Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Another "mistake" from Dodge mentioning the Charger Redeye

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #21
Dodge calls me every few days asking about what I’m going to do when the lease is up. I keep telling them I’ll drop it off and walk away.
As it stands, they don’t have an upgrade for ME just yet. So, I’ll take my ball and go home.
They're not calling me about mine, but they are mailing and e-mailing like mofos. I'll probably end up keeping the damn car. Or at least that's what my wife says.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #22
But the challenger is "quicker" and that's what most of us care about . Not many people doing land speed records . It's mostly drag strip . Plus Im not a fan of the charger body .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Boo, hiss!

1tBCl5nMWk2i7g8efjhxX-A.jpeg

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
But the challenger is "quicker" and that's what most of us care about . Not many people doing land speed records . It's mostly drag strip . Plus Im not a fan of the charger body .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Totally agree, top speed is of no value to me. Its just the only thing us Charger guys can throw in the face of you Challenger guys. : )

Love that we have the choice, both awesome cars. As I'm too poor for multiple cars, I need four door practicality. A Red Eye Charger I think, it could be argued, has a lot of utilitarian value and would be totally practicable as a daily kid hauler.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
Whoa... that's spooky. Just now, like 2 minutes ago, FCA just called me about the lease. Jack has jinxed me.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
This is a very skewed statement. The very fact that people dont want sedans anymore is why more Chargers were sold. More and more manufacturers stopped making them, making the choices for the remaining people who do even less. Thers’s a reason theyre not making them anymore. Sales, or lack thereof. Of course the last man standing will have a surge in sales.
Overall people want SUV’s and even the Charger will suffer in the end.
If that's the case, FCA should go balls out on the Redeye Charger.

From factory:
  • Widebody Redeye Charger, 797 HP
  • Fully loaded out the box
    • HUD standard
    • Real launch control standard
    • Summer tires standard
  • Optional extra
    • Alcantara
    • Sunroof
    • RWD
    • Nitto NT05 tires
    • AWD
That way, they can end it with a blast and Motortrend won't have any issues launching it at the next "Worlds Greatest Drag Race".

My 2cents

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Whoa... that's spooky. Just now, like 2 minutes ago, FCA just called me about the lease. Jack has jinxed me.
HAHAHA

I'm sure they'll call you again. I regret not trying to negotiate with them when I had them on the phone... I will tomorrow when they call.