Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

7th car announcement

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Brotherhood Sisterhood of Muscle Electrons.....CHARGE (don't forget to wear your jammies and slippers) :mad:

Last edited:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
My wife loves her jammies! But she is waay more excited about 3/4 ton's than EV's!

I am very interested in seeing how this slow motion train wreck turns out. (I wish I could Fast Forward!) Who is going to buy these things? The only people I know can't even pay their credit card bills! I guess the gvt will need to step in and help... :mad:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Honestly I never even considered this car to be anything but a Drag Focused Halo. I will be shocked if it is not.
Interesting. I feel that would be too narrowly focused, if i was in charge. By far.the most.folks that.approached me about the HC were into its street performance, not it quarter mile times. But then it seems the stellantis team is not much in tune w america and the market here. We will see where it goes.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I don't think Dodge can do anything else with the Challenger.
I don't think they can build something that would keep up with the ZL1 1LE. And that car is about 75k.
GT500s are no longer produced but used ones are as low as the 70s.

I don't see how Dodge can even try and compete with that.
I think this is a Demon killer. Its what I predicted back when the Demon came out. Dodge would bring another killer to excite sales again.

This is it. I think it will have the trans brake and Demon suspension etc. NHRA now allows to run 9 flat. This car I expect to run an 8.90 out of the box.
Interesting.

We can have a betting pool lol

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Look at past history of all the "last chance, limited edition" stuff that wasn't actually last chance nor limited edition.

2008 SRT Challenger limited only year Hemi Orange. 2009 upgraded car and yep Hemi Orange available. Tanked the 2008 values.
2018 Demon -> 2019 Redeye (pretty much the same), then comes the Superstock.
2021 Durango Hellcat last call get it while they last, whoops just kidding here they are for 2023.

I could go on.
All about the money. If they could kill children to sell cars theyd do it. Last.page.of owners manual says "thanks, suckers"

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Depending on what happens it wouldn't surprise me if they're back with ICE V8s in 2 - 3 years bigger and badder than ever. Or, maybe they go completely out of business. Time will tell.
I see where youre coming from, but with dodge not american owned anymore, i really do not see them going back. Just the cost of the battery plants and EV tooling alone makes it a flirtation w bankruptcy to even think about.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I expect the latter. Too much too suddenly. Like they are trying to do 10 years transition in 2. Sometimes upper management thinks they could simply speak it, and it will happen. Anyone who doesn't pull the corporate line gets replaced. Recipe for disaster.

I'm still wondering who is building this thing? They disbanded the SRT team a year ago. Lemmie take a guess at the conversation:

Stellantis:: Make it 1000hp.

SRT: "if you do. it'll blow up".

Stellantis: "Are you telling me I don't know what I am doing!!! You are reassigned, second string, take over."

Second String: "Yes Sir!"

The rest is history in the making.
I kinda wondered bout the makeup of the SRT team as well...this could be the biggest undertaking performance wise of the Dodge brand as we know it...yet the SRT team ranks ..are not the same group that brought us the HC/RE/Demon...:unsure::unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
All about the money. If they could kill children to sell cars theyd do it. Last.page.of owners manual says "thanks, suckers"
It's always about the money...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Depending on what happens it wouldn't surprise me if they're back with ICE V8s in 2 - 3 years bigger and badder than ever. Or, maybe they go completely out of business. Time will tell.

If they come back after a bit with a new "Not-HEMI" V8 that eclipses the Hellcat powerplant, they are seriously going to piss off a bunch of people...

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes, but not me. I have had a lifelong love affair and fascination with the Hemi since the first time I was next to one fired up on nitromethane in 1985. I just want it to live on, that's all. G3 makes plenty of power for a street musclecar.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I see where youre coming from, but with dodge not american owned anymore, i really do not see them going back. Just the cost of the battery plants and EV tooling alone makes it a flirtation w bankruptcy to even think about.
As much as it pains me to say, if they go tits up, it will be a well-deserved suicide for the asshats in charge. Now let's keep hoping and supporting the aftermarket so we can have parts for our beloved modern HEMI Mopars for a long time to come.

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
If they can sell enough electric cars and hybrids, they most certainly could bring back a high performance V8.

But Dodge has never really been given a budget to work with. What was their last "new" car? Dart?

Even the 5th generation Viper had about 3 dollars in the budget to make the car.

Ford is expecting their Lightning sales to more than cover the fleet MPG for the entire F150 lineup. Its a math game and for some reason Dodge couldn't figure it out. This is why the Hellcat and Hemis are dead and Ford is bringing a new 500hp 5.0 to market in 2024.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
How do you think those battery plants are being funded? That gazillion dollar Infrastructure (not really infrastructure) bill that passed. That's why all these companies jumped on that band wagon. Once the gubment money runs out that's when things will get interesting. Didn't Tesla have heavy gubment subsidies? Not looking so good now.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
How do you think those battery plants are being funded? That gazillion dollar Infrastructure (not really infrastructure) bill that passed. That's why all these companies jumped on that band wagon. Once the gubment money runs out that's when things will get interesting. Didn't Tesla have heavy gubment subsidies? Not looking so good now.
The disposal of the batteries and the plan for that is what I want to see if we are talking about being green

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Has nothing to do with being green other than green money.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Remember CFL's?

They banned incandescents to force us into 'saving the planet!' by switching over to CFL's.

Now we have LED's and if not already, they'll be banning CFL's because they are, drum roll ... "hazardous waste". :unsure:

These current and upcoming EV's are still in the CFL like era. It won't be long until they need to retool yet again for the next tech getting us closer to the better LED like era. Who's going to be left standing for that?

A wee bit premature to be discontinuing Hemi's in one form or another just yet, even if they have to add stupid shit to get the CAFE numbers up for them. But I'm afraid we might have to settle for the TT i6.

They're sure to be back with something when the EV market fizzles out for them and I'm pretty sure Dodge already has that contingency plan already prepared.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
If they can sell enough electric cars and hybrids, they most certainly could bring back a high performance V8.

But Dodge has never really been given a budget to work with. What was their last "new" car? Dart?

Even the 5th generation Viper had about 3 dollars in the budget to make the car.

Ford is expecting their Lightning sales to more than cover the fleet MPG for the entire F150 lineup. Its a math game and for some reason Dodge couldn't figure it out. This is why the Hellcat and Hemis are dead and Ford is bringing a new 500hp 5.0 to market in 2024.
Hornet?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Remember CFL's?

They banned incandescents to force us into 'saving the planet!' by switching over to CFL's.

Now we have LED's and if not already, they'll be banning CFL's because they are, drum roll ... "hazardous waste". :unsure:

These current and upcoming EV's are still in the CFL like era. It won't be long until they need to retool yet again for the next tech getting us closer to the better LED like era. Who's going to be left standing for that?

A wee bit premature to be discontinuing Hemi's in one form or another just yet, even if they have to add stupid shit to get the CAFE numbers up for them. But I'm afraid we might have to settle for the TT i6.

They're sure to be back with something when the EV market fizzles out for them and I'm pretty sure Dodge already has that contingency plan already prepared.

And all to save ~1% of a typical household's power consumption...

(36kwh or so out of 1200-1500kwh)

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sorta on topic. Whatever happen to Mr. "I hate Dodge" Donutz?

Pretty much fell off the face of the earth....
Heeeeeey now, look who showed up at Mecum to enlighten us on the Black Ghost and earn his lofty compensation... :rolleyes:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think that is part of it.
But is it enough? Plus, what the hell else do they have to sell?