Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bold New Concept VIA Chrysler

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OMG. the marketing fluff coming out of her mouth. "Design forward mobility." Sheesh.

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'm not a fan. Here's my take:
1 - this is no longer transportation. it's turning passengers into a captive audience.
2 - popups on the full-canopy HUD--the /entire/ glass is a display. how long do you think it will be before this gets sold as ad space? Now you don't go to billboards, they come to you.
3 - this is not a driving experience, this sounds more like a 'hostage' experience--to the AI and whatever "goodies" STA wants to subject you to.
If I want a concierge-like travel experience, I get on a tour bus or take a taxi and say "scenic route, tell me about your city".
This will also be a hacker's delight. Can you imagine how much damage bad actors can do once they gain access to vehicles with this tech? It's not an if, only a when.

Consider first just how great Dodge's mere theft deterrence has been, and now they think they can manage security at a much bigger scale?
Also consider, in the past 10 years, their website merely displaying their current model year offerings has typically been 8-12+ months out of date--and yet we're to believe they have the tech chops to do all this, and do it well?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I fully expect a self driving car to kill me in the future. Every big drop was later in the day as we all sat impatiently waiting for it. Looks like this dropped at 6am because they knew no one was really looking forward to it. Says concept based on if they get enough people interested in it to build it. This was the work of a group of people the last few years when they thought we wanted EVs and sense the work was done they thought they would share. Coming never to a showroom near you

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I fully expect a self driving car to kill me in the future. Every big drop was later in the day as we all sat impatiently waiting for it. Looks like this dropped at 6am because they knew no one was really looking forward to it. Says concept based on if they get enough people interested in it to build it. This was the work of a group of people the last few years when they thought we wanted EVs and sense the work was done they thought they would share. Coming never to a showroom near you
These things are all over Scottsdale. My wife actually got in one when she was there for work. I said no way in hell!

https://waymo.com/waymo-one-phoenix/

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Hope this shit is still 15+ years away...by then I wont care...
You'll be 85 then and take it from me (80) you will still care. I'm as passionate about the ICE cars now as I was in the 60s and 70s.

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB
The government and auto-makers, have bailed on human freedoms and choices. People have become indoctrinated to be lazy and believe they need help with the most basic thoughts and physical abilities. I do not comply, capitulate, or cooperate with their thoughts or mandates. Most laws, are merely suggestions to me.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
The government and auto-makers, have bailed on human freedoms and choices. People have become indoctrinated to be lazy and believe they need help with the most basic thoughts and physical abilities. I do not comply, capitulate, or cooperate with their thoughts or mandates. Most laws are merely suggestions, to me.
A mandate is nothing but a suggestion.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Brought to you by the company that has yet to get a stable version of Uconnect deployed ......................... :rolleyes: :unsure: :whistle: :poop:

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
Brought to you by the company that has yet to get a stable version of Uconnect deployed ......................... :rolleyes::unsure::whistle::poop:
If you don't have navigation will it connect and show the waze or maps from your phone?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
A company that makes 1 minivan, is wasting money building this garbage when they should be making a replacement to the 300

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
A company that makes 1 minivan, is wasting money building this garbage when they should be making a replacement to the 300
They would about own the market with a 4 door sedan, there isn't much out there. One of our suppliers had a contract with Ford and had Taurus and fusions for their reps and both are gone now

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Future forward replacing Cab forward. What a steaming pile of crap.

It’s going to need defensive systems in cities. A mob just torched an autonomous Waymo car the other day.

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

It’s going to need defensive systems in cities. A mob just torched an autonomous Waymo car the other day.
"Protect Summer." lol.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16

All of these blue cities are turning into jungles of illegals, drug addicts and gangs.

MMissile

500 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb County
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Hellcat WB

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
All of these blue cities are turning into jungles of illegals, drug addicts and gangs.
You mean Democrats :unsure:;)

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Maybe it'll be on Kickstarter.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
The government and auto-makers, have bailed on human freedoms and choices. People have become indoctrinated to be lazy and believe they need help with the most basic thoughts and physical abilities. I do not comply, capitulate, or cooperate with their thoughts or mandates. Most laws, are merely suggestions to me.
the government knows what's best for you. lolol