Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Want to buy out my lease.....

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Anyone in here buy out their lease recently?
If so did you go through CCAP Or through a personal bank and or credit union?
Trying to find the best rate possible.
I owe about 43K$ or so....
Thanks
Also in the for sale threads I have my stock HC hood for sale. Check it out.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Well, you have to go through CC if they hold the lease, and the final cost is what they say, no negotiation. But unless something has changed, you can get your loan to pay them off from wherever you like.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Well, you have to go through CC if they hold the lease, and the final cost is what they say, no negotiation. But unless something has changed, you can get your loan to pay them off from wherever you like.
Ya that’s the plan. I’m getting a loan from a CU to pay it off. Just checking out what everyone else did.
CC’s rates are 3.99 I believe. CU 2.59

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Ya that’s the plan. I’m getting a loan from a CU to pay it off. Just checking out what everyone else did.
CC’s rates are 3.99 I believe. CU 2.59
CC was offering some sort of incentives for leases being bought out a few months ago, never hurts to ask.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
about the only good thing that came out of the covid was lower interest rates. Worked out good for buying my Hellcat. My CU was 2.49%

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
CC was offering some sort of incentives for leases being bought out a few months ago, never hurts to ask.
I have spoken to just about everyone at CC and they will not work a deal at all. They were extremely combative and basically told me to piss off. Ally and US bank worked with their customers and made deals.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I have spoken to just about everyone at CC and they will not work a deal at all. They were extremely combative and basically told me to piss off. Ally and US bank worked with their customers and made deals.
Wasn't there a whole thread on this? So I'm guessing people had ally and us bank leases?

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Wasn't there a whole thread on this? So I'm guessing people had ally and us bank leases?
You are right... there was a thread on it. I was pretty excited and thought I was going to get a discount. I tried multiple times and spoke to just about everyone I could... all they were willing to give me was 3 months deferred payments. I am so fed up with CC I just signed the papers for Carvana to take this thing... I want a different color and wide body Redeye so it was time to say goodbye!

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
You are right... there was a thread on it. I was pretty excited and thought I was going to get a discount. I tried multiple times and spoke to just about everyone I could... all they were willing to give me was 3 months deferred payments. I am so fed up with CC I just signed the papers for Carvana to take this thing... I want a different color and wide body Redeye so it was time to say goodbye!
Understandable, for me the frustrating part is that CC is so far behind with their leasing system that it's not even funny, gas guzzler tax reduction??? No transfers?? Absolutely ridiculous when almost every other manufacturer is allowing transfers( different story now) and no gas guzzler tax issues.

MSD would be nice too, it would make something like the redeye leasable, putting down increments of money to reduce the mf by .00005 like bmw.

I was getting ready to do a us bank lease on a wb but not so sure atm. 2020 MY looks grim + us bank is not doing programs for the hc this month.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Yeah MSD is a no brainer if offered. I have only seen it on Mercedes and BMW with their own financing. CC and no transfers is a bummer. Even GM offers transfers.

Let me know how it goes with US Bank. I would be interested in how that goes...

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Yeah MSD is a no brainer if offered. I have only seen it on Mercedes and BMW with their own financing. CC and no transfers is a bummer. Even GM offers transfers.

Let me know how it goes with US Bank. I would interested in how that goes...
There is a program I'll look up it up later but it gets you an extra 1% off invoice from us bank.

Plus us bank residualizes the gas guzzler tax which saves you about $60-$70/month before tax (after tax like $80-$90)

I have a guy at a dealer who said he would let me know if us bank leases next month for the hellcats.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Anyone in here buy out their lease recently?
If so did you go through CCAP Or through a personal bank and or credit union?
Trying to find the best rate possible.
I owe about 43K$ or so....
Thanks
Also in the for sale threads I have my stock HC hood for sale. Check it out.

I bought the car at the end of the lease (you can buy out in the middle too, but that has penalties and generally no agreed price). I used USAA, but may be moving my loan (place here will drop 2 percentage points off the loan if you transfer it to them). If you're in Texas there are other things to think about too.

OP
Primetime Hellcat 17

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
There is a program I'll look up it up later but it gets you an extra 1% off invoice from us bank.

Plus us bank residualizes the gas guzzler tax which saves you about $60-$70/month before tax (after tax like $80-$90)

I have a guy at a dealer who said he would let me know if us bank leases next month for the hellcats.
That would be awesome. Keep me posted.👍👌

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
That would be awesome. Keep me posted.👍👌
https://www.treadlightly.org/about-us/

From the other forum, somebody found out and I confirmed, dealer says signing up for this program for $100 membership fee gives an additional 1% off invoice.

In example 4% under invoice = 5% under invoice now with tread lightly.

Both ally and US bank residualize Gas Guzzler tax, us bank currently is not leasing in august and ally has a lower residual this month. You can publicly pull ally lease rates from their website in pdf form. The numbers are updated monthly.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Yep I talked to 3 different people at CC and they were not helpful. Talked to Ally and she was a bit shocked at how I got her info and in the end could not help me because of the state I'm in which is IlLiNOIS