Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 season over same pb as last year.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well climate change can suck it.
Last year the fall was crap. I had literally 2 chances for a good run on the same day. Spring 2023 sucked as a few of the members here came to the track in mid April and the weather already had warmed up. I don't deal well with hot weather so only got out a few times this year. Probably less than a dozen times due to heat and or rain.
This weekend Sunday finally had cool weather with decent baro. So after chasing a vibration issue on Saturday.
Which turned out to be something went wrong with the balance beads in one tire.
So I put on my old RaceStars with 3 year old EtR's and went to the track Sunday morning. First pass with the trans still not warm enough for my liking I ran a 10.12. Then as usual come around for a hot lap that usually is quicker. Nope, spun at the line. Parked for 20min and try again. Result a 10.064 which is exactly my pb from last year on the same date.
A couple more tire spinning attempts.
Finally a 10.068. Last year I had the so called record for stock boost on pump gas. I had to find .005 to tie with BMason.
It was not to be as it warmed up and baro dropped. There were a bunch of street tired cars running in the prepped lane so finding traction wasn't easy.
In the afternoon about midway down the track I could feel the back drifting to the left. That run was a 10.08. Crap
Nest pass it spun and just driving down the track the back kicked out on the 2-3shift at half throttle maybe. So come down return road and right onto the trailer.
It's going to be cold all week and I don't have any race gas or octane booster to use as a fuel insurance as our winter blend is terrible here anyways. So I'm done for the year.
Like some others, we will see if I'm done with the car. LOL
Here is the slip from yesterday and last year's. Hopefully spring will be more normal and I get more than 1 day of good weather.
Screenshot_20231029_105514_Racing Slips.jpg Screenshot_20231030_144627_Gallery.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Sucks you didn't better your time but at least you had a chance. We had 7 tnt in spring and 5 were rained out. The other 2 da wasn't great. We lost all 5 tnt this fall because of rain. Worst year by far to go to the track. I only went twice and 1 was in july

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
There's lots of car stuff that I didn't get done this year, and I don't even have weather to blame it on.

HPR will have to wait until next year I guess.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
At least you guys are getting TNT days. Last one my track had was back in September. Next is November 11 with one last one on November 18 and that's it until March.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I went faster and broke everything, I think you did just fine.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I already told you that you know what this means :ROFLMAO:

Time for upgrades!

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
Sucks you didn't better your time but at least you had a chance. We had 7 tnt in spring and 5 were rained out. The other 2 da wasn't great. We lost all 5 tnt this fall because of rain. Worst year by far to go to the track. I only went twice and 1 was in july
The weather sucked this year. I got out in the spring but it was already warm. Then we had a bunch of rain followed by hotter than the surface of the sun Temps.
I got out for a Club meat at the track and ran in about the highest da we get. I didn't get out much this year and this day was the only day with good da. The owners went to Maryland so the track closed. I'm done until spring, sadly.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
At least you guys are getting TNT days. Last one my track had was back in September. Next is November 11 with one last one on November 18 and that's it until March.
The last couple of years we ran into late November. Not this year sadly.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
I went faster and broke everything, I think you did just fine.
My fears for adding power are the braking stuff chances.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
I already told you that you know what this means :ROFLMAO:

Time for upgrades!
You did but my junk is reliable and consistent. I have stuff for upgrades but I have personal goals to get before I screw up the car. LOL