Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stock Fuel Rails, why they don’t keep up

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yep, we were about to send out the search party after you Hickster, but maybe you already have one looking for you ? :LOL:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yea,,, I doooz. Back to the bad times of life just when things should calm down. I waz in the hos pit al the other week. Blue lined. BP beeped every 4 seconds. 2nd time closest to checking out. I had the Rays and Yankees game on. They wouldn't give me the shot. Good for it. Going to make up sum new words tonight. The weather sucks. Car is spotted any way. Good to here from yall girls.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yea,,, I doooz. Back to the bad times of life just when things should calm down. I waz in the hos pit al the other week. Blue lined. BP beeped every 4 seconds. 2nd time closest to checking out. I had the Rays and Yankees game on. They wouldn't give me the shot. Good for it. Going to make up sum new words tonight. The weather sucks. Car is spotted any way. Good to here from yall girls.
Get back to good health & take it easy.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Well we know the shipping department sure isn’t
I bet there are more beer labels then shipping labels , more empty beer boxes the shipping boxes ....

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Out to lunch for 6 months. No one at home.
Glad to see you are back you scurvy dog .

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Couldn't let you guys get pissed offf alone. Got to have sum 1 to yelll at.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
When I dropped mine, I had to shave down the thickness of the wrench I used (belt sander).

Can you link exactly which wrench you got? There are many, some that have a reversing switch (seems no good) and some that pivot as well.

Obviously the one you got fits up in there. Once you've loosened that bolt, does it get trapped up in there?

This is the one I think I want.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F51279U
Nick was helping my when I put the 3.09's in but I know he had no issue with the bolts. I have gearwrench and I think that is what we used. Could there be a possibility the Chargers have more then the Challengers?

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Good to see you back. Leave the Hellcat alone. No tickets issued for riding the nurses hard.(y)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
And boy did I ride the EMS people real hard after them showing me paper work of the blood work up they did at one hospital. Accused ME of having cocaine and pot in my system. haven't seen coke since 1972. They said some one slipped me a Mickey. Did I let them have it. One emergancy room, Morton Plant, accused me of having morephine and oxeis in my system. Yes I did and do cause I have been on this medication for 18 years. Didn't tell them that. Then thay wood want the docs name. Called me every thing but a republican. Jack asses. That is why Laurie took my guns. I am still thinking turbos, but why not just buy one already dun up by the factory???

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I got my drain plug yesterday . When I come home the mail truck and 3 tow trucks were all stuck to the mail box so I knew my plug arrived !

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Nick was helping my when I put the 3.09's in but I know he had no issue with the bolts. I have gearwrench and I think that is what we used. Could there be a possibility the Chargers have more then the Challengers?
Mine & all the other Challengers I did the swap on had plenty of room for a wrench.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
And boy did I ride the EMS people real hard after them showing me paper work of the blood work up they did at one hospital. Accused ME of having cocaine and pot in my system. haven't seen coke since 1972. They said some one slipped me a Mickey. Did I let them have it. One emergancy room, Morton Plant, accused me of having morephine and oxeis in my system. Yes I did and do cause I have been on this medication for 18 years. Didn't tell them that. Then thay wood want the docs name. Called me every thing but a republican. Jack asses. That is why Laurie took my guns. I am still thinking turbos, but why not just buy one already dun up by the factory???
Did you get spell check?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Their is no smell snack attatched to this site. It is coming from my past up bringing rom Tenn. I blame it on the up bringings of my parents. Is this how you are going to talk about me when I fat line for the last time?? No car show 2 nite,,, pouring down rain. So to Wa Wa's fer dinner an I went to military academy for 3 years to spell like this.d a milk shake to mix shine with. be a good nite. Smell check my crack in my ass. The EMS people did not deserve smell check. Cocane and pot,,, whom do they think they are talkin to?? Hickster deserves under water respect.

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Thread Starter #534
Well another set back to getting back on corn :( and dealing with one of my favorite substances, antifreeze :(
For about the last 2 weeks every once in a while when cold there would be a dime size spot of coolant under the car about right under the radiator drain tube but not coming from the tube, (I plugged it with a paper towel plug, it was dry always) So I thought the Petcock may be leaking as it was for sure 100% no doubt engine coolant not blower coolant as the level of the blower tank never changed but the engine coolant tank did drop just a hair. The only connection to the radiator on the passenger side is the top hose and it was dry so I thought petcock as I opened to drain everything when I took the engine out, thought maybe I cracked it. So Thursday I picked up 2 gallons of Mopar 100% coolant and was planning for this morning to put her up take the covers of find and fix the leak and change over to Amsoil 5W50 Signature Synthetic as I’m coming up on 1000 miles since start up so one more oil change and be good till winter storage change. Well on the way home last night gassed up and about a mile from home my favorite street 1/4 pull area was wide open so I came to a stop, set the Gtech and off on a 1/4 blast I went to complete the days data log. Nice pull, 11.7 at 129 let off and during the 4th gear decel rollout to the exit home I hear POOOFFFF and see smoke behind the car, my heart dropped, O F n no I blew it up . Shut her off and coasted off the exit stopped on the berm go out to find coolant pouring out from under her on the PS side FU*K :(
Called the boy to come get me and returned with tool box, jack, jack stands and 10 gallons of distilled water and prayers it was a hose. Well wasn’t a hose and the water would pour out faster then you could pour it in and couldn’t tell where it was coming from short of knowing it was on the seam between the radiator and Intercooler, no way to patch it.

D6AA05DB-0B5B-4B71-A862-3898F4686A20.jpeg

So 3 hours later was getting dark took lower radiator hose off and plugged it, filled with 2 gallons of distilled, started her up, made sure tank was filled to the rim, was down to 129F, (never got over 215 when she blew) drove her easy but quick the non stop mile home watching coolant and oil temp slowly rising like normal and pulling in the driveway was just hitting 179, pulled in the garage and the Tstat opened and covered the garage floor with a mild purple mix but she was home safe. Took radiator out this am to find this.

3517894D-05DF-43C6-8FB0-3531A5A60C52.jpeg A3973C7B-D66E-4734-83D8-EC3112B941A7.jpeg 9CCD98D8-1EF9-4188-8A92-FD3A3B74D396.jpeg

F n plastic tank JUNK!!

So I ordered this to replace it with, F those plastic tanks.

https://fasthemis.com/i-23893109-mi...enger-charger-6-2l-srt-hellcat-2015-2021.html

400$ for a new stock one shipped, 620 shipped for this bigger and better direct bolt in one, no brainer.

So now change the oil while waiting on Santa to deliver the goods. Drain plug only had a tiny tiny bit of magnetic slime on tip, so all good going on break in wise, a happy moment in the headache :)

038D1136-5ADA-484F-823C-0F82A7109BB7.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Wonder why the radiator failed. I think I remember hearing of a couple others doing similar on the sides.

OP
16GoManGoHC2

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Thread Starter #536
Wonder why the radiator failed. I think I remember hearing of a couple others doing similar on the sides.
Yea, I’ve read some threads about tank failures and a buddy of mine said there was a recall on them, I’ll have to check into that, but still even if free I’m not chancing another, that could have been REAL bad if it blew during the pull and oiled the tires as when it blew it emptied pretty quick, the whole underside of the car was covered, that was fun wiping down but it’s all shinny shinny now lol. Here’s what I walked out to when I stopped, you know first hand what that feeling is like seeing a stream of something coming out from under your car, imagine such after 6 months of toil and 10k later the feeling, be like it happening on your first track outing with your new RE engine!!
FBFB3297-44FF-49D4-8FB2-419ED85B42DD.jpeg 57A75866-D656-433C-9116-C59FF108DD1C.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yeah that would be bad LOL.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Got my magnetic drain plug today! Works perfectly!
1628553583973.png

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Got my plug today,,, lots of thank you. Hope it works,,, but Hope it dosen't. Know what I mean??

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well another set back to getting back on corn :( and dealing with one of my favorite substances, antifreeze :(
For about the last 2 weeks every once in a while when cold there would be a dime size spot of coolant under the car about right under the radiator drain tube but not coming from the tube, (I plugged it with a paper towel plug, it was dry always) So I thought the Petcock may be leaking as it was for sure 100% no doubt engine coolant not blower coolant as the level of the blower tank never changed but the engine coolant tank did drop just a hair. The only connection to the radiator on the passenger side is the top hose and it was dry so I thought petcock as I opened to drain everything when I took the engine out, thought maybe I cracked it. So Thursday I picked up 2 gallons of Mopar 100% coolant and was planning for this morning to put her up take the covers of find and fix the leak and change over to Amsoil 5W50 Signature Synthetic as I’m coming up on 1000 miles since start up so one more oil change and be good till winter storage change. Well on the way home last night gassed up and about a mile from home my favorite street 1/4 pull area was wide open so I came to a stop, set the Gtech and off on a 1/4 blast I went to complete the days data log. Nice pull, 11.7 at 129 let off and during the 4th gear decel rollout to the exit home I hear POOOFFFF and see smoke behind the car, my heart dropped, O F n no I blew it up . Shut her off and coasted off the exit stopped on the berm go out to find coolant pouring out from under her on the PS side FU*K :(
Called the boy to come get me and returned with tool box, jack, jack stands and 10 gallons of distilled water and prayers it was a hose. Well wasn’t a hose and the water would pour out faster then you could pour it in and couldn’t tell where it was coming from short of knowing it was on the seam between the radiator and Intercooler, no way to patch it.

View attachment 50966

So 3 hours later was getting dark took lower radiator hose off and plugged it, filled with 2 gallons of distilled, started her up, made sure tank was filled to the rim, was down to 129F, (never got over 215 when she blew) drove her easy but quick the non stop mile home watching coolant and oil temp slowly rising like normal and pulling in the driveway was just hitting 179, pulled in the garage and the Tstat opened and covered the garage floor with a mild purple mix but she was home safe. Took radiator out this am to find this.

View attachment 50960 View attachment 50961 View attachment 50962

F n plastic tank JUNK!!

So I ordered this to replace it with, F those plastic tanks.

https://fasthemis.com/i-23893109-mi...enger-charger-6-2l-srt-hellcat-2015-2021.html

400$ for a new stock one shipped, 620 shipped for this bigger and better direct bolt in one, no brainer.

So now change the oil while waiting on Santa to deliver the goods. Drain plug only had a tiny tiny bit of magnetic slime on tip, so all good going on break in wise, a happy moment in the headache :)

View attachment 50965
Glad you got it home safely & wasn't anything else major.
Do these radiators come out from engine side ? ... or very easy ?
Looks like a good choice on the aluminum rad.
Would like to see that R&R.