Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

S-Class vs Charger

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #21
You want over the top? Sit in and/or drive a new bentley continental GT or a new Aston Martin DB11. I had the opportunity to do both with each car and the level of detail, luxury, quality, performance interior ammenities and customization is paralyzingly mind boggling. The Bentley was a W12 AWD and it reminded me of the HC but with zeeeeroooww traction issues. Yeah its a heavy car but you dont feel the weight. It was surprisingly nimble and quick. The Aston was music to my ears, a little more edgy and fun to drive but no less incredible in the interior dept. They make MB AMG and BMW M series cars look and feel like bargain basement Hondas and Toyotas. Granted these are next level cars and should seperate themselves for the price, for chrissakes EACH of those cars were nearly the same price as the HOUSE I live in. It s just amazing to me what can be done with the will and $$ to do it. Still enjoyed driving my tupperware dash'd 1320 home even without the swarovsky crystal headlight reflectors and start button or the heated and cooled center console and armrests.
They should be over the top since you're paying the price of a house for them.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #22
Saw a Bentley Supersport curb a rear wheel pulling into a McDonalds a few weeks ago. Not gonna lie, my heart skipped a beat.

Best part, owner could give two shits. Proceeded right on into that drive through.
What else could he do? Spaz out and run around the parking lot yelling "Shit!"? lol

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
AM has some sweet lease deals going on, $1699/mo 10k miles per year. Insurance would probably kill me as would parking the thing. it's on the vantage.
LOL 1699 a month for lease I is poor folk - not happening. But with the shitty reliability you'd never catch me buying another Benz, assuming the residual is right, I'd lease only.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
LOL 1699 a month for lease I is poor folk - not happening. But with the shitty reliability you'd never catch me buying another Benz, assuming the residual is right, I'd lease only.
most exotics lease for 2.5k miles a year + $2k + 10k down.

It's a 250k car, $1700 is good imo if you can write it off.

but yeah atm it's even too rich for me, after $300/mo minimum for insurance you are looking at $2k/mo for a car 😵

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
What else could he do? Spaz out and run around the parking lot yelling "Shit!"? lol
Are you trying to say that's NOT the right way to handle something like that......

ptaticket.gif

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
Here's how you handle it...

And then....

EDIT: I admit this last one still makes me chuckle after all these years... such a great flick.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
most exotics lease for 2.5k miles a year + $2k + 10k down.

It's a 250k car, $1700 is good imo if you can write it off.

but yeah atm it's even too rich for me, after $300/mo minimum for insurance you are looking at $2k/mo for a car 😵
Cannot write the whole thing off due to luxury limitations...there is a table for that. All those exotics sound amazing...but I'm good with the Hellcat.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Cannot write the whole thing off due to luxury limitations...there is a table for that. All those exotics sound amazing...but I'm good with the Hellcat.
guess it depends on states, business, and cash flow. My dad wrote off almost an entire 720s lease (it was a swap for 12 months @3k a month for 6k miles) He has a few corps, but used his holdings corp (investment corp for rental properties both commercial and a few residential and they let him slide)

We used Montana plates to avoid the 4.25% transfer tax as well which would have been circa $12k.

That's the only experience I have writing off an exotic and don't ask me how the cpa wrote it off cause it doesn't make any sense how the irs allows an exotic car to be written off.

Those exotics are out of my price range too, they suck as daily drivers and attract too much attention, the hellcat gets enough attention but these cars are just a magnet. I would rather dd a charger hc for 10k miles than an exotic but if I had the funds for a 3 season car... well more like April to November in the northeast then I would jump on it.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The Germans had the first jets in ww2 as well but they still lost.