Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TRX Quality Control

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Meh.
If we all posted every complaint then every model would be considered a lemon. I mean c’mon, one guy actually posted about his gas cap. To me those threads are created by people looking for reasons to complain, not to help. I suppose if they post fixes then it could help but I’ve never been a fan of complaint compilation threads. Just my take.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
I joined the 5th Gen Ram forum before I bought my Rebel and soon gave up reading the moaning threads. In relation to the numbers built there was a very small number of complaints and the seriousness of issues was blown out of proportion. What made me laugh is some prospective purchasers posted that they were going to look at different manufacturers instead, like they wouldn't find the same elsewhere. In the end I gave up with that forum as bar a few good regulars there was far too much negativity and snippy replies when people were trying to be helpful.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I joined the 5th Gen Ram forum before I bought my Rebel and soon gave up reading the moaning threads. In relation to the numbers built there was a very small number of complaints and the seriousness of issues was blown out of proportion. What made me laugh is some prospective purchasers posted that they were going to look at different manufacturers instead, like they wouldn't find the same elsewhere. In the end I gave up with that forum as bar a few good regulars there was far too much negativity and snippy replies when people were trying to be helpful.
I'm still on there, but you're right. Lots of complaining, some valid, others not so much. There are areas of concern to keep an eye out for, but that happens with virtually every vehicle. Still some good useful info over there, but it's (mostly) not an enthusiast site like this one. Just regular owners looking for info or bitching about issues.

FWIW- I have had ZERO issues with my 2020 Ram for just over a year and almost 10k miles so far. And I have the "problematic" Etorque Hemi. I've also leased/purchased several DC/FCA/Stellantis vehicles over the last 15+ years and in all that time the total number of warranty related service visits could be counted on one hand. None has ever been a critical failure that left us stranded.

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
I'm still on there, but you're right. Lots of complaining, some valid, others not so much. There are areas of concern to keep an eye out for, but that happens with virtually every vehicle. Still some good useful info over there, but it's (mostly) not an enthusiast site like this one. Just regular owners looking for info or bitching about issues.

FWIW- I have had ZERO issues with my 2020 Ram for just over a year and almost 10k miles so far. And I have the "problematic" Etorque Hemi. I've also leased/purchased several DC/FCA/Stellantis vehicles over the last 15+ years and in all that time the total number of warranty related service visits could be counted on one hand. None has ever been a critical failure that left us stranded.
What are some of the issues the Etorque? I have a 2020 Rebel 12 with it and at 12k miles I’ve had zero problems so far. I absolutely love this truck other than the 14 mpg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
What are some of the issues the Etorque? I have a 2020 Rebel 12 with it and at 12k miles I’ve had zero problems so far. I absolutely love this truck other than the 14 mpg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've seen some complaints on there of 48V battery pack failures, but they seemed to be mostly early '19s. There also seems to be a lot of people disappointed in the Etorque mileage- myself included if I'm honest. But it's a full size truck, not a Prius and I don't drive it like a Prius either. I put problematic in quotes because I don't believe it really is. I think you just see occasional complaints blown way out of proportion on a site like that.

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
I've seen some complaints on there of 48V battery pack failures, but they seemed to be mostly early '19s. There also seems to be a lot of people disappointed in the Etorque mileage- myself included if I'm honest. But it's a full size truck, not a Prius and I don't drive it like a Prius either. I put problematic in quotes because I don't believe it really is. I think you just see occasional complaints blown way out of proportion on a site like that.
The truck could get 10mpg and I would still love it. I put a Carven exhaust on it and that’s all I’ve done. Love that truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
I absolutely love mine, its such a joy to drive. Mines not eTorque and I get about 12Mpg as do a lot of town driving but it doesn't matter and its not why I bought it.

Have the Pedal Commander on Sport+ +2 and its a whole different vehicle, switched it off the other day as was snowing and was surprised how sluggish it felt! If you guys haven't got one well worth it.

I had the electric running boards fitted but the passenger side has recently stopped fully closing, weather hasn't provided opportunity to have a look yet but if there isn't something obvious I will no doubt visit the said forum for tips :D

Was looking at the TRX forum by chance the other day, seems more enthusiast based. Just thinking about later this year or possibly next year, I'd really like the HC engine but my Rebel is so good its difficult to decide and I'd loose a few things like Ram boxes. I'm hoping for F8 green or power wagon Olive for 2022.