Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What was electronically delivered?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #21
Bump...has any other Redeye or Hellcat seen these screens yet that I originally posted?

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Bump...has any other Redeye or Hellcat seen these screens yet that I originally posted?
2019 REWB here, stock.

Update installed last week. Went out yesterday for about an hour of driving. Car behaved normally...nice, deep pops during deceleration, no shift issue as others have described, etc. Felt strong.

Tried to activate Perf Pages multiple times throughout the hour...error message each time. Wanted to see the new pages you described and look for any other changes...dammit.

Will go out again today and hoping the error message is gone.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
I'll have to look at mine but I can't see whats different about the timer page?

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Couple of hard pulls didn’t experience the classic hiccup. It wasn’t an extremely long drive to pick up dinner, so I wouldn’t bet on its a solid fix just yet. Fingers crossed it will be resolved. More evaluation when I get back out.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #25
2019 REWB here, stock.

Update installed last week. Went out yesterday for about an hour of driving. Car behaved normally...nice, deep pops during deceleration, no shift issue as others have described, etc. Felt strong.

Tried to activate Perf Pages multiple times throughout the hour...error message each time. Wanted to see the new pages you described and look for any other changes...dammit.

Will go out again today and hoping the error message is gone.
Interesting. Maybe I noticed one unusual long load the other day.

Couple of hard pulls didn’t experience the classic hiccup. It wasn’t an extremely long drive to pick up dinner, so I wouldn’t bet on its a solid fix just yet. Fingers crossed it will be resolved. More evaluation when I get back out.
Also interesting and gives some hope.

Can they blow thru a PCM update like that? Not just the performance page stuff?

FYI everyone on that data screen, apparently if we do not hit the SAVE button it will not log the data even in “recent”.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
That micro second pause between shifts where it seems like all life is lost followed by an immediate pickup in power again.
Other here have called it a Hiccup. My guess it pulls fuel and spark to protect against over rev. A few on the site have elaborated, and done detailed analysis on just this very issue

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #27
Other here have called it a Hiccup. My guess it pulls fuel and spark to protect against over rev. A few on the site have elaborated, and done detailed analysis on just this very issue
Oh I know, someone wanted a “description” of what it feels like. My former engine had a short track day early this year and about every 1:15 in the same spot the exact same fall on your face event was occurring. Up at BIR it was not predictable but would do it too. That last day before mine blew up, I forced each and every shift at Road America and ran the hell out of it. When I heard/seen it get near 6000 rpm, I was micro lifting allowing it to begin the process of shifting and slamming it back down. The next day the supercharger ate itself. This one don’t do that crap or I’ll work on blowing it up also.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
My screen looks the same, has done from when I got it.

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
No (2019 Redeye here)
My bigger question is that "Drag Mode"
I dont have that. I have Track, sport, auto Custom.

When did drag mode appear?
Does it allow the chiller to operate in custom mode now?
I wonder what it does?

Can you post the software version please? you can just shoot a picture of it.
Thanks

Sean

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30
No (2019 Redeye here)

I wonder what it does?

Thanks

Sean
Amazing, finally you are the first to ask. It is v.190416.0

My ‘19 Redeye built in December 2018 did not have this version. It looked like the timers from my ‘15 Hellcat.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
No (2019 Redeye here)

I wonder what it does?

Thanks

Sean
There is not a Drag Mode. The modes remained the same. I also looked to see if they inserted an Easter Egg to turn on the chiller like we can switch on the pit cooler and the launch control. Not there. The performance modes remain Track, Sport, Custom and Default/street. I believe when starting the screen that comes up to acknowledge safety, does have a new button in the center to press and it will flip into Custom Mode from there also. I am not 100% sure it worked like that before.

It did erase the four “widgets” or gauges I had on the Home screen, I also had to reassign those. That was my first hint something changed because I use that display for coolant temp, IC coolant temp, Oil temp, oil pressure.

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
Amazing, finally you are the first to ask. It is v.190416.0

My ‘19 Redeye built in December 2018 did not have this version. It looked like the timers from my ‘15 Hellcat.

Thank you very much!

Sean

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
My screen looks the same, has done from when I got it.
Does yours look like this? Or the new look I received?
71D859CA-2718-4B97-AD11-C3FE18A2451E.jpeg

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
I think like the screens in the first post? I only took photo of the acceleration/braking one so's not to embarrass myself by showing poor 1/4mile time :ROFLMAO:

IMG_3926.jpeg

Last edited:

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
I've just thought, I think my dealer normally gets the supplying dealer to flash them incase of any updates/recalls before they get shipped, left Canada May 2020 or a tad later.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
I think like the screens in the first post? I only took photo of the acceleration/braking one so's not to embarrass myself by showing poor 1/4mile time :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 50485
That is my “new” version. You already have it. Strange that mine had the old style until last week.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I just did my uconnect update, will check on this stuff the next time I drive.

I am just hitting 2 years and 14k miles ownership and my car is running stronger than ever. I don't have many shift hiccups now but I also know how to drive the car to minimize it.

I was just at the drag strip on Friday night running just 1 tenth and 1 mph behind my personal best without any race-prepping and also in hot summer conditions. I am now on bravados and 305/45R8 ET street R's versus OEM rims 275/40R20 ET Street S/S. I was only 1.6 60-footing this time and I was doing high 1.5s on the old set up. I wasn't really going crazy, just having fun at test and tune.

My car was shifting really good in full Track mode in D just letting it shift itself. Like really clean, no hiccups at all. I used to race in custom mode so I could put the tranny in track but leave the suspension in street. I would always leave it in D but use manual sift mode(letting it shift itself at redline in every gear and it would hiccup) but in this mode you cannot run the interchiller. I may play around more here in the future using the custom mode with track trans mode left in D and then switch it over to track mode on the return road and in the staging lanes, then just bump it over to custom when I make my pass.

One thing that is cool is these cars hold their operating temperatures of almost everything rock steady pass after pass. I'm having fun with this car getting back on the track, I didn't get to race for over a year, went out to one big event in June and picked up a nail in my drag radial(!) and now finally have tires again for it! :)

Good luck @DGatzby with your shoulder repair, they will have you fixed up in no time!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
I just did my uconnect update, will check on this stuff the next time I drive.

I am just hitting 2 years and 14k miles ownership and my car is running stronger than ever. I don't have many shift hiccups now but I also know how to drive the car to minimize it.

I was just at the drag strip on Friday night running just 1 tenth and 1 mph behind my personal best without any race-prepping and also in hot summer conditions. I am now on bravados and 305/45R8 ET street R's versus OEM rims 275/40R20 ET Street S/S. I was only 1.6 60-footing this time and I was doing high 1.5s on the old set up. I wasn't really going crazy, just having fun at test and tune.

My car was shifting really good in full Track mode in D just letting it shift itself. Like really clean, no hiccups at all. I used to race in custom mode so I could put the tranny in track but leave the suspension in street. I would always leave it in D but use manual sift mode(letting it shift itself at redline in every gear and it would hiccup) but in this mode you cannot run the interchiller. I may play around more here in the future using the custom mode with track trans mode left in D and then switch it over to track mode on the return road and in the staging lanes, then just bump it over to custom when I make my pass.

One thing that is cool is these cars hold their operating temperatures of almost everything rock steady pass after pass. I'm having fun with this car getting back on the track, I didn't get to race for over a year, went out to one big event in June and picked up a nail in my drag radial(!) and now finally have tires again for it! :)

Good luck @DGatzby with your shoulder repair, they will have you fixed up in no time!
Maybe my first unit had the converter scrambled for a long time and now I have a normal running unit? Could be, can’t wait until next spring, and I hope for a cool day;)

Thanks, Eric, Thursday starts a real PIA, but yes, I’ll finally get this arm fixed and working again. Could even help those lap times. Hope you get the new screens, those look well thought out.