Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The annual "Hot" Wheels list ...

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Just out, NICB's America's Top Ten Most Stolen Vehicles and we're not on the list ...

https://www.nicb.org/news/news-rele...-report-americas-top-ten-most-stolen-vehicles

However, if you look at the breakdown by state, Michigan as we all know is tops for Chargers with Cherokees (probably mostly of the SRT variety) 2nd, and Illinois and Georgia with honorable mentions.

Surprisingly no Challengers on the list at all anywhere, and now that I think about it, neither are Lexus, BMW and Mercedes which at least up here in Canada, are popular to get swiped and shipped overseas.

https://www.nicb.org/sites/files/2021-10/Top 10 Most Stolen Vehicles By State.pdf

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Good posting but for all of here do not be fooled by this message. Meaning they are showing the Largest Number of vehicles and if your a SRT owner they are not as DOMINANT a product in the market which means its still very high on the stolen vehicles. I just picked up a new Scat Pack and Koons Dodge of Tysons (Northern VA) has had 9 SRT cars stolen so far this year. It is so bad all the SRT cars are now parked off site at a Secured location. And my 2019 Charger I sold to Koons Baltimore Ford was stolen in July.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thieves can't read, unfortunate, or they should concentrate on those vehicles. Leave ours alone.

OP
HWDan

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Thread Starter #4
Good posting but for all of here do not be fooled by this message. Meaning they are showing the Largest Number of vehicles and if your a SRT owner they are not as DOMINANT a product in the market which means its still very high on the stolen vehicles. I just picked up a new Scat Pack and Koons Dodge of Tysons (Northern VA) has had 9 SRT cars stolen so far this year. It is so bad all the SRT cars are now parked off site at a Secured location. And my 2019 Charger I sold to Koons Baltimore Ford was stolen in July.
Yeah, looking at the numbers for VA for example, Sonata is 10th with 148, Charger/Challengers might be just under that threshold. Lets' just say it's maybe 50 or 100 for these, that is still a sizable number.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Damn.....when I saw "hot wheels" in the title...I thought it meant these....

hot wheels.gif

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Was your charger stolen or borrowed? 🤣🤣🤣

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
20210801_221030 (1).jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
well at least that don't have any good taste on what the are stealing

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Of course we’re not on the list, there aren't that many built comparatively speaking.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Of course we’re not on the list, there aren't that many built comparatively speaking.
I always thought that they should do it based on percentages.

If 1000 hellcats are made and 100 are stolen that's a lot higher risk than say 50,000 f-150 pickup trucks out of 1 million trucks.

Obviously it would make it more complicated but it's a better indicator of what's more susceptible to theft.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have always said "if your going to be bad make it worth your while" steal the Ferrari not the VW Golf 😁

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I always thought that they should do it based on percentages.

If 1000 hellcats are made and 100 are stolen that's a lot higher risk than say 50,000 f-150 pickup trucks out of 1 million trucks.

Obviously it would make it more complicated but it's a better indicator of what's more susceptible to theft.
My thoughts exactly.