Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Super Stock tech info.

OP
M

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Thread Starter #61
Those are the same pads I had on the Redeye. Of course I forgot to remove them when I sold the car.
Just ordered two sets.

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
My Procedure is start car, press the SRT Button once bringing you to the SRT Dashboard, then I enable the Power Chiller and change the drive mode to track at the top of the page. Do my burnout (the old fashioned way) and race.

With the Power chiller that 99 becomes 102. BAM !

Also note sometimes I had to press a second or third time or press harder or longer to get the power chiller enabled. Other times it came right on. I am pretty sure it won't come on automatically. But maybe I am wrong. I bet your car was just hot! LOL
Since I have yet to run my Super Stock yet, do we run the Power Chiller in staging lanes and when making a pass? It doesn't drip water like the A/C? (sorry if this is a dumb question but still have a lot to learn on this thing)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Run it thru the stages. It should not drip and you are not there for a very long period of time. I wood but?? being in the industry sea manatees water skeeing at Homosassa Springs at 2 am. Nuke plants have that effect on ya after 30 years/

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Since I have yet to run my Super Stock yet, do we run the Power Chiller in staging lanes and when making a pass? It doesn't drip water like the A/C? (sorry if this is a dumb question but still have a lot to learn on this thing)
When I know I am starting the car because they are pulling my lane out to make a pass, I immediately enable the power chiller. The chiller case will get cold but any drips will just be from condensation on the case. It's not like air being forced through a coil/radiator. There is a pad under the chiller to absorb any drips. It literally looks like a feminine pad and it is an assembly line only part. Not available from Mopar parts. I think optimum would be about 3 minutes run time before the burnout. You can bring up the after run cooldown page and watch the temps and see what they are doing. That will give you an idea. As it was told to me : for optimum performance you want to kick off the after run cooldown system about 8 minutes before you run and at the end of the 5 minute cycle then you start the car and get it on the power chiller for an even more drastic drop in temps and then burnout and stage. I never do that though, but you can. Well, if I had a grudge race and the engine was hot I might..............

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewes
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 HC RedEye Super Stock
...I always comment to people, I feel like an airplane pilot in the HellCats preparing to make a good run.
flicking switches, checking things, making sure in the correct mode, checking gauge temps etc...
….it is also a pain keeping the car running (and getting hotter) while sitting a few cars back waiting to go, as
sometimes it takes way too long for the gauge screens to load.....

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
@BoostedGTA - I had a chance today to compare my powder coated RE wheel with the SS wheel. The SS wheel is a little more purple looking than the powder coat but it's a pretty close match. I'll try to get a decent looking pic of the two tomorrow.

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
When I know I am starting the car because they are pulling my lane out to make a pass, I immediately enable the power chiller. The chiller case will get cold but any drips will just be from condensation on the case. It's not like air being forced through a coil/radiator. There is a pad under the chiller to absorb any drips. It literally looks like a feminine pad and it is an assembly line only part. Not available from Mopar parts. I think optimum would be about 3 minutes run time before the burnout. You can bring up the after run cooldown page and watch the temps and see what they are doing. That will give you an idea. As it was told to me : for optimum performance you want to kick off the after run cooldown system about 8 minutes before you run and at the end of the 5 minute cycle then you start the car and get it on the power chiller for an even more drastic drop in temps and then burnout and stage. I never do that though, but you can. Well, if I had a grudge race and the engine was hot I might..............
So, just so I'm clear, do you turn the chiller back off before your burnout or leave on during the run?

@BoostedGTA - I had a chance today to compare my powder coated RE wheel with the SS wheel. The SS wheel is a little more purple looking than the powder coat but it's a pretty close match. I'll try to get a decent looking pic of the two tomorrow.
Awesome--look forward to seeing the pics!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Turn it off ,,,, you are looking at 15 seconds with the coolant amount you have in the lines, tank, and where ever is left in the system. End of the run, turn it back on for a cool down session.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
So, just so I'm clear, do you turn the chiller back off before your burnout or leave on during the run?
You are confusing the optimum setup for a 19 and older Cars where they will switch to Custom Drive mode to get the Street Suspension setting on the launch. In the Demon the Power chiller runs 100% of the time you are in DRAG mode. You should run it any time you can. As a matter of fact the Power chiller will pull the temps down 30 deg below ambient on the return road. What do you think would happen if you had the track to yourself and you spun right around and did a burnout for a second pass. The car will go a tent quicker. And a third run? Another tenth quicker. That is why we do what we call "Six Packs" at the Legion of Demons events and that is likely how Dodge got the 9.65 out of the car. A six pack is 6 cars doing 3 consecutive runs back to back. No other cars running at the time. It is the coolest thing ever.......This is what a 6 pack looks like. Me and Nephtali getting the track to ourselves (normally 3 pairs of 2 cars). Pay attention to the track prep and the times on the tower on the way back. There are a lot of variables but typically the car will go faster for 3 passes if starting with a cold blower and > 55 deg ambient. Unfortunately the DA is ONLY -500 feet at the time....This is also 2019 when we did not have all the tricks figured out.........

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Yes, what Ron said ^^.
The quickest runs my '19 RE made were also at private rentals where I could back to back it and without fail the 2nd or 3rd run would be the best of the group. I never made more than three runs back to back because I just couldn't make myself beat on the car any harder than that. lol
Also, those Six Packs the Demon guys do is a lot of fun to watch when there's 3 sets of 2 doing it all at once. It's a little bit like organized chaos.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Awesome--look forward to seeing the pics!
Here's a couple of pics. Depending on the lighting you can convince yourself that they look a LOT alike or you can make yourself think the purple shows up a lot more in the SS wheel.
Fwiw - the brand of powder is TIGER Drylac. If I remember correctly this one matched rather well and the next one up on the chart had a lot more metal flake in it and didn't really even come close.
Also fwiw - I sold the other two to a guy that ran his DR's on them on the rear of his '19 RE. He sent me pics of them on the car and they looked the same. Your mileage may vary. :)
powdercoated RE vs painted SS 2.jpeg

powdercoated RE vs painted SS.jpeg

OP
M

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #72
So to be clear, in the Super Stock once the SRT button is pushed go right to Track or Drag button and the chiller is enabled?
Damn I wished the car was here.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
So to be clear, in the Super Stock once the SRT button is pushed go right to Track or Drag button and the chiller is enabled?
In a word: NO. :geek:
Go back and read Ron's post #50. That was part of the reason my car was such a turd Tuesday evening at Music City. I had it in Track but did not realize that the chiller doesn't automatically come on when the SS is put in Track mode.
For whatever reason the chiller does NOT come on when activating Track mode.
If I can get a pic of my display screen with both lit I'll post it.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
In a newer Car you can do everything from the SRT Dashboard. No reason to navigate off this page. A single tap of the SRT Hard Button will take you here. I think it may take you to the last page you were viewing. So if you are on the drive mode page when you turn the car off it may take you there. If that is the case just switch to the dashboard page at the top left. From then on you should be good. There is no drag mode on the SS. TRACK mode is the drag mode. The assumption is they did not want to infringe on the Demon Owners.

You MUST manually enable the Power Chiller each time you start the car. That is the FIRST thing I do when I am about to make a pass.
.NOTE Pic is from my RedEye and I ran that car in Custom drive mode. Your Super Stock should be in TRACK!
. 0423201305.jpg 0423201306.jpg

OP
M

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #75
Thanks for the pics.
I had no problem using the after chiller, but the Power Chiller was never used on my 19 Redeye.
Here I thought I was an expert.

Last edited:

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
You are confusing the optimum setup for a 19 and older Cars where they will switch to Custom Drive mode to get the Street Suspension setting on the launch. In the Demon the Power chiller runs 100% of the time you are in DRAG mode. You should run it any time you can. As a matter of fact the Power chiller will pull the temps down 30 deg below ambient on the return road. What do you think would happen if you had the track to yourself and you spun right around and did a burnout for a second pass. The car will go a tent quicker. And a third run? Another tenth quicker. That is why we do what we call "Six Packs" at the Legion of Demons events and that is likely how Dodge got the 9.65 out of the car. A six pack is 6 cars doing 3 consecutive runs back to back. No other cars running at the time. It is the coolest thing ever.......This is what a 6 pack looks like. Me and Nephtali getting the track to ourselves (normally 3 pairs of 2 cars). Pay attention to the track prep and the times on the tower on the way back. There are a lot of variables but typically the car will go faster for 3 passes if starting with a cold blower and > 55 deg ambient. Unfortunately the DA is ONLY -500 feet at the time....This is also 2019 when we did not have all the tricks figured out.........
Thanks! So for my Super Stock, it will be TRACK mode and manually turn the chiller on every time I start the car. Can't wait to get out there!

Here's a couple of pics. Depending on the lighting you can convince yourself that they look a LOT alike or you can make yourself think the purple shows up a lot more in the SS wheel.
Fwiw - the brand of powder is TIGER Drylac. If I remember correctly this one matched rather well and the next one up on the chart had a lot more metal flake in it and didn't really even come close.
Also fwiw - I sold the other two to a guy that ran his DR's on them on the rear of his '19 RE. He sent me pics of them on the car and they looked the same. Your mileage may vary. :)
Wow, those do look pretty close. So what is the color I'm asking for? I will see if powder coater can do that--thanks!

Last edited:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Wow, those do look pretty close. So what is the color I'm asking for? I will see if powder coater can do that--thanks!
For whatever reason the color isn't on the invoice. I'll check with him this week. I'm sure he will know. I'll report back when I have an answer.
I'm debating on what color to powder coat my stock wheels. I have several wheels now, all coated in the same matte black. I like the black look but I also like the stock look, except that the purple tint shows up against my red. If I had to decide today I'd likely go with the black.. but I'm in no rush.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
@BoostedGTA My powder guy doesn't have it on his records for me. So, he suggested I bring one of the powder coated wheels by sometime and we can then easily match it to the sample plates. That might not happen for a couple of weeks, as he's in a part of town I don't get to often.

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
@BoostedGTA My powder guy doesn't have it on his records for me. So, he suggested I bring one of the powder coated wheels by sometime and we can then easily match it to the sample plates. That might not happen for a couple of weeks, as he's in a part of town I don't get to often.
I really appreciate this--but absolutely NO rush. I have stumbled upon a "temporary fix" to get me by in the meantime. Not sure if you saw in my thread "BoostedGTA 2021 Super Stock", but anthracite gray plastidip is a very close match to the granite gray. I'm going to give that a try for now... 20210922_190652[560].jpg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Don't beez a chiller killer. Keep the damn thang on. What is it going to hurt?? Water pump?? Nope. Make it feel better. Yepper. Hickster the chiller lover. Made my returdment off of chillers. 10 thru 1,500 ton machines. Centrifucals, recirpacating, absorbtion, and magnetic machines. Any wears from $25,000 to $1.5 million worths. Cars arrr interesting. Different critters from the industrial critters. I am in the process of educating myself in a solar powdered auto chiller. Remove the battery for direct power. Use a small storage pack for the track.