Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ram TRX vs. Ford Raptor

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Their videos kill it! Trex killing the Raptor is killer!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I just hope it doesn't have that same horrid interior coloring that the Rebel did when it came out. If nothing else, at least give solid black as an option.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
T-Rex is king!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I just hope it doesn't have that same horrid interior coloring that the Rebel did when it came out. If nothing else, at least give solid black as an option.
Its an option
Base is cloth

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Its an option
Base is cloth
I just didn't care for that red/black and all the red trim pieces in the Rebel. I looked at a new Rebel 2 weeks ago and it had all black interior and it looked much better. I'd still much rather have a Power Wagon though.

But this TRX looks very interesting

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I just didn't care for that red/black and all the red trim pieces in the Rebel. I looked at a new Rebel 2 weeks ago and it had all black interior and it looked much better. I'd still much rather have a Power Wagon though.

But this TRX looks very interesting
Ram's build site is up for the TRX. Go build one yourself, and you'll see the options. Base cloth/vinyl is red/black, but you can upgrade to leather and keep it black. So you can get around it, but not for cloth. That's a bit disappointing.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ram's build site is up for the TRX. Go build one yourself, and you'll see the options. Base cloth/vinyl is red/black, but you can upgrade to leather and keep it black. So you can get around it, but not for cloth. That's a bit disappointing.
I like that red stitching on the black seats.
I looked at a used Rebel last week and it had all of those red trim bezels and the red seat panels. Immediate pass.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
So now how long before the Raptor Refreshed is shown? Ford ain't sitting around they are planning on releasing the "New Raptor" to compete against the TRX. So gotta wonder do they match the V8 power and new suspension? Rumors are the new Raptor has independent rear suspension with no leaf springs. And a V8 is being stuffed into her as well. It would be great thing for Ford to share the new Raptor sooner than later. This would tame the Dealers wanting to charge ADM for the TRX since the real deal head to head battle.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I like that red stitching on the black seats.
I looked at a used Rebel last week and it had all of those red trim bezels and the red seat panels. Immediate pass.
Yup it looks better with the leather package, but not worth the $1500 upcharge imo.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yup it looks better with the leather package, but not worth the $1500 upcharge imo.
I came so close many times to buying the Rebel but the interior colors turned me off and then they offered last year in 2019 the Black package interior. Just about picked one up then I found an incredible deal on my Limited and picked her up.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I came so close many times to buying the Rebel but the interior colors turned me off and then they offered last year in 2019 the Black package interior. Just about picked one up then I found an incredible deal on my Limited and picked her up.
That's what I'm seeing now. I have to say....I could be tempted with the right deal on a Power Wagon. They have a few at Koons, but they want too much money for them, even the base one.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
That's what I'm seeing now. I have to say....I could be tempted with the right deal on a Power Wagon. They have a few at Koons, but they want too much money for them, even the base one.
I came so close two times to picking up the new Power Wagon and after driving her she is a really big and heavy truck and huge gas guzzler. Just couldn't get excited enough and figured id sit it out.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I came so close two times to picking up the new Power Wagon and after driving her she is a really big and heavy truck and huge gas guzzler. Just couldn't get excited enough and figured id sit it out.
Do you think the gas hit is that bad? I was wondering about that.
I did come across several F250 XLT's with the 7.3 in them that looked interesting.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Do you think the gas hit is that bad? I was wondering about that.
I did come across several F250 XLT's with the 7.3 in them that looked interesting.
Too me the Power Wagon is a niche truck and she's cool looking but the engine power and gas mileage turned me off. I f I was you go test drive the trucks back to back and that will tell you what fits the seat of your pants.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
So now how long before the Raptor Refreshed is shown? Ford ain't sitting around they are planning on releasing the "New Raptor" to compete against the TRX. So gotta wonder do they match the V8 power and new suspension? Rumors are the new Raptor has independent rear suspension with no leaf springs. And a V8 is being stuffed into her as well. It would be great thing for Ford to share the new Raptor sooner than later. This would tame the Dealers wanting to charge ADM for the TRX since the real deal head to head battle.
New Raptor will probably be a year behind the 2021 F150. Im thinking 2022 model and we should be able to see it next year. Ford has to keep something in its pocket as new F150 and Bronco coming out in 2021. They should be plenty busy.

But how long can these trucks keep having supercharged V8s? I still think the next Raptor is a hybrid of some sort

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
New Raptor will probably be a year behind the 2021 F150. Im thinking 2022 model and we should be able to see it next year. Ford has to keep something in its pocket as new F150 and Bronco coming out in 2021. They should be plenty busy.

But how long can these trucks keep having supercharged V8s? I still think the next Raptor is a hybrid of some sort
I have heard she’s going to be available rather quickly.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle