Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What good is a EV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #81
OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #82
Hope nobody blows up reading all of this which confirms how we are lied to all day every day.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
How many of you guys can extract and refine oil at your house? So, you’re 100% tied to big oil and the government to supply power to your vehicles - you don’t have a choice. How about a relatively affordable solar array on your roof or in your yard? Who is going to tell you how much sunlight you’re allowed? Wind? Water? Fire? All pretty sustainable and regularly available to people all around the world… and can be used to power an EV. The closest thing you can get for an ICE is a gasifier… which could also run a generator to charge an EV.

So once it’s established that making the EV blows for the environment - it doesn’t have to keep sucking for perpetuity… they can be and potentially are more sustainable than your ICE vehicle. Was there a sunshine shortage or wind shortage in the 70s which had people waiting in line for electricity? How about that oil change interval at least every 6 months… gonna pull that oil out of your ass? You’re married to big oil, you’re not married to engine noises and exhaust fumes.

The electrical grid is a convenience and not a necessity. Electricity is the easiest power that we can get our collective hands on… gasoline is not.

It takes environmental damage to create batteries… but it doesn’t take much (if any) to keep them charged after that. If the load on the grid then creates additional sources of energy opportunities (nuclear) then we would be in better shape than we started. As with the big oil companies not investing into gas because of the focus on EV, our grid doesn’t see the need for investment until it starts to feel some pressure. Most of us have never suffered a brownout or blackout so it’s not a huge problem today for everyone.

As for longevity, the first Tesla Roadsters hit the roads in 2008, did 0-60 in under 4 seconds… and only 1000 of them are believed to be off the road out of the 2500 produced. The simple fact that 1500 of them still have batteries that work well is probably better than any other manufacturer that produced so few vehicles and completed so many miles over the same period of time. Feel free to prove me wrong.

I attached a window sticker on a Platinum Lightning at Byers Ford in Ohio… only $60k markup. I’ll wait for the Cybertruck to outperform the Lightning in every capacity to drive down the cost of a well equipped Ford… and then go solar and battery at home. It’s a long term investment in energy independence… I don’t want to install an oil well or a refinery… I don’t think I have the mineral rights on my property anyway.

Attachments

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #84
Electricity is not easy and storing it after its production is the point. Because that sun don’t shine 24 hr/day. The wind don’t blow constantly.
So after those two sources are down, the politicians are not acknowledging any other alternatives yet.

Nuclear is not the apparent selection for the future production of power. I do agree, if there was more nuclear and spinning generators, then things could work. Without a better plan than we have now, the EV future will have certain problems. Forcing the issue is what lots of us do not appreciate.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
How did I know we were going to now talk $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

How about this?

https://www.sott.net/article/420049...ar-orbit-not-because-of-SUVs-and-fossil-fuels
Well... no shit.

Years ago, the idiots at the U.N. passed a unanimous vote claiming the sun does NOT have anything to do with Earth's climate.

A conspiracy is 2, or more people planning to defraud one, or more individuals, or institutions. The U.N. vote is a conspiracy, people.

Wake up!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Electricity is not easy and storing it after its production is the point. Because that sun don’t shine 24 hr/day. The wind don’t blow constantly.
So after those two sources are down, the politicians are not acknowledging any other alternatives yet.

Nuclear is not the apparent selection for the future production of power. I do agree, if there was more nuclear and spinning generators, then things could work. Without a better plan than we have now, the EV future will have certain problems. Forcing the issue is what lots of us do not appreciate.
I agree 100%, storage is the problem. But if the EV is the storage… we will have a surplus of storage available and we will then have a reason to invest in production. Ideally, cleaner production than today.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
How many of you guys can extract and refine oil at your house? So, you’re 100% tied to big oil and the government to supply power to your vehicles - you don’t have a choice. How about a relatively affordable solar array on your roof or in your yard? Who is going to tell you how much sunlight you’re allowed? Wind? Water? Fire? All pretty sustainable and regularly available to people all around the world… and can be used to power an EV. The closest thing you can get for an ICE is a gasifier… which could also run a generator to charge an EV.

I don’t want to install an oil well or a refinery… I don’t think I have the mineral rights on my property anyway.
Well (no pun intended) I could quite possibly dig up some oil with the stuff I already have, but refining it would have to be farmed out. Still, it's a well established a functioning setup, that evil fossil fuel.

Yes, I could put up solar panels as we have plenty of sun, but wind wouldn't work well here, except in the spring. Still wouldn't do me much good (even with the grid up and running perfectly - which it quite frequently isn't - and/or with panels) since we couldn't get to where we want to go and back with an EV.

Oh, and I do have mineral rights, and there is exploration in the 'hood. If it wasn't for the greenies, this could end up working out quite well for me. Again, no pun intended.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yep, just happened to have some footage of @Jimmy N. doin' a little prospectin' in the back 40

jed.gif

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I agree 100%, storage is the problem. But if the EV is the storage… we will have a surplus of storage available and we will then have a reason to invest in production. Ideally, cleaner production than today.
You're going to die from getting diabetes if you keep drink that KoolAid the Greenies are passing out. I'm trying to understand your logic. But BLAH BLAH BLAH about how great the EV's revolution is, really isn't sinking in ICE ICE BABY

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I didn’t know he was from Bug Tussle? CC is from there too!
uhhh..ya musta watched every episode to remember bug tussle..o_O

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
You're going to die from getting diabetes if you keep drink that KoolAid the Greenies are passing out. I'm trying to understand your logic. But BLAH BLAH BLAH about how great the EV's revolution is, really isn't sinking in ICE ICE BABY
Believe me, I’m not a greenie… but if the asshole in the white house won’t give us energy independence… then we need to take it.
Alternatively I could convert the car to CNG but for those of you with range anxiety… that wouldn’t work either.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
How did I know we were going to now talk $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

How about this?

https://www.sott.net/article/420049...ar-orbit-not-because-of-SUVs-and-fossil-fuels
To deny climate change is foolish. Why? The climate has ALWAYS changed. I only dispute the role of carbon. CO2 is pollution?

Why did the climate change long before the Industrial Revolution?

Why CO2 levels were so high during the Dinosaurs?

Waiting for an explanation....

Junk science pushed for resource allocation control.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Nope. That car came that way from the factory.

They had a yellow one that had the hood blacked out too. They had a red one, but don't remember if the hood was blacked out on that one.
All 3 colors were painted the same. I still have all of my A/FX cars and tracks. I have a Daytona but don't remember which color. I think I had a blue and yellow maybe still do. I will have to look next time I'm at my Dads house

1661335813924.png

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Shared elsewhere but I had to show it here. ROFLMAO
B7E41127-2D42-4C9A-AD9B-F59EDE7043A6.jpeg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Just saw this popped up on YT

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
at least the battery disposal fee of a buck and a half was a steal LMFAO

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Shared elsewhere but I had to show it here. ROFLMAO
View attachment 80037
OMFG...30gs to fix an eveready roller skate...oh yeah ...you EV guys got it goin on...maybe...just maybe..this is the cure for stupid we've been lookin for...:oops::oops::oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.