Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Yes or No to PDI?

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
If getting the car delivered to your home, would you say yes to PDI or no? I would really like them to inspect the car for physical and mechanical damages but not to comfortable with another person potentially joyriding my new car.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
If getting the car delivered to your home, would you say yes to PDI or no? I would really like them to inspect the car for physical and mechanical damages but not to comfortable with another person potentially joyriding my new car.
A BIG NO

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #3

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
What if there is any sort of damage, say a scuff on a bumper or a wheel ? Any suggestions
My Big no meant no driving her and yes she should be PDI and typically the dealer will have in the windshield and or even tell them to put in the windshield. SOLD ORDER NO TEST DRIVE PDI ONLY.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My Big no meant no driving her and yes she should be PDI and typically the dealer will have in the windshield and or even tell them to put in the windshield. SOLD ORDER NO TEST DRIVE PDI ONLY.
I worked at a Dodge dealer in college for a short period of time.

Part of the PDI was driving the car, so you'd definitely just have to tell them not to drive it. Or take you with haha.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #6
I worked at a Dodge dealer in college for a short period of time.

Part of the PDI was driving the car, so you'd definitely just have to tell them not to drive it. Or take you with haha.
That’s what I thought too, they drive the vehicle to make sure there are no mechanical issues as part of the pdi

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
When I purchased my first 2016 Hellcat in the fall of 2015 at that time the dealers were not allowing the techs to drive customer ordered cars. Keep in mind these cars have already been driven to a degree. They have to move these cars around to get them on trains and trucks and possible storage lots. And in all reality the PDI is part of the dealer acknowledging with the manufacturer the car has been received and is accepted. I would not get caught up in a tech had to drive the car to see if it drives correctly. The vehicle is some what tested at The factory for release to ship. If you feel better than let them drive the car but for what besides the tech to tell you she runs good. Which can’t see a tech being much more aware than you driving a car and if something ain’t right I think you will know as well. When I took delivery of my first Hellcat it had 2 miles on it and I am personal friends with the Tech at the dealership and he told me he was instructed not to drive my car.
9E20CC63-19AE-4B97-9E38-1FDF62AFDF21.jpeg 07B53252-0B5F-4A04-B98D-60D2E685E66D.jpeg 720EA256-3E49-4884-929F-7F626EFB560E.jpeg 6453590A-213B-4E2B-85D7-64E3AE5FF3B7.jpeg AE326147-899F-4BA8-AA8D-34C231A187DB.jpeg

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #8
When I purchased my first 2016 Hellcat in the fall of 2015 at that time the dealers were not allowing the techs to drive customer ordered cars. Keep in mind these cars have already been driven to a degree. They have to move these cars around to get them on trains and trucks and possible storage lots. And in all reality the PDI is part of the dealer acknowledging with the manufacturer the car has been received and is accepted. I would not get caught up in a tech had to drive the car to see if it drives correctly. The vehicle is some what tested at The factory for release to ship. If you feel better than let them drive the car but for what besides the tech to tell you she runs good. Which can’t see a tech being much more aware than you driving a car and if something ain’t right I think you will know as well. When I took delivery of my first Hellcat it had 2 miles on it and I am personal friends with the Tech at the dealership and he told me he was instructed not to drive my car.
View attachment 22926 View attachment 22927 View attachment 22928 View attachment 22929 View attachment 22930
If I’m getting my cat trailer delivered to my home. Would you recommend pdi take the pink shipping guard on the front lip or leave it on, in fear of damaging it upon transportation? I see yours was left on.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Definitely leave it on.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
One thing for sure check the tire pressures once you get it delivered. The dealers never get this right sine the factory put 45 plus psi in tires.. They over inflate them thinking the car could sit for a long time and would rather have more air than less. And yeah yours is special ordered but the tires and wheels are al mounted to go to many Hellcats not just yours specifically.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #11
One thing for sure check the tire pressures once you get it delivered. The dealers never get this right sine the factory put 45 plus psi in tires.. They over inflate them thinking the car could sit for a long time and would rather have more air than less. And yeah yours is special ordered but the tires and wheels are al mounted to go to many Hellcats not just yours specifically.
Thank you as always for the helpful advice

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
The dealer tossed my guards in the trunk without my asking. I binned them when it was delivered to the house before realizing folks will pay for them. If it's being trailered to you, privately, know who is doing it; check them out. Have the vehicle photographed extensively before and after it goes on the trailed and inspect it when it gets to your place. My transporters were a retired couple who did this on the side as part of their travellling around the country. Car came 400+ miles over night, open 24 foot flat bed with a shield up front. Whole flat bed operated like a flat bed tow truck, fully hydraulic so no chance of splitter rub or damage. My experience was perfect. Though I did drop ship the dealer a G-meter to put in the car so I could tell if it had been moved or driven off the trailer at any time. Very reasonable price too. Recommended that carrier to others here who asked.