Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What good is a EV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Hole left after mining for 3 EV batteries & a diamond ring

Mining equipment was all green energy
Not 1 animal was harmed

1677255304105.png

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
That's one HELLUVA asteroid hit.
That would sure F up the climate

Even more then a cow fart

FJT

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Dang. Even I can get that with the TRX.

Maybe you need to buy an EV, to save tons of money, the planet, and China? All you really have to lose is your dignity.
Then again, you used to have a Furd Raptor so there may not be any left to lose.
You’re getting 14mpg’s in the TRX? You’re doing it wrong!

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You’re getting 14mpg’s in the TRX? You’re doing it wrong!
I know I am. Basically, I'm generally keeping it below 100 mph...largely because I want to reserve those last available 18 mph for when passing slower traffic.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
@Boris and @Jimmy N. this is hand calculate fuel economy in the TRX on two different road trips. I’ll take this over an EV all day!
5D2DFF5D-4F00-4A8A-A937-733B4EB74171.jpeg 05A7BE9C-2D2F-4DD0-9E60-1040926FB316.jpeg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yep, hand calculated is what I do, too. Never have trusted those Lie-O-Meters in anything I drive.

What I don't keep track of is the cost of the fuel. That part I can't do anything about, so...

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Yep, hand calculated is what I do, too. Never have trusted those Lie-O-Meters in anything I drive.

What I don't keep track of is the cost of the fuel. That part I can't do anything about, so...
It's not much different than checking the MPG. just remember when you track it the CPM is on the following tank calculations. Years ago when I was tracking the CPM I had bought some cheap gas and I was amazed at how much the CPM increased on that single tank of gas. Add a column for the place of purchase, the cost per gallon the brand and octane. Ethanol content Too

Put it on a spread sheet and it's easy peasy. build the formulas for the cell calculations and it'll make your life easy

Last edited:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
:sneaky:

1677340863638.png

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If I worried about cost per mile I'd have to sell most of my vehicles.

Instead, the reason I even keep track of the mpg is to see if it matches the usage for that tank, or if something might be wrong with the vehicle.

Also, whether it's good mileage or a large fuel tank, I'm in favor of whichever one helps me having to stop less often.
Except that vehicles that get good mileage are often boring.

In many ways, the Peterbilt I recently sold was ideal. It was great fun to drive (completely void of nannies), and while it didn't get great mileage by any means, there was enough fuel capacity to go some 2,000 miles.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
CPM isn't so much to do about economy but more an indication of the quality of fuel you are purchasing. Why would anyone want to buy fuel that didn't give you maximum performance?

It also depends on your driving habits.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
For something like the 'Cat, which so far haven't strayed more than maybe 200 miles from home, there really aren't many choices for what fuel it gets.

Basically, 91 octane and from a station that has more than three customers per day is about as good as it gets.

virginiahellcat

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Paramedic
Member ID
Reactions
City
purcellville
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Charger
I have a 21' Tesla Plaid AND a 1,300hp Hellcat. I like the Plaid better honestly. Hardly anything can beat it on the street, simple to plug in and charge, no mess.

virginiahellcat

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Paramedic
Member ID
Reactions
City
purcellville
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Charger
lol downvotes a comment on EVs. Nice.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
A microwave can cook a hamburger WAY faster than a charcoal/gas/or whatever fueled grille of choice...that doesn't make it better...

virginiahellcat

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Paramedic
Member ID
Reactions
City
purcellville
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Charger
Did no one read my post .. I still own a Hellcat. Faster than most at that lol.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #298
lol downvotes a comment on EVs. Nice.
New guy. Probably the same as others from VA, just a new name. You don’t like disagreement, too bad, typical.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats @virginiahellcat! You may NOT have the fastest Hellcat here no matter the shit you talk (complete with NO pictures, dyno sheets, time slips or videos...but whose saying you're full of shit...), but you went from ZERO-step on your dick until it's flat as pancake in what may be a forum record! Between your cringe-worthy LOOK AT ME introduction post to your nearly contemporaneous EV cheerleading in this thread and your self admitted butthurt to a worthy thumbs down (which I'll encourage ANYONE who disagrees with ANYONE to do if it suits them), you've set another, albeit personal, record...add to ignore list. You can likewise fuck the fuck off to wherever you fucked on from and race your fellow Tesla Plaid owners in the world's most boring hair dryer drag races...

I haven't been here long myself (which reminds me of my [first] 6-month oil change which I need to do) but the number of moles/infiltrators/agent provocateurs here in this thread and the forum in general seems to be increasing on a nearly daily basis. The ignore list is a great way to make them and other resident fuckwits invisible and keep this place a fun one to spend some time on...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Congrats @virginiahellcat! You may NOT have the fastest Hellcat here no matter the shit you talk (complete with NO pictures, dyno sheets, time slips or videos...but whose saying you're full of shit...), but you went from ZERO-step on your dick until it's flat as pancake in what may be a forum record! Between your cringe-worthy LOOK AT ME introduction post to your nearly contemporaneous EV cheerleading in this thread and your self admitted butthurt to a worthy thumbs down (which I'll encourage ANYONE who disagrees with ANYONE to do if it suits them), you've set another, albeit personal, record...add to ignore list. You can likewise fuck the fuck off to wherever you fucked on from and race your fellow Tesla Plaid owners in the world's most boring hair dryer drag races...

I haven't been here long myself (which reminds me of my [first] 6-month oil change which I need to do) but the number of moles/infiltrators/agent provocateurs here in this thread and the forum in general seems to be increasing on a nearly daily basis. The ignore list is a great way to make them and other resident fuckwits invisible and keep this place a fun one to spend some time on...
Can you read this?

Status
Not open for further replies.