years I got rid of that POS as fast as I did dry first wife.
100% Agreed. German cars don't hold value well for some reason, lot of lease deals available for them which doesn't help. The sticker on my 2014 MB E550 was over $70,000. Bought it as a one owner for $21k in early 21'. It's been an awesome daily driver! They are great cars just not worth the price new. Maintenance DIY has been slightly cheaper than the Hellcat but not by much.

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
100% Agreed. German cars don't hold value well for some reason.
It’s because the minute theyre out of factory warranty they explode. Notoriously unreliable once the miles start piling up. Sure you can list exceptions but those will almost always be meticulously maintained and serviced religiously and more importanty, expensively. Especially with some miles. Resale values tank because of it and rightfully so. I wouldnt want one for free. Being in the used car business we see it quite a bit.

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
It’s because the minute theyre out of factory warranty they explode. Notoriously unreliable once the miles start piling up. Sure you can list exceptions but those will almost always be meticulously maintained and serviced religiously and more importanty, expensively. Especially with some miles. Resale values tank because of it and rightfully so. I wouldnt want one for free. Being in the used car business we see it quite a bit.
Agreed for the most part. I went with the MB 4.6L V8 as they are used overseas for Taxi's which see 400k+ miles regularly. It's been one of the most reliable vehicles I've owned out of 13 vehicles. The old Volkswagen I had on the other hand was a turd that couldn't even compare to a Honda's reliability.

Even American made cars right now are having many failures do to outsourced parts, labor, poor engineering etc. Finding you really have to do your research regardless of where the model is made now.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I've always wondered why electric vehicles have so many more outside and inside power consuming thingies.

Yeah, anything electrical robs power from a real engine, but I'd think it'd be detrimental to an electric vehicle.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
I've always wondered why electric vehicles have so many more outside and inside power consuming thingies.

Yeah, anything electrical robs power from a real engine, but I'd think it'd be detrimental to an electric vehicle.
Electric and 2 doors.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Electric and 2 doors.
Meatloaf claimed that two out of three ain't bad, but now we're down to one out of two.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

One of my friends...(a lot like CC) has to have the latest newest thing out there...(but only one@ a time)...he was tellin me Sat. he bought his wife a new Tesla...I said where are you gonna get that thig fixed when it shits the bed...his reply...they don't break...this from an electrical engineer...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
One of my friends...(a lot like CC) has to have the latest newest thing out there...(but only one@ a time)...he was tellin me Sat. he bought his wife a new Tesla...I said where are you gonna get that thig fixed when it shits the bed...his reply...they don't break...this from an electrical engineer...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Have a buddy with a 2016 p90d, he bought it used just for fun and partly because it was a good deal at the time, man has he got some stories for your buddy. Tesla service center is garbage, I would rather go after the taycan tbh.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Have a buddy with a 2016 p90d, he bought it used just for fun and partly because it was a good deal at the time, man has he got some stories for your buddy. Tesla service center is garbage, I would rather go after the taycan tbh.
we have bikes boats cars...EVERYTHING breaks sooner or later...

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
They probably burn up before they actually break🤔

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
we have bikes boats cars...EVERYTHING breaks sooner or later...
It's not that it breaks, it's the odd stuff that goes on with the car and the way the tesla service center handles things.

Also the build quality and materials does not correlate to the msrp of the vehicle.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I (literally) don't understand this.

No, it actually is the supercharger...

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I don't understand this (literally).
Pink Challenger..:unsure::unsure:..seen enough..didn't read it...don't care what it's about...:sleep:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
When I see the cringy “Brotherhood of Muscle” I stop right there.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
When I see the cringy “Brotherhood of Muscle” I stop right there.
Interesting catch phrase that used lol.