Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Soldier’s Dodge Challenger Demon 170 Hits Auction Block for Charity

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
The entire sale of the Demon will be split between three different military charities.

Homes for Wounded Warriers," "5th Squad, Veterans Helping Veterans," and "Special Forces Association Chapter 79

The story of the soldier who custom ordered one of the very limited, special-edition Dodge Challenger Demon 170s, only to have the dealership sell it to someone else, is getting its happy ending. Dodge stepped up to right the dealership's wrong, the dealer chain fired the employees who wronged the soldier to begin with, and even Jay Leno stepped in and let the soldier take delivery of their new Demon 170 at his famous garage. However, the ending gets even better, as the initial car that was ordered and wrongfully sold is now heading to the Mecum auction for charity.

Link to the story.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/soldiers-dodge-challenger-demon-170-hits-auction-block-for-charity

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #2
Pretty cool and Hopefully, the next story we see will get even better! :cool::cool::cool:

It would be really Awesome for this Demon170 be bring lots $$$$s for the Charities.:cool::cool::cool:

Linda

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
I don't think it'll bring that much money honestly. Negative stigma attached to the car and Demon 170's values I think are going to dip in a month after all this controversy around them lately. If Mac Haik wants to impress me? Match out of their own pockets what the car brings at auction. The Mac Haik dealership group is the 8 most profitable franchise group in the country, I'm sure they could easily match what the soldiers Demon 170 would bring at auction.

The soldier wanted me to get his car but Mac Haik didn't want to honor his request. I tried to offer Mac Haik a solution of letting the Youtubers and I raffle the vehicle for charity, so the average person could win his car and not some millionaire looking for a tax break, Mac Haik didn't want to do that.

OP
Linda's Hell Cat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
I don't think it'll bring that much money honestly. Negative stigma attached to the car and Demon 170's values I think are going to dip in a month after all this controversy around them lately. If Mac Haik wants to impress me? Match out of their own pockets what the car brings at auction. The Mac Haik dealership group is the 8 most profitable franchise group in the country, I'm sure they could easily match what the soldiers Demon 170 would bring at auction.

The soldier wanted me to get his car but Mac Haik didn't want to honor his request. I tried to offer Mac Haik a solution of letting the Youtubers and I raffle the vehicle for charity, so the average person could win his car and not some millionaire looking for a tax break, Mac Haik didn't want to do that.

@Speedy! s ChallengerFest is a modern Mopar event held in April each year at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, KY. Check www.challengerfest.net for more information.

This an event that is a lot of fun with great people from all over the country. Part of @Speedy! s event is raising money for another Vet Charity https://www.racing4vets.org/.
This is nonprofit for over ten years, which helps honorably discharged and service-disabled U.S. Military veterans by being directly involved in motorsports with camaraderie, social reintegration and competition. The Cincinnati, OH chapter focuses on kart racing both indoor and outdoor.

I met a group of these very humble and gracious men a few years ago. The appreciation they had for the money to their charity was astonishing.

I was thinking Mac Haik could double the amount and send it to Racing 4 vets, wouldn't that be Great!

@ButterDaGreat? you know you could help with the Great! ;)

@Speedy! what do you think?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Mac Haik CEO probably has a picture of you on his wall that he throws darts at when he gets pissed off LOL.
No way would they help you out after costing them $$$.

And when this shit blows over, they will go back to their shitty ways of doing business. Because that is how they got so big in the first place.

Keep an eye on their ZR1 C8 when they get it. I'll guess 125k over sticker.

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
@Speedy! s ChallengerFest is a modern Mopar event held in April each year at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, KY. Check www.challengerfest.net for more information.

This an event that is a lot of fun with great people from all over the country. Part of @Speedy! s event is raising money for another Vet Charity https://www.racing4vets.org/.
This is nonprofit for over ten years, which helps honorably discharged and service-disabled U.S. Military veterans by being directly involved in motorsports with camaraderie, social reintegration and competition. The Cincinnati, OH chapter focuses on kart racing both indoor and outdoor.

I met a group of these very humble and gracious men a few years ago. The appreciation they had for the money to their charity was astonishing.

I was thinking Mac Haik could double the amount and send it to Racing 4 vets, wouldn't that be Great!

@ButterDaGreat? you know you could help with the Great! ;)

@Speedy! what do you think?
That would be awesome and I'd love to see if I can get them to donate some money to the event. I should make a video and discuss this.

Mac Haik CEO probably has a picture of you on his wall that he throws darts at when he gets pissed off LOL.
No way would they help you out after costing them $$$.

And when this shit blows over, they will go back to their shitty ways of doing business. Because that is how they got so big in the first place.

Keep an eye on their ZR1 C8 when they get it. I'll guess 125k over sticker.
I do know a gruntled employee who could give me Mac Haik's cellphone number. Now that would be an interesting conversation...