Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

question for the 15 inch beadlock guys

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
going to do 15" conversion on my narrow body hellcat, going the no grind route. you guys have any opinion`s on wheels (beadlock)? an how big a tire are you using?
looking at the forgestar D5 15 by 10 beadlock , backspace 6.37 looks good but not sure on tire. I`m thinking a 315 is too wide in the sidewall ( rub) an probably not needed. guessing a radial pro is better.
I`m now using 305 45 18 street Rs with 3.09s would like to stay around same height tire 29 or maybe 30 inch. going 15 inch wheels seems to offer a larger selection of tires.
thanks!;)

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I'm subbing in on this one

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

AMRCN HP

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Normal
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Billet Silver Redeye
I'm subbing in on this one

+1 :cool:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I have your answers lol. I have the 15x10 Billet Specialty’s WinLites. Very light and beautifully made wheel. For traction, the Radial Pros are better than the ET-R’s. Softer rubber compound and sidewall that likes low air pressure better than the ET. They won’t last as long. Still very stable down the track. I’m running the 315 (30” tall) but that requires some interior wheel well mod in one spot because that back space keeps the tire as far in as possible. It’s going to stick out the least on a standard body. I recently ordered a backup set with tires mounted and balanced from Carlyle. They were $2200 shipped. It’s been 6 weeks and I don’t have them yet. These things will put your 1000 hp on the track. 1.26 sixty for me, and this is the same tire that ZHT is running 8.3’s on with 1.21 sixty’s. As it turns out.... I’m not going to use them as I’m going to the DragPak rear and that requires a 4” back space wheel. I will be looking to sell those unused. 306A1AB2-3FB3-488B-BC38-96874BB99B71.jpeg 2A6CCBF2-3E2C-4370-94D3-9D55A35ECBB1.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
oilburner

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #5
I have your answers lol. I have the 15x10 Billet Specialty’s WinLites. Very light and beautifully made wheel. For traction, the Radial Pros are better than the ET-R’s. Softer rubber compound and sidewall that likes low air pressure better than the ET. They won’t last as long. Still very stable down the track. I’m running the 315 (30” tall) but that requires some interior wheel well mod in one spot because that back space keeps the tire as far in as possible. It’s going to stick out the least on a standard body. I recently ordered a backup set with tires mounted and balanced from Carlyle. They were $2200 shipped. It’s been 6 weeks and I don’t have them yet. These things will put your 1000 hp on the track. 1.26 sixty for me, and this is the same tire that ZHT is running 8.3’s on with 1.21 sixty’s. As it turns out.... I’m not going to use them as I’m going to the DragPak rear and that requires a 4” back space wheel. I will be looking to sell those unused. View attachment 26169 View attachment 26170
thanks Marc good info...... so the tires, wheel combo on your car now are the same as what you ordered or something different ?? if the pics show different from what you ordered an still waiting for, what`s the difference?
you said about wheel well mod, I assume your talking about that dimble that protrudes out from the flat area. I`ve seen some videos on that.

OP
oilburner

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #6
sorry Marc just reread your post it`s a back up set.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
thanks Marc good info...... so the tires, wheel combo on your car now are the same as what you ordered or something different ?? if the pics show different from what you ordered an still waiting for, what`s the difference?
you said about wheel well mod, I assume your talking about that dimble that protrudes out from the flat area. I`ve seen some videos on that.
I ordered a second identical set of what I have on the car now. If you go to a race with a set that are worn but still have some passes left, when you hit the wear bars you need to put a new set on to make sure it hooks in that final round. A second set in the trailer, mounted and ready to go is the way to make sure you get to the end of the race. The Radial Pro’s are good down to the wear bars. At that point the hook goes away. I don’t want to pull a set of tires that still have 5 or 6 passes on them In order to get thru a race, so the second set is needed. I had already ordered this second set when some things came together and I ended up making the decision to go in the direction that is going to require a different wheel.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I ordered a second identical set of what I have on the car now. If you go to a race with a set that are worn but still have some passes left, when you hit the wear bars you need to put a new set on to make sure it hooks in that final round. A second set in the trailer, mounted and ready to go is the way to make sure you get to the end of the race. The Radial Pro’s are good down to the wear bars. At that point the hook goes away. I don’t want to pull a set of tires that still have 5 or 6 passes on them In order to get thru a race, so the second set is needed. I had already ordered this second set when some things came together and I ended up making the decision to go in the direction that is going to require a different wheel.
So after the wear bar all the good rubber is gone and it's just the carcass rubber after that ?

OP
oilburner

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #9
that makes sense, curious what is the back space on those wheels?? sounds like your going to have 2 sets for sale.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
@Marc W if you sell @oilburner a set of wheels and tires go easy on him . Once he found out I was going to race gas he almost had a stroke !

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
So after the wear bar all the good rubber is gone and it's just the carcass rubber after that ?

Yep. The “good” rubber on the Pros is very sticky/gummy. It is a absolute bitch to clean off the car. Obviously very different than the ET-R. The harder case under that starts at the wear bars. When the tire is done... it’s done.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yep. The “good” rubber on the Pros is very sticky/gummy. It is a absolute bitch to clean off the car. Obviously very different than the ET-R. The harder case under that starts at the wear bars. When the tire is done... it’s done.
Gotcha . I was just curious .
Thanks

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
@Marc W if you sell @oilburner a set of wheels and tires go easy on him . Once he found out I was going to race gas he almost had a stroke !

The stroke will happen when he finds out what it would cost to ship those to Canada 😂

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The stroke will happen when he finds out what it would cost to ship those to Canada

OP
oilburner

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #15
The stroke will happen when he finds out what it would cost to ship those to Canada 😂
assuming this is the spot that needs a massage, the long skinny piece. IMG_20201004_133334908[3055].jpg

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
That and the area below on my car with the 315/60-15. That area below the rib where you can see the spot welds. I cut that with couple vertical cuts and beat that lip in and over. I don’t have a real good picture but you can see it in this picture looking up to show the tire clearance. 628941F2-0B61-4554-A812-C121DCE844C6.jpeg

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
That and the area below on my car with the 315/60-15. That area below the rib where you can see the spot welds. I cut that with couple vertical cuts and beat that lip in and over. I don’t have a real good picture but you can see it in this picture looking up to show the tire clearance. View attachment 26202

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

Haha. Not for the guys who can’t stand a few lights on in the dash. 😂

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Haha. Not for the guys who can’t stand a few lights on in the dash.
You got that right my friend ! I almost passed out when I seen the pic!

OP
oilburner

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State