Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

7th car announcement

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #521
It doesn't seem like a lot of bang for buck.
No it doesn’t look that way but if one could swing it finically it would be tough initial to lay out that cash but long term resale it would absolutely not loose value. That would be a highly sought after option.

Savvy folks should buy a few extra set of special tires with logo and store them properly. Then just grab Regular MT 315/50R 17 without the logo to tool around or track it.

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #522
I enjoy the shade slamming back during launch so the sun comes in and blinds me.
Wonder if this new 2 Gs force can pull the sunshade open for auto shade open on sunroof cars. Of course that option is free for the overpriced sunroof option. Just cost of of extra gas to stab pedal. Just thinking out loud 🤣

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #523
What was the top speed the sunroof blows up? 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Haven't done it yet 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂.
Ah local test pilots confirm current challenger platform hardware acceptance test reports of 192 is certified to stay intact.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
No it doesn’t look that way but if one could swing it finically it would be tough initial to lay out that cash but long term resale it would absolutely not loose value. That would be a highly sought after option.

Savvy folks should buy a few extra set of special tires with logo and store them properly. Then just grab Regular MT 315/50R 17 without the logo to tool around or track it.
Missed the logo on them

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #525
Did they, shit I thought the put it there. Talk about lost Easter Egg opportunity. Somebody come up with a 3D printed stick on R2 compound Demon logo

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

So I've been putting some thought into this...

...because I know this guy that is developing a really light weight aluminum ceramic rotor that will shave ~70lbs of rotating mass off of a HC/RE Challenger...

So the wheels save 25lbs (or 30lbs???) of rotating weight, I've seen at least two different numbers now...

However, it's at a larger diameter than the rotors, so while the mass is only ~1/3 of the rotor reduction, it's at a larger diameter, therefor the momentum of the 25lbs is a bit greater than if it were at the rotors mean diameter....

It's still not nearly the same as the 70lbs, but it's not trivial either....

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #527
Yep not just weight that matters it’s also diameter or really radius away from center off mass

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So I've been putting some thought into this...

...because I know this guy that is developing a really light weight aluminum ceramic rotor that will shave ~70lbs of rotating mass off of a HC/RE Challenger...

So the wheels save 25lbs (or 30lbs???) of rotating weight, I've seen at least two different numbers now...

However, it's at a larger diameter than the rotors, so while the mass is only ~1/3 of the rotor reduction, it's at a larger diameter, therefor the momentum of the 25lbs is a bit greater than if it were at the rotors mean diameter....

It's still not nearly the same as the 70lbs, but it's not trivial either....

It was said back in the day that 100 lbs was a 10th but only 10 lbs rotating weight was a 10th. I did not pick up 7 tenths with 70lbs I took off with light weight wheels:LOL: saying that I would take the 70 lb rotor weight reduction

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
LOL @ Tim K.
I just noticed that the Sunroof is $9,995
roflmao
Sooo, Carbon wheels cost $12k and sunroof is $10k, and you end up paying an extra $22k to get a car just as fast?!?!? LOL! Isn't this like selling weapons to both sides at war??? Does anyone else notice Dodge is getting better at marketing lately?!?!

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Maybe they are all about pissing everyone off at this point going forward:LOL:
I think their plan was to list MSRP much lower than many of us thought, knowing the dealers would jack up the price with huge ADMs, and figure most would be more pissed at the dealers than Dodge. Either way they fucked the people that really wanted this car that aren’t willing to pay the big bucks. I doubt we’ll ever see one of these on the streets since most will be in millionaires collections collecting dust in their warehouse.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
I think the recent crazy appreciation might subside with this new one, but a nice Demon will never be worth below MSRP ever again and still probably command $125k+...but going forward it will probably be like Grand National/GNX procing and differences between the original Demon and the Demon 170.
Probably true that they will hold value, but the same $ invested well will increase in value. Not to mention storage, maintenance, insurance and storage costs.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Just stumbled onto this:
https://www.stellpower.com/news-2023/dodge-challenger-srt-demon-170-1025-horsepower/

There is no special computer to install: from the factory, the Demon 170 will run on anything between 93-octane gasoline and E85, with the computer adjusting on the fly for the fuel detected. The engine computer monitors the level of ethanol in the system; when it finds more than 65% ethanol, all 1,025 horsepower is unlocked without the driver doing anything.
Let me know when I can buy one of these computers!!!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
That whole situation is confounding. They know there's going to be backlash.
They could care less about us, it's all about maximizing profit on the last of the ICE then selling EV's to the woke. :(

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
To avoid the penalties of markups with Dodge, couldn't the dealers just keep the allocations for themselves then turn around and sell for big $$$?

At $96,666 I would consider getting one. Keeping an eye on my local dealers but doubt it will be possible at MSRP.

Curious to see how this all plays out.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
I think their plan was to list MSRP much lower than many of us thought, knowing the dealers would jack up the price with huge ADMs, and figure most would be more pissed at the dealers than Dodge. Either way they fucked the people that really wanted this car that aren’t willing to pay the big bucks. I doubt we’ll ever see one of these on the streets since most will be in millionaires collections collecting dust in their warehouse.
Interesting. So this is maybe a bribe/reward they send to compliant dealers that will push Rams, Jeeps, and EV's the hardest?

OP
Demoniccat

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #537
I think the recent crazy appreciation might subside with this new one, but a nice Demon will never be worth below MSRP ever again and still probably command $125k+...but going forward it will probably be like Grand National/GNX procing and differences between the original Demon and the Demon 170.
Good analogy Grand National to GNX like Demon to Demon DC170

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Screenshot_20230321_195204_Facebook.jpg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well apparently they didn't learn THAT lesson the first time around....
No article was attached...assumed a joke. But, you never know.