Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Questions about washing a never ending dirty car

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
A friend that has a mobile detaling business in Calif uses a system like this on his truck. His is a larger system to fill his 50 gal tank daily, but same idea. Calif tap water is notorious for high mineral content so this is essential for his business. He washes cars in direct sunlight and doesn't have to worry about dealing with hard water spots.
It’s the best $400 I’ve spent so far and I’ve spent a lot on detailing crap!! Sometimes I just get lazy and want to do a quick contactless wash. This is perfect for that. Rinse and walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
this might be something worth trying.
Fill a bucket with the rinseless wash mixture, dump a dozen quality MF towels in it. Then mist a panel with the solution. Grab a soaked towel, gently squeeze the excess back into the bucket. Fold the towel into quarters so you have eight clean surfaces on each towel. Then make a pass, flip to clean towel surface. Repeat until panel is washed, then dry.

I just dump the used towels into a clean bucket as I go along until I’m finished. It goes a lot faster than it sounds here.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Cleaning black cars is an art and a science. You have to love the washing process to maintain them. I stopped buying black cars (owned a bunch of them over time) as they are spectacular looking when clean, for about 15 minutes.

A few tips...use quality microfibers and lots of them. Follow the basics of multi bucket and top down washing on a cool car in the shade. I've used Griot's products for in between wash touch up (Speed Shine, etc) and the lubricants in them help avoid scratches. Lots of products out there from Chemical Guys, etc., that accomplish same. I use Iron X on wheels and am going to try Tuga based on my CQuartz guys reco.

Key rule: do not apply pressure when wiping (cars surfaces, counter tops, your body parts!)

Ceramic coating will help prevent swirls, scratches and "micro-scratches" that will kill your shine. You still need to be careful. I have all of my vehicles paint corrected and have CQuartz applied by a certified pro. There aren't many around as they have complete initial training and regular refresher programs to maintain certification (requires travel and time).

Also, invest in some rock guards if you don't have them and Z23 or Z26 brake pads are a godsend. Good luck and enjoy her when she's clean!
Busa man is right bout the break pads...no two ways about it...

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
It’s the best $400 I’ve spent so far and I’ve spent a lot on detailing crap!! Sometimes I just get lazy and want to do a quick contactless wash. This is perfect for that. Rinse and walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree about the deionized water I have the "On The Go" system: https://www.portablewaterdi.com/shop/deionizers