Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

So if I’m changing out the brake fluid in my M6 car…

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Does it include the clutch fluid being swapped out? What I mean to say are there two different processes? I did the rears and ran out of time time so I’ll pick it up tomorrow. I’m swapping out my 8 yr old oem with DO4, eventually finishing with Motol 5.1. I’ve still got to figure how to get my scan tool to activate the abs solenoid to get that fluid r&r’d but I understand that’s done after the bleeding anyway. I’m power bleeding them with air btw. So I guess the question is how do I do the clutch fluid? Btw, only 6.5k miles on the car but the fluid is discolored.
F1DE7DDF-48E1-4D50-8E28-6FE6EA32BA81.jpeg 42FD33E6-E9E8-419C-905B-B5FA41B88B09.jpeg CD3BF2D6-0930-4108-92F5-9563EB17E228.jpeg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Does it include the clutch fluid being swapped out? What I mean to say are there two different processes? I did the rears and ran out of time time so I’ll pick it up tomorrow. I’m swapping out my 8 yr old oem with DO4, eventually finishing with Motol 5.1. I’ve still got to figure how to get my scan tool to activate the abs solenoid to get that fluid r&r’d but I understand that’s done after the bleeding anyway. I’m power bleeding them with air btw. So I guess the question is how do I do the clutch fluid? Btw, only 6.5k miles on the car but the fluid is discolored.
View attachment 97715 View attachment 97716 View attachment 97717

Did you bleed from both bleedscrews?

If only doing one screw, bleed from the outer screw?

I sure don't like that milky nature of that fluid, is that the O.E. fluid, or have you bled it once already with the 5.1?

Also, breeze thru this, I wrote it. It will give a sense of fluid required.

https://www.hellcatforum.org/thread...ystem-fluid-flush-or-fluid-type-upgrade.3160/

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
...the clutch is self bleeding.

OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #4
Good am Bull. Yes, I used the Wiki page, very helpful, thanks. It is the original oem fluid and yes I did bleed from both inside and out and am wondering about the fluid in the line going to the tranny. I know the master cylinder serves the clutch, however I don’t recall anything in that post about the fluid in that line. Should I detach it at the point where the cdv is, have someone in the car pump the clutch while I observe the color change in fluid? I guess the time to do it would be in between the front calipers? Thanks.