Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ram Trx Tech

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
anyone a little irritated that fca added hud and the driver assistance packages to the ram trx as an option and it still isn't offered on the redeye or any charger hellcat variant?

I know the challenger widebody has it, but this is one of my biggest complaints when it comes to the charger, we are now paying circa 80k for a well equipped charger and still no driver assistance system for traffic and no hud either.

What are your thoughts?

Attachments

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
My thoughts hmm....if I'm in front then I'm not in back so guess I am Hauling Ass and don't want to know how fast I am going:D. Yeah in all sincereness it is crazy what they pick and choose just like the front windows are not AUTO ROLL up on the Challenger WTF is with that:mad:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I want a damn HUD, then I can be as cool as @AeroF16.

:cool:

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #4
My thoughts hmm....if I'm in front then I'm not in back so guess I am Hauling Ass and don't want to know how fast I am going:D. Yeah in all sincereness it is crazy what they pick and choose just like the front windows are not AUTO ROLL up on the Challenger WTF is with that:mad:
Auto roll up windows was a thing on a 90s Mercedes but can't get it on a 2020 challenger, I know the manual passenger seat drives people nuts on the challenger as well. Also no memory seats on a challenger? Wtf is that.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #5

I can see it now

Approaching an on-ramp to the highway, aviators on, a wild kenny loggins appears, *cue danger zone*, downshift and the tac on the hud lights up, you hammer it, the engine comes to life and you hear the blower working as hard as it can, the exhaust sounding like a sabertooth tiger reincarnated, the shift light turns on and you quickly shift to the next gear, and the next gear. And then we wake up to find ourselves in bumper to bumper traffic.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

HUDs are cool but what's really cool is JHMCS (Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System).

All my HUD information and weapons information is now projected into my helmet visor when I turn my head to look outside of the HUD field of view.

So, I can look completely behind me and the info is right there projected in my visor. I can cue all my weapons amd sensors off my face haha, it's awesome.