Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Hellcat Motor is being shared between more vehicles than ever what’s the next one and or is it near its end?

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I guess I had forgotten that. It’s been awhile. (y)
Take that 300...Redeye it...Widebody it...drop it maybe a half inch or an inch (Mopar Springs)...Done.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Seems like the 300 is an obvious choice. Not sure why it hasn’t been done.
I drove a 2015 300s with the Hemi V8 and finally gave up and got my Hellcat... a Charger Hellcat that is. You have no idea how many times I wrote Chrysler including Mike Manley. It just made sense to do it since both cars are built on the same assembly line. And there were a lot of us clamoring for the Hellcat 300 or 300 SuperS to no avail. Heck, they are dropping it on the Grand Cherokee. I don't know.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
How many 2,000 HP are there. How many electric cars are there?? How fast are they?? How many stupid quistions do I get to ask at 4:55 before I get to wake up the peoples atthe beach on X Mas morning before Buzzy morning.Snow Biz true day in Floriday. I will Be the 1st H/C on the beach this morning?? 5:04 getting light at 5:30 am. Time to wake up the neighbors. Then the beach people, then the cat, then sleeep then football at 4:30 pm. X mas by my self.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
FCA saying the 2021 Durango Hellcat is going to be a 1 year run due to gub'ment regs seems to be a harbinger of the future ....................

That + the crazies about to take office will kill off many of the hi-po ICE offerings. Just wait till they start taxing the crap out of gas (like the euro commies do), I'll bet serious $$ we will be seeing $5/gal+ gas before midterms !
EXACTLY! The dirty rat bastards...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
EXACTLY! The dirty rat bastards...
Living where you do, I thought you already paid $5 per gallon.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
California already has some of the higher cost gasoline in the nation. With Biden and Ca-MA-la at the helm of the nation, and Newsom at the helm in California, I expect it's just a matter of time before fuel costs will be rising high enough to take the enjoyment out of driving my Red Eye and Hellcat Cuda. Once E cars have gotten enough of a foot hold (including charging stations), they'll raise the taxes on gasoline sky high. Rat bastards!

I already went through a similar scenario (as did others here) where back in the early '70s the OPEC debacle created sky high gas prices / hard to get gasoline. My daily driver was a '70 Challenger with a 440 six pack; 4 speed and 4.10 Dana rear. Also had day 2 mods like headers and hotter cam. I found a litlle 4 cyl. 1952 Morris Minor 4 door to drive to work and run errands. That actually made the situation kind of fun and extremely unique, but I don't care to go through that situation again at my age. Sure is bothersome wondering where things will go, but I think it's evident they will try real hard to force us out of our high horsepower ICE vehicles. Sorry for being such a downer. lolol

Last edited:

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Living where you do, I thought you already paid $5 per gallon.
Well, I know Chevron regular is somewhere over $3.50 for my truck and Jeep and premium is over $4.50 for the Cats. To tell you the truth, I could drive outside the valley area where I live and get it a little cheaper, but not all that much less. Because of the various social tensions that exist, I'm not about to take my car outside of the safe area where I live if I'm going to need to stop for fuel or anything else.

I get a kick outa guys who post up a complaint how their fuel has gone from $2.xx per gallon, to $3.xx per gallon. Geez, I WISH!

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Fuel here is pretty cheap. About $2 a gallon I think. Hard to remember since I only fill up once a month or so working from home.

I'm not so sure gas will be taxed to the moon. Average folks cant afford electric cars and getting to work being a necessity and all seems that would disproportionately impact lower income families.

As for Hellcat engine I'm still looking for the next iteration at 900+. That's when I think we'll see the last hipo for a while.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I get a kick outa guys who post up a complaint how their fuel has gone from $2.xx per gallon, to $3.xx per gallon. Geez, I WISH!
Damn right, I'll complain loudly if it gets all the way up to $3/gallon.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Speedy, they don't hesitate to raise taxes here in California. With KaMAAAla being from here, and then Pelosi and Feinstein, they do what they damn well please, those dirty rat bastards.

We know you will Jimmy.... we know you will. lolol I can't remember the last time I paid $2.xx per gallon on Regular, let alone Premium. Well over a decade, I'm sure.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The People's Republic of California is a special place......I hope.

Reid

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
leavenworth
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2003 dodge durango
I heard the Green New Deal says you have to buy carbon credits to take a trip.
Al Gore owns the carbon credit company. Google it.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
California already has some of the higher cost gasoline in the nation. With Biden and Ca-MA-la at the helm of the nation, and Newsom at the helm in California, I expect it's just a matter of time before fuel costs will be rising high enough to take the enjoyment out of driving my Red Eye and Hellcat Cuda. Once E cars have gotten enough of a foot hold (including charging stations), they'll raise the taxes on gasoline sky high. Rat bastards!

I already went through a similar scenario (as did others here) where back in the early '70s the OPEC debacle created sky high gas prices / hard to get gasoline. My daily driver was a '70 Challenger with a 440 six pack; 4 speed and 4.10 Dana rear. Also had day 2 mods like headers and hotter cam. I found a litlle 4 cyl. 1952 Morris Minor 4 door to drive to work and run errands. That actually made the situation kind of fun and extremely unique, but I don't care to go through that situation again at my age. Sure is bothersome wondering where things will go, but I think it's evident they will try real hard to force us out of our high horsepower ICE vehicles Sorry for being such a downer. lolol
At what price will my self or others convert to corn fuel E85 shipped in barrels or if you are lucky to live where it’s at the pump with quality. Assuming the fuel doesn’t Track proportionally to Gas.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
just a matter of how much carbon tax is added to every gallon of gas

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I drove a 2015 300s with the Hemi V8 and finally gave up and got my Hellcat... a Charger Hellcat that is. You have no idea how many times I wrote Chrysler including Mike Manley. It just made sense to do it since both cars are built on the same assembly line. And there were a lot of us clamoring for the Hellcat 300 or 300 SuperS to no avail. Heck, they are dropping it on the Grand Cherokee. I don't know.
Because it will cannibalize the charger sales, what does every other product have in common? None of them compete, the trx is a truck, the challenger is a coupe, the charger is a sedan, the durango is a 7 passenger full size suv, the grand cherokee is a mid size suv..... they know what they're doing, the only thing I can't figure out is why they haven't cashed in on the wagon market... assumption is the r&d is too much for that platform.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I really like that Pacific (needs to be silver) I think I would drive that and I have no kids or need for that many passengers:LOL:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
the only thing I can't figure out is why they haven't cashed in on the wagon market...
The answer is that they dont sell. Remember the Magnum? Complete sales flop. Highly doubtful they'll do that again.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The answer is that they dont sell. Remember the Magnum? Complete sales flop. Highly doubtful they'll do that again.
Probably right, the Euro wagon market is strong tho. Weird to me.