Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tazer users on the 2018+ Hellcats, pros and cons please.

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I would like to get a Tazer , a double Bypass and maybe steering aux. buttons because I am tired of having to activate my custom driving mode each time I start my Redeye. I know there are many other functions that would be interesting to use so which are the functions that you find useful, those that you do not use and why. Do you know if there are any known conflicts or bugs with our OEM functions on 2018+ Hellcat or Redeye because I would like to use the Tazer line lock feature : it seems to be less laborious to use than our OEM line lock. Thanks for any kind of advice or tips.

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
I bought the Tazer to bypass pressing a button every time I get in my RedEye and for the light show for car meets. It’s a cheap mod and won’t take long for install. I recommend it.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Only issues I have with burnbox is line lock only works occasionally...also noticed my radio switches from satellite to FM on startup...no real pattern, just occasionally will start in FM on its own.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
That's odd... my HC always starts in Custom Mode (I think?).

Are there any possible benefits to running the HP Tuners bypass cable vs the ZAutomotive Double Bypass (DB) with the Tazer? I know you gain the extra OBD input with the DB but I have read about some functionality issues (conflicts) when linking something else to the main OBD port (prioritization?) simultaneously.

Last edited:

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
I wondered if the bypass was contributing, going to research the pinout differences in brands and see what's up.

OP
Frenchcat

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for their inputs.

That's odd... my HC always starts in Custom Mode (I think?).

Are there any possible benefits to running the HP Tuners bypass cable vs the ZAutomotive Double Bypass (DB) with the Tazer? I know you gain the extra OBD input with the DB but I have read about some functionality issues (conflicts) when linking something else to the main OBD port (prioritization?) simultaneously.
I wondered if the bypass was contributing, going to research the pinout differences in brands and see what's up.
Maybe @Hpindy could clarify this a little because I think he use both of them????

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thanks to everyone for their inputs.

Maybe @Hpindy could clarify this a little because I think he use both of them????
I had both but every but every now and again it would glitch . Once it drained my battery over night . Once it missed up my logs at the track . Another time it kept putting my car in street mode. So now I took the double bypass out of the truck ( just for cosmetic reasons ) and I plug the tazer into the front obd2 port only when I want to use it .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
2018 Charger.

Tazer on a Double Bypass in trunk
HP Tuners Bypass cable up front

No glitches and no random drains. Behaves exactly as it did prior to the HPT install.

You will not be able to unlock nav in motion. The radio effectively sits behind the gateway module and the tazer can't communicate with it at this time even with a bypass cable. It may also have to do with the switch from Harmon to Panasonic for the uConnect 4C units. All I know is it will not work in my car.

Also due to the switch to Panasonic for the 4C units the auxiliary video portions behave differently and things are on different pins at the head unit. You CAN still enable the cd player audio input and the cargo cam input should you desire.

OP
Frenchcat

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #9
I had both but every but every now and again it would glitch . Once it drained my battery over night . Once it missed up my logs at the track . Another time it kept putting my car in street mode. So now I took the double bypass out of the truck ( just for cosmetic reasons ) and I plug the tazer into the front obd2 port only when I want to use it .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Is it too indiscreet to ask you when or for what functions do you use your Tazer.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country