Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

FS '23 Durango Hellcat

Trader history for Jimmy N. (0)

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #61
Use Bluetooth and something like pandora. This way you are listening to your choice of music 98% of the time.
You have 2 choices for the Volume. This ain't rocket science folks!!
Then I'd have to get a "smart" phone, which if also used as a cell phone might last me a day or two. Maybe.
My current Kyocera Dura XE has stayed functional for almost a year now, which is a record.

And the volume knob in the Challenger works just fine, even with the performance pages on the dumb touch screen.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #62
Anybody want to buy a '22 Audi Q5 with 820 miles on it (only driven five times)? If not, it'll get traded in on the Durango.
By the way, the Audi didn't get traded in. They offered some $6K below KKB trade-in value.

In other words, here's your chance to get a different white station wagon, and at less than 40% of the cost of the Durango. It gets twice the mileage, too, but has noticeably less power.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #63
Use Bluetooth and something like pandora. This way you are listening to your choice of music 98% of the time.
Come to think of it, using a cell phone as the source for music would be an excellent way of finding out just how many stretches of roads around here has no cell service.

On the other hand, satellite (Sirius) doesn't work in tunnels or parking garages, neither of which we have anywhere near here.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Come to think of it, using a cell phone as the source for music would be an excellent way of finding out just how many stretches of roads around here has no cell service.

On the other hand, satellite (Sirius) doesn't work in tunnels or parking garages, neither of which we have anywhere near here.
Dumped Sirius along time ago.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #65
Dumped Sirius along time ago.
Sirius is five or six bucks per month, and works. A separate cell plan and a smart phone (the latter a one time cost) would probably be 10 times as much per month.

Sirius works, cell signals not so much. Hmm, which one should I go with?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Sirius is five or six bucks per month, and works. A separate cell plan and a smart phone (the latter a one time cost) would probably be 10 times as much per month.

We use pandora. You can setup your own playlist.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

My wife insists on Sirius for her DSRT, but I refuse to pay anymore than the original $72/yr that we got on "special", so every year I have to call, feign like I'm going to cancel, argue about the price, feign some more, threaten to leave, and then they give me the original $72/year...

What we won't do for our wives... :rolleyes:

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #68
We use pandora. You can setup your own playlist.
Okay. But can I also get my own cell service somehow, or should I look into getting a satellite phone?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Okay. But can I also get my own cell service somehow, or should I look into getting a satellite phone?
Nothing I can do about that

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #70
Love it when things (finally) work out as they should.

Bought a new Challenger GT AWD, wanted to trade in the '22 Audi Q5 with 891 miles on it. The dealer didn't offer much so I sold it to Carvana for almost $1,000 more, risking losing the tax credit in the process. At this point it'd be about a $630 loss if I didn't trade it in on the Durango.

Of course, the dealer had insisted on paying taxes and fees on the Challenger, about $1,650 I think, and sent a check with the paperwork to the MVD. To the wrong address, but it was found the next day.

Today I presented the paperwork for the sold Audi which made my registration cost $336.36, including a small fee for the Patriot Plate. So I paid for the registration myself, the lady at the MVD will call the dealer, and at some point I should get a check for some $1,650.

Now it matters a bit less if the Durango never shows up, and I'm even more against dealers insisting on doing the registration for me. Life is so much simpler when getting the car and the MSO, then doing things myself.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Love it when things (finally) work out as they should.

Bought a new Challenger GT AWD, wanted to trade in the '22 Audi Q5 with 891 miles on it. The dealer didn't offer much so I sold it to Carvana for almost $1,000 more, risking losing the tax credit in the process. At this point it'd be about a $630 loss if I didn't trade it in on the Durango.

Of course, the dealer had insisted on paying taxes and fees on the Challenger, about $1,650 I think, and sent a check with the paperwork to the MVD. To the wrong address, but it was found the next day.

Today I presented the paperwork for the sold Audi which made my registration cost $336.36, including a small fee for the Patriot Plate. So I paid for the registration myself, the lady at the MVD will call the dealer, and at some point I should get a check for some $1,650.

Now it matters a bit less if the Durango never shows up, and I'm even more against dealers insisting on doing the registration for me. Life is so much simpler when getting the car and the MSO, then doing things myself.
No Durango yet? When was it shipped?

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #72
No Durango yet? When was it shipped?
As far as I know it hasn't caught a train yet.

It's probably trying to beat the record that the '19 Redeye set, which took four months and eight days to make it to the dealer after it was built. The Durango went into production on 4-21 so it doesn't have to remain AWOL much longer to set a new record.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
As far as I know it hasn't caught a train yet.

It's probably trying to beat the record that the '19 Redeye set, which took four months and eight days to make it to the dealer after it was built. The Durango went into production on 4-21 so it doesn't have to remain AWOL much longer to set a new record.
What is the estimated shipping date?

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #74
The first estimated shipping date I have written down was 4-20. Obviously that couldn't happen since it wasn't built yet.

Then it was 5/25, followed by 5-28, and 6-21, but has been "ETA TBD" since. Maybe it likes the Bud yard so much it wants to remain there?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The first estimated shipping date I have written down was 4-20. Obviously that couldn't happen since it wasn't built yet.

Then it was 5/25, followed by 5-28, and 6-21, but has been "ETA TBD" since. Maybe it likes the Bud yard so much it wants to remain there?
Has it been built yet? What does tracking say?

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #76
Has it been built yet? What does tracking say?
Got the build sheet on 4-25, and the window sticker came up on 6-19, so it's definitely built.

I check that wonderful tracker (which is worse that calling, believe it or not. Not that I've tried calling since the Redeye fiasco) claims that it was built on 6-17, which is about right for that completely unreliable source of information.

Instead, I talk to the dealer every couple of weeks to find out what's going on in real life. But it's been about two weeks so I'll call later in the week. Maybe they've moved it to a different yard, or there might be some other newsworthy update.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Got the build sheet on 4-25, and the window sticker came up on 6-19, so it's definitely built.

I check that wonderful tracker (which is worse that calling, believe it or not. Not that I've tried calling since the Redeye fiasco) claims that it was built on 6-17, which is about right for that completely unreliable source of information.

Instead, I talk to the dealer every couple of weeks to find out what's going on in real life. But it's been about two weeks so I'll call later in the week. Maybe they've moved it to a different yard, or there might be some other newsworthy update.
I would ask the dealer for a status code update. Similar to what I have here.
image (1).png

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #78
I would ask the dealer for a status code update. Similar to what I have here.
View attachment 111059
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. For example, it's been in KZLD since 6-19, in the Bud yard.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. For example, it's been in KZLD since 6-19, in the Bud yard.
Crap

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #80
Well, there's been no rush with this car.

For example, it wasn't ordered until 11-29-22. Went into C the following day, but then things slowed down a bit.