Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What vehicle do you absolutely love, but will never buy?

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Not talking about cost & affordability. For example I will never own a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. Clearly they are decent cars, they sell a bazillion of them a year, and I have friends that own them. I've riden in them. Nice, but no, I would never buy.

More specific is performance. New 2020 Ford Raptors are in the same price realm as the Durango SRT. $70k-ish. I love the Raptor. Again, have friends that own them. I have driven them. No bias on Ford, I owned a Lightning. I own a GT350, it's the closest you can get to a Baha Trophy truck from a manufacturer. But no, I would never buy one.

Anybody else go down this path?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Not getting the premise of this thread, honestly. If you "absolutely love" a car and can afford it, you would or will buy it. The examples you gave of Camry and Toyota means they are competent cars , but you do not absolutely love them. If there's no bias toward Ford (Which I definitely have. LOL) I don't even get the second example. If it's something like a space issue, impracticality (I.e. something silly like; l like I fire engines but I'd never get one) or something like that, I get it but it doesn't pertain to the question. NOT trying to be combative, I'm seriously saying I personally don't get it.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Ford GT

2017-ford-gt-mecum-1.jpg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I always thought I wanted a Z06 Corvette but when my wife gave me the go ahead, I decided it really doesn’t fit me. There’s really no car out there that I’d rather have than my Charger.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
The new Corvette C8. Beautiful car, but after sitting in one at Barrett Jackson I’m just too damn tall.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Demon.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Not getting the premise of this thread, honestly. If you "absolutely love" a car and can afford it, you would or will buy it. The examples you gave of Camry and Toyota means they are competent cars , but you do not absolutely love them. If there's no bias toward Ford (Which I definitely have. LOL) I don't even get the second example. If it's something like a space issue, impracticality (I.e. something silly like; l like I fire engines but I'd never get one) or something like that, I get it but it doesn't pertain to the question. NOT trying to be combative, I'm seriously saying I personally don't get it.
I agree it usually comes down to money and space. My current four vehicles( 3 I own plus my employer provided work vehicle) and two car garage make for a crowded parking situation. I'm considering adding another but will literally be beyond my space limitations. That again boils down to money....I could potentially move to a different house with a better parking situation, but I like my house and bought it while the market was down so don't have any interest in spending more money for a different house. If funds and space were unlimited I still wouldn't buy a new GT500. Awesome car with huge performance, but don't like the transmission and there are options I like more.

OP
Purerock105

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Using "absolutely love" is maybe more akin to " really like". And then it's subjective to what you love or like. Styling. Performance. Ergonomics. Price. I have come accross many cars that I love or really like, but just not enough to purchase it. Now, it could be you owned or own a vehicle in that class already, so that purchase may be redundant.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
For me that's a bias issue. LOL With your stable it's a money issue. Be honest.

Absolutely, not only do I not have a MINIMUM of $1.5M, but if I did...

Well hell, I said the same thing about my current financial status, so who the hell knows...

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
1970 Plymouth Superbird. Simply because I’d never drive it.
FBB7110E-5326-4A76-A70F-D8481DFDC4FE.jpeg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It's pretty sad when I can't think of another vehicle I love, let alone really would want, that I don't already have.
Or maybe that's a good thing?

Admittedly, I am eyeballing a cheap Jeep J8, just because.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Porsche 911s and could buy one but won’t just like the BMW M series cars could buy them but won’t and Mercedes-AMG series cars could buy them but won’t. And for the record I cant say love to these cars but like them for what they are,

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Always wanted an Amphicar but will never buy one.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thanks, Old Mopar Guy, the Amphicar reminded me: I would love to have a Fiat 500 (a real one), but it won't happen.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Talks about kids, new investment opportunities, house projects is keeping me away. The year just started, who knows ;)

20200119_161322.jpg

OP
Purerock105

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
The "L" word is tricky here. I really like or love. Or maybe not enough to purchase. Or "need". 😂 I don't need a Durango SRT anymore than a Raptor. We're talking 2nd, 3rd, cars etc. Disposable income vehicles.

I really like the looks of the Kia Telluride SUV. But I doubt I'll ever own a Kia. That's bias.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Lamborghinis still have a hold on me.
Low, wide, fast, wild..and with panache.
I still have a love of the Diablo, but Screenshot_20200119-101411_DuckDuckGo.jpg yes affordability does rear its ugly head.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
And btw, the Diablo was released under Chrysler ownership...does that make it Mopar??

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I wouldn't say love, but really like and have a great appreciation for ZL1s, ZR1s, Z06s, C8s, GT350s, GT500s. Would I buy one? Defiantly not. If it doesn't start with Hell and end in Cat.. I don't want it