Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stinkeye Challenger build....

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
We actually got that from Whipple but that was some time ago. They don’t market it anymore and I couldn’t find it anywhere else. It stopped working on mine and he said we are not going to replace with another one. Just go without (race car 🙃). I’ll be at the shop today and have a talk about the whole IAC thing and find out what the deal is with that one. Btw…. The picture with it on the engine is misleading. I was in the process of removing it after placing the turbo intake and discovered I couldn’t get at the harness connection under the intake. It was just laying there 😂 It never was actually in that spot.
You are 200% correct. I’m drive by cable and can adjust idle by the set screws on the throttle body. Now the million dollar question do I mount my cable like the blue car or like a Drag Pak 😂

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
You are 200% correct. I’m drive by cable and can adjust idle by the set screws on the throttle body. Now the million dollar question do I mount my cable like the blue car or like a Drag Pak 😂
Dragpak

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,543
I’m enjoying fumanchu’s build so much I feel the need to update mine 😎. So what’s going on. Two things actually. One in front and the other in the rear. To recap…. The turbos are being placed with custom plumbing. That’s the easy part compared to the rear. I took the car to Redeye Racecars in Vero Beach for the turbos. That was going to be a straightforward deal that would get it done quicker than waiting on Adam to recover and the two of us doing it. James Golden made the offer to help and I took him up on that and made the trip to Florida. Once on the rack a discussion on the rear suspension started. The current 2015 DragPak 4-link in the car is designed to work in a way that is not good for a 2500hp turbo as it is designed to transfer weight by lifting the front. That’s a whole story in itself. Anyway….. the decision to change it was made and that will be more time consuming. Here’s a look at what’s going on with that….. The suspension will be what is called anti-squat. It will need to be much lower in the rear and that will require the tires to be inside the wells instead of sticking out the way they all do. Due to the limited space inside the rear wells, to make that happen, the frame rails are “notched”. That is in the area where we all beat a little to get those 315’s to fit. This takes that to another level, allowing the wheels to be moved in 3” on each side. That will narrow the wheel base by about 6” total and bring those tires inside the fenders. Now comes the lowering part. To do that, the inner fender well has to be opened up where the top of the factory shocks attach. One of the classes I want to run does not allow what is called a “back half”. That is where the frame rails are replaced and fender wells are tubbed to make room for big tires. To run the coil overs in their new position is going to require a completely new tubing structure to be built that will also support the fuel cell and the rest of the stuff in the rear. While hanging turbos and fabricating the necessary stuff for doing that is something we could have certainly done at home…. This is not. It’s going to be a interesting (entertaining) experience to watch this being done. IMG_6433.jpeg IMG_7222.jpeg IMG_7225.jpeg IMG_7258.jpeg IMG_7257.jpeg IMG_7193.jpeg

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Makes me happy following this build. Living vicariously through you guys

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
So will you still be able to run that class you like? I’m not understanding what you’re doing vs what’s outlawed.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,546
So will you still be able to run that class you like? I’m not understanding what you’re doing vs what’s outlawed.
The class thing is frustrating. We’re at a disadvantage to start due to the weight. I read all the different rules for the different classes that I might choose to compete in. Some of them don’t allow rear tubs. Some require factory frame rails (notching ok). Some require factory steel doors with factory roll up glass windows but allow 5000hp Pro Mod engines. It’s fking nuts 😐

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
The class thing is frustrating. We’re at a disadvantage to start due to the weight. I read all the different rules for the different classes that I might choose to compete in. Some of them don’t allow rear tubs. Some require factory frame rails (notching ok). Some require factory steel doors with factory roll up glass windows but allow 5000hp Pro Mod engines. It’s fking nuts 😐
That’s why I never bothered. They change the rules, you pull out your checkbook or you can’t play. Write more checks or you’re not competitive. Can’t just build a fast car anymore.