Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

So I’m installing the Redeye Demon axles and I’m stuck…

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I fought with mine and realized the hardest part was trying to align it even after it was ground down (beating it back with bfh did NOT work on my 15 model)

Only thing that made it tons easier was having a second person get in and hold the hub at the right angle and orientation before sliding it right back in....second side went in with zero issues.

Point or interest is make certain you do not forget the lower bolts for the bottom arm have to be removed and the arm swung out of the way for the caliper bolts to be torqued down......learned that the hard way after I thought one side was complete.

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Also don't forget to dab some heavy duty grease on both ends of the axle splines.....my hubs after nearly 60K miles were horribly rusty....cleaned and used the grease and it slipped in rather easily by comparison to before without

OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #23
@Wizza thanks for the helpful tips, both ends of the axles all greased up and slid in without issue. it's just that damn knuckle is a bitch to get on. I'll try again next weekend. Next is the AAD rear suspension goodies. Going to drop the cradle for that. Looks like exhaust will have to come down first to get the cradle down enough. Car is laid up until spring, so I've got plenty of time. Your Charger looks great btw.

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks much. My buddy crawled underneath the cradle and held the axle in place while it was slid onto the hub, and since he supported the majority of the weight doe a moment, I was able touch more easily orient the hub into place on the lower a arm

I did use a grinder on both sides. Tried the drift multiple times and bfh to no benefit.

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
This is where I had the challenge until my buddy showed up to help.

Also don't forget about the order of reassembly and torque so you don't have to partially disassemble it again to get that trail arm torqued AFTER the caliper bolts.

Attachments

OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #26
Hoping to get my cousin over on saturday to give me a hand. Much easier with two people. I’ve still got to drop the cradle to do the AAD arms install. I guess I may as well drop the exhaust as I don’t think I can get the cradle low enough with it in place.

OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #27
Have you considered using a piece of threaded rod with a couple of nuts and washers to spread that bushing out for clearance ? Pappy always taught me to work smarter not harder
Actually I think that helped me to install the drivers side. Didn't work this time as I stripped the nut doing the pulling. Had to cut it off with a wheel. That sucked. I even tried putting a little heat to it. Still nfg.

OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #28
And………
1FE15743-0DAF-43F1-985B-C0C8EA53B890.jpeg
done! Finally. Demon Axles in and a few AAD pieces. I guess the next purchase should be the rear toe arm links or the tension arms? Due to expenses I need to spread out the cost.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Due to expenses I need to spread out the cost.

Whether you buy it now or later. It still comes out of the same pot of gold. So, you'd just as well pull the trigger now and get it over with. RIP that bandage off now it will only hurt for a short while [raceflag]