Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What good is a EV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member ID
Reactions
City
Erie
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat
Never did get to the subject of this thread. Bullshit talking about some dude in the middle of a field in Colorado that has a field of solar cells.

Remember the story about attempting to take one on the road and they spent more time over four days attempting to charge one than sleeping? Remember when the green ones caused the price of natural gas to get over $9 last year? And gas over $5 on the average?
What was the subject of the thread again? It reads as a discussion about EVs, but clearly you're only interested in making fun of them and not an actual discussion. You're also clearly misunderstanding gas and natural gas pricing, but that's a debate for another day.

What is all this MPG talk? It's a known fact that the Cost per Mile of an EV is more than that of an ICE vehicle.
Not accurate. Again, seemingly looking at only one side of the equation. This is a very nuanced question that really depends on the specific vehicles being compared. Here's an article that takes an in-depth look. There are many ways it can be calculated, but it's far from conclusive. https://www.caranddriver.com/shopping-advice/a32494027/ev-vs-gas-cheaper-to-own/

Also, was using 15mpg as an average for a Hellcat. Nobody gets 22-24 overall in one. Certainly nobody who uses the red key and actually has fun with it.

To those questions on whether I still have a Hellcat. Yes, still have the '21 and have a '23 REWB on order. Very stoked for when it finally shows up! It's funny how people can't seem to handle a muscle car owner who likes EVs. Someone having different opinions doesn't make them a troll. lol.

Some of you have made good points and others good jokes. The "unicorn farts" was funny, even if I don't agree with you.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
You guys are no fun. When can we begin talking about the batteries a certain residential solar power system are using? Oh, unless they just charge off the inverter when the sun shines? Disappointed here. I was so hopeful of some more troll conversations.

Never did get to the subject of this thread. Bullshit talking about some dude in the middle of a field in Colorado that has a field of solar cells.

Remember the story about attempting to take one on the road and they spent more time over four days attempting to charge one than sleeping? Remember when the green ones caused the price of natural gas to get over $9 last year? And gas over $5 on the average? All good until they found out batteries are from China, and they blew out the power grid in California in September when they told them to put the electric cars away because they could not import enough electricity?:unsure:

I do! My utility bill for heating this joint in Dec-Jan was over $600!
Ummm... this is an EV thread.

No. 1 rule: feelings, not facts.

Sent from my SM-G666 using Tapatalk

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
What was the subject of the thread again? It reads as a discussion about EVs, but clearly you're only interested in making fun of them and not an actual discussion. You're also clearly misunderstanding gas and natural gas pricing, but that's a debate for another day.

Not accurate. Again, seemingly looking at only one side of the equation. This is a very nuanced question that really depends on the specific vehicles being compared. Here's an article that takes an in-depth look. There are many ways it can be calculated, but it's far from conclusive. https://www.caranddriver.com/shopping-advice/a32494027/ev-vs-gas-cheaper-to-own/

Also, was using 15mpg as an average for a Hellcat. Nobody gets 22-24 overall in one. Certainly nobody who uses the red key and actually has fun with it.

To those questions on whether I still have a Hellcat. Yes, still have the '21 and have a '23 REWB on order. Very stoked for when it finally shows up! It's funny how people can't seem to handle a muscle car owner who likes EVs. Someone having different opinions doesn't make them a troll. lol.

Some of you have made good points and others good jokes. The "unicorn farts" was funny, even if I don't agree with you.
I've read the similar reports on the cost to charge the EV's at fast chargers and the rate per KWH is significantly higher than when you charge them at home. Only 80% of the KWH that you purchase equates to the storage in the battery. That is where the Cost per Mile is higher than an Ice vehicle. To fully charge your battery at home on 110 VAC it'll take days to reach full charge. Do you suffer from range anxiety when you stop at a charger that isn't working ? As the battery degrades have you calculated in the cost to replace that $15,000 battery in the Cost per Mile? If you put in solar to generate your electricity. What is the average per KWH factoring in the cost of the solar panels without any subsidies? Yet again you are taking advantage of other taxpayers money to satisfy your own needs. Without the government subsidizing your need to be green only indicates it isn't a viable option to own an EV or own solar. If you put in a 220 VAC charger did you calculate that cost into what the Cost per Mile. What is the payback on all your investments. I'll lay odds on it that the equipment and car will need replaced well before you have recovered any savings you think you are getting in return.

There is more to it than what it costs to only charge the battery. There are the ancillary costs that most EV owners overlook to only satisfy their own look at me it only cost me X number of dollars to charge my battery and that my friend is only half the truth because the other half your just lying to yourself. When they start taxing you by the weight of your vehicle and by the mile ( you can start your crying now to get it out of your system ) [?|]

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
There is an ad in the local paper offering to install 220V home charging stations for $200

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Nobody gets 22-24 overall in one. Certainly nobody who uses the red key and actually has fun with it.
Umm, either you didn't read all the posts, or you are calling me a liar.

I really don't care for the latter, so you can say you didn't read them all, or couldn't comprehend them. If the answer to that is yes, I won't bother with posting the hand calculated averages of them.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
this for a Volt! Imagine similar for others? Where do I sign up LMAO idiots

View attachment 98041
SOB, that's $0.423 per mile and you haven't even paid to charge the damned thing yet. My truck gets 19 MPG @ $3.34 gal that comes out to $0.176 per mile. oil changes at 6,000 mile = $0.0058 per mile. Prove to me how much more efficient that POS EV vehicle is

Last edited:

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
There is an ad in the local paper offering to install 220V home charging stations for $200
That's only the labor for the electrician and doesn't include the cost of the charger.
EDIT:
Son Of A BITCH ! I looked up the cost of a 50 amp 220 volt EV charger and they run anywhere from $400 to $950 plus tax. Purchase from the electrician and it'll be $800 - $1,900 plus the installation LOL

Last edited:

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher

I really don't care for the latter, so you can say you didn't read them all, or couldn't comprehend them. If the answer to that is yes, I won't bother with posting the hand calculated averages of them.

Whatchu talking bout Willis ?

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX

I’m with @Jimmy N. here, getting 22-24mpg’s while just cruising in my old Challenger Hellcat wasn’t an issue.

I can’t say the same about the TRX. 14mpg’s is a damn good day in that truck!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #230

Please, don’t tell me or anyone else we don’t know shit! Your guilty as all the others who turn the mirror and describe others with your fundamental problems.

It is not like I don’t like them, the electric grid can’t support them, you can’t drive from Colorado to MN in one as fast as I can in gas vehicle due to fuel and last but not least they are more expensive for their life which you have not figured out yet and they are more expensive to fuel then ICE cars.

When do you want to talk about your battery problems? Where are the materials from, how are they harvested, and where the fuck are you going to dispose of that crap when it is exhausted. Same goes for those panels.

Do you still have your malfunctioning Hellcat?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #231

Oh and if you can’t read the beginning of MY thread, get out!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #232

Let’s debate and talk energy prices right fuckin now. What do you have? Want to deny what the new administration did to ruin it? Where do we start? Then I can’t wait to hear your dissertation on future electric costs.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I can’t say the same about the TRX. 14mpg’s is a damn good day in that truck!
Dang. Even I can get that with the TRX.

Maybe you need to buy an EV, to save tons of money, the planet, and China? All you really have to lose is your dignity.
Then again, you used to have a Furd Raptor so there may not be any left to lose.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Obvious troll is obvious. Joins a year + ago and makes a one and done post and fucks off only to return less than a week ago to "educate" us on EVs with typical emotional leftist talking points, completely devoid of facts. Kindly fuck the fuck off back to your Prius/EV forum and tell your man-bun boifriends how you "schooled" us...:rolleyes:

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
It's apparent you read into the title what you want it to say. "WHAT GOOD IS A EV ?" That in itself says a lot about where you head is at. Had you pulled your head out of your ASS long enough to read all the posts from the beginning. You would be more informed on the downfalls of EV than coming in with half witted ideals about how great they are. But I'll do my best to summarize the downfalls of EVs

<> Battery capacity diminishes in the cold and excessive high temperatures
<> Forget about running your AC or Heater that takes away from total miles you can drive.
<> Battery life is shortened when charged greater than 80% or discharge less than 20%
<> Battery capacity and miles are calculated on a flat surface in no wind conditions, good luck if you live in the Hills or drive into a head wind.
<> Battery replacement is costly and will need replaced in 8 - 10 years, ICE motor can go for decades before needing rebuilt.
<> Rare earth minerals are bought primarily from the CCP ( if you like being a commie sympathizer move there and see how you like it )
<> Thinking green 85% of the energy you buy is from coal, natural gas, hydro-electric & nuclear
<> The grid isn't built for charging all the batteries that will be on the grid
<> Thinking about going solar, better change to the night shift so your car will be charged by the next workday.
<> Let's talk about charging anxiety, if you need to get somewhere and have all the time in the world to get there, good luck, paying for lodging &
meals on a budget, while you're waiting for it to charge, and bring your walking shoes to get a can of electricity when you run out
<> Buying KWH at a fast charger will cost you considerably more than the 100 or so mile range from your house.
<> 1 KWH of energy purchased only equates to 800 watts of energy stored.
<> If your house service won't support the added load, plan on upgrading your service so you have the power to charge the EV
<> EV cars weigh a couple thousand pounds more than an ICE vehicle, when they start taxing you by the miles that car just got more expensive.
<> Plan your trips carefully, you might not be able to get charged up just anywhere
<> If you didn't hear Californication restricted the car charging last summer because their grid wouldn't handle the load and they want to outlaw ICE by 2030 good luck with that !
<> I might be missing some but this pretty much sums it up

I will include the upside to owning an EV.

<>They will make a great BOAT ANCHOR
<> Psychiatrists will become rich beyond their wildest dreams with EV owners trying to get over their range anxiety
<> Scrap metal dealers will have a boom in their inventory
<> The government will control your travel anywhere you go and control your driving habits
<> Self driving cars will be population control. If they think it's your time to go. You'll be driven off the bridge and your seat belt won't unlatch
<> The tire companies will love you because the added weight of these cars will accelerate tire wear

Last edited:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
So we had an ice storm yesterday
Power is out everywhere since mid day yesterday

Guess who is not at work today

1677157907370.png

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #237
So we had an ice storm yesterday
Power is out everywhere since mid day yesterday

Guess who is not at work today

View attachment 98085
Hating it for you my friend. That is awful and makes us all feel so helpless.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I m at work buddy

I drive an ICE vehicle LOL
Literally

Its the EV boys enjoying a day off

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
There are powerlines under them trees

Good thing there is no wind today

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
It's apparent you read into the title what you want it to say. "WHAT GOOD IS A EV ?" That in itself says a lot about where you head is at. Had you pulled your head out of your ASS long enough to read all the posts from the beginning. You would be more informed on the downfalls of EV than coming in with half witted ideals about how great they are. But I'll do my best to summarize the downfalls of EVs

<> Battery capacity diminishes in the cold and excessive high temperatures
<> Forget about running your AC or Heater that takes away from total miles you can drive.
<> Battery life is shortened when charged greater than 80% or discharge less than 20%
<> Battery capacity and miles are calculated on a flat surface in no wind conditions, good luck if you live in the Hills or drive into a head wind.
<> Battery replacement is costly and will need replaced in 8 - 10 years, ICE motor can go for decades before needing rebuilt.
<> Rare earth minerals are bought primarily from the CCP ( if you like being a commie sympathizer move there and see how you like it )
<> Thinking green 85% of the energy you buy is from coal, natural gas, hydro-electric & nuclear
<> The grid isn't built for charging all the batteries that will be on the grid
<> Thinking about going solar, better change to the night shift so your car will be charged by the next workday.
<> Let's talk about charging anxiety, if you need to get somewhere and have all the time in the world to get there, good luck, paying for lodging &
meals on a budget, while you're waiting for it to charge, and bring your walking shoes to get a can of electricity when you run out
<> Buying KWH at a fast charger will cost you considerably more than the 100 or so mile range from your house.
<> 1 KWH of energy purchased only equates to 800 watts of energy stored.
<> If your house service won't support the added load, plan on upgrading your service so you have the power to charge the EV
<> EV cars weigh a couple thousand pounds more than an ICE vehicle, when they start taxing you by the miles that car just got more expensive.
<> Plan your trips carefully, you might not be able to get charged up just anywhere
<> If you didn't hear Californication restricted the car charging last summer because their grid wouldn't handle the load and they want to outlaw ICE by 2030 good luck with that !
<> I might be missing some but this pretty much sums it up

I will include the upside to owning an EV.

<>They will make a great BOAT ANCHOR
<> Psychiatrists will become rich beyond their wildest dreams with EV owners trying to get over their range anxiety
<> Scrap metal dealers will have a boom in their inventory
<> The government will control your travel anywhere you go and control your driving habits
<> Self driving cars will be population control. If they think it's your time to go. You'll be driven off the bridge and your seat belt won't unlatch
<> The tire companies will love you because the added weight of these cars will accelerate tire wear
Just say NO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.