Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Arrington Performance

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
We were involved with Arrington for a seperate Race car my husband Wanted built.
Seems to me the problem was the owners weren't minding the store.
The internal and external thieves lied cheated and stole and scammed together.
And BTW Eric who was at Arrington went on to be part owner of A2 speed scamming all the way and many know about the Hellcats that were destroyed waiting for parts and a Ton of money disappeared and cars had to be towed out. And Beware of his Next place to be. He is now at Pettys.

I think Arrington had so much scamming that they just stay away from what was in their past.
I too like @DemonSRT could post a lot more.
Why because we were caught in that ring of scammers.

In the beginning My husband as Top Cat was keeping those Aholes out on the other forum. He wasn't going to let those scammers in.
He would have been upset at all the BS with A2 speed.

Linda :)

Last edited:
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #22
Anywhere Eric Hruza goes is a place to avoid imo.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I will say Mike seems very passionate about the Hemi class so I would believe he is bringing that to his shop and customers. I have seen him at a few NMCA races:)

Last edited:

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
The last time I did business with them is when I magna charged my r/t classic m6 and that was when I first met AJ.. that was early 2010 the last time I saw them do anything post VA is on TV was when they had a shootout vs ford and chevy and they came in 3rd. But @ one time Buddy Arrington's shop was THE place to do mopars.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I was shopping to have a good 6.1 stroker motor built way back probably 2010 or so. Can’t explain it, but got bad vibes when talking with general manager “Alex” and then salesman “Don” at Arrington in Virginia. Went with someone else.

Then went shopping for a Hellcrate engine when they came out in 2017. A2 Speed is one shop that was advertising them. They were asking 3 grand less than others, plus the shipping cost. In talking with them, I was getting the bad vibe thing and didn’t jump on the sale. They called me back and dropped the price another 3 grand and said they’d pay shipping. I’m sure many people would jump on that purchase, but I didn’t feel right about them. I passed and went down to my local dealer and paid a little more but felt confident about the purchase.

There’s a lot of shady shops and characters out there. Beware...

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I was shopping to have a good 6.1 stroker motor built way back probably 2010 or so. Can’t explain it, but got bad vibes when talking with general manager “Alex” and then salesman “Don” at Arrington in Virginia. Went with someone else.

Then went shopping for a Hellcrate engine when they came out in 2017. A2 Speed is one shop that was advertising them. They were asking 3 grand less than others, plus the shipping cost. In talking with them, I was getting the bad vibe thing and didn’t jump on the sale. They called me back and dropped the price another 3 grand and said they’d pay shipping. I’m sure many people would jump on that purchase, but I didn’t feel right about them. I passed and went down to my local dealer and paid a little more but felt confident about the purchase.

There’s a lot of shady shops and characters out there. Beware...
There are, a lot of Shady Shops and Characters.

Oh I remember that 1st crate engine post displaying the BAIT. "Going cheap on the engine" Not Really!
They were fishing for the guy that had lots and lots of money. Knowing they can catch the guy wanting something nobody else at that time could get. He's Now the Cool Guy.
Once in the door for the build it would go on and on. Eric would have had the next latest greatest part to be had. And taking money time and time again and as the build goes along the Hellcat is stuck for the next part waoting to be developed.
Then after a whole year and the Cool guy's HC has never been tested at the track. And his common sense kicks with WTF did I do.
Finally being so disgusted the Hellcat is towed out.
Good Luck in finding someone to take over and try to get it running again.
1. Most shops do not was that kind of work.
The good ones will T&T R&D. They want you out enjoying your New Speed!
2. The amount of money to fix that Hellcat, well it might be better to just buy a new one.
The above has happened many times from Eric selling "Paperwork Marketing".

Paperwork Marketing = when everything that is read or what that is being said "sounds good" But there is no actual known proof from the track of Parts and Tuning.
Unknowingly, the customer becomes the R+D person for their shop. Customers would not be told that because sales can all talk the talk like Eric.

My husband loved R&D we had learned both sides of scam or no scam.
It was a great difference working with HHP testing parts and Tuning.
John could care less about stock ETs. He was waiting for R&D and T&T of parts
Our Hellcats were at the track every week! Josh and John worked in tandem together for the Goals.
We had great fun Date nights together!

I hope within this post it will be helpful for members to think and know to use an experienced Tuner and shop for Hellcats.
There are many good ones out there.

Hellcats are built by Dodge basically race ready. To add more HP at this time it should be fairly easy for an experienced shop.

There is much known information!

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #27
Well said Linda. Things are much easier for folks now than back in 2010.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Well said Linder.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
Things are much easier, but they did have some good people come out of that business. Not all but some.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
How about everyone throw in the money to fund me a 426 build and I will keep you informed how long it takes, how good their communication is and how well it runs afterwards:cool:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Anywhere Eric Hruza goes is a place to avoid imo.
I realize this is an aged thread, so apologies in advance for bringing it back, but as a public service announcement to perhaps some newer members in the community and/or those maybe not super-well-connected with the history of the modern Mopar performance world (like me - learning all the time).

I just wanted to raise the warning that the named individual Speedy warned about here is still lurking and apparently bouncing around in the background and I can confirm is a bona-fide liar and a thief - avoid any dealings with said individual!! I have been involved in a year long saga beginning with someone I trusted to do some upgrades to an expensive (to me) part for our cars, an unbeknownst to me until recently, it turns out the individual I trusted was/is working with the named person above doing contracted design and mfg. work.

I try and do my best due diligence before embarking on business deals, but this one just bit me in the arse, so a painful lesson learned and I move on with life.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I realize this is an aged thread, so apologies in advance for bringing it back, but as a public service announcement to perhaps some newer members in the community and/or those maybe not super-well-connected with the history of the modern Mopar performance world (like me - learning all the time).

I just wanted to raise the warning that the named individual Speedy warned about here is still lurking and apparently bouncing around in the background and I can confirm is a bona-fide liar and a thief - avoid any dealings with said individual!! I have been involved in a year long saga beginning with someone I trusted to do some upgrades to an expensive (to me) part for our cars, an unbeknownst to me until recently, it turns out the individual I trusted was/is working with the named person above doing contracted design and mfg. work.

I try and do my best due diligence before embarking on business deals, but this one just bit me in the arse, so a painful lesson learned and I move on with life.

What part?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat

You Must be at Petty's?

Linda :)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast