Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Poll: What year will mark the end of the All-ICE Hellcat?

Poll: What year will mark the end of the all ICE Hellcat?

Votes: 4 12.1%

Votes: 8 24.2%

Votes: 10 30.3%

Votes: 7 21.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Never (long live ICE baby!)

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I am going with 2022. 2023 will have some sort of hybrid aspect to it (electric wheel motors?). 2024 will be the first all EV Hellcat...841hp (one more than Demon).

What say you??

Key:

ICE= Internal Combustion Engine

Member ID
Reactions
City
Metairie
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Charger HC
I'd say the remodel is going to drive the change to hybrid. I think they will keep it as a hybrid setup like the NSX uses for a while before it goes all electric. I think Dodge realizes Hellcat buyers aren't looking for an electric alternative.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
If you read this you will understand why the Ice Age is being fazed Out. You need Fred Flintstone vehicles to be able to meet the new World Government EPA guidelines. https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2020-04-30/pdf/2020-06967.pdf
Read the EPA mandates and it’s pretty radical for Dodge Vehicles as we know them today in a fleet. There is a 40 Mpg fleet proposed and final mandate by 2026. And Dodge is already supposed to be at 37 MPG fleet average Which is why FCA is presently paying Tesla Billions in Carbon Tax Credits.
Fiat Chrysler to spend $2 billion on CO2 fines and credits
MILAN — Fiat Chrysler Automobiles plans to spend 1.8 billion euros ($2 billion) in the next three years to buy regulatory credits to minimize the amount of emissions-related fines it will pay in Europe and the U.S.

The figure was revealed by Chief Financial Officer Richard Palmer on May 3 during a conference call with analysts to discuss FCA’s first-quarter results.

Including 600 million euros ($670 million) spent in 2018, FCA is poised to spend at least 2.4 billion euros ($2.7 billion) from 2018 through 2021 on emission fines and regulatory-credit purchases. Based on what Palmer told analysts on the conference call, this is the complete picture:

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
ICE= Internal Combustion Engine
I feel VERY stupid, I got the idea that ICE meant gas but couldn't figure out what it stood for o_O:ROFLMAO:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I feel VERY stupid, I got the idea that ICE meant gas but couldn't figure out what it stood for o_O:ROFLMAO:
In a way it does, gas powered

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
The current platform would need to go first. Doubtful that they'll make any drastic drivetrain changes until then. Wouldnt make financial sense imo. If the older info is still correct I think '24 was the ballpark year for the new platform but I also thought that '23 was an emissions related deadline as well, so who really knows.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I think 2024 but we shall see.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Glad I could help! I'm a scientist during the day. By default, I define all acronyms! :)

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Another vote for 2024.
I suspect the final production year could be a free-for-all as many (like me) will be trying to grab the last of the V8 muscle vehicles.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ya I'm picturing 2015 all over again, ADM's and all. Without question there will be a swan song crazy SSR Hellcat something or other.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
Ya I'm picturing 2015 all over again, ADM's and all. Without question there will be a swan song crazy SSR Hellcat something or other.
Ya think? Demand will be there but from a PR standpoint, I think it goes out "quietly" without much fanfare ala 1971....I think carmakers will be globally shamed if they PROMOTE a big gas-guzzling swan song. I also doubt they invest any new R/D capital on a one-off (soon to be ending) all-ICE offering.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
One fact we are not discussing here....the recently completed merger between FCA and Peugeot (Stellantis). This reality plus the climate focus the Biden administration will surely take-up will accelerate things related to carbon, oil usage, cafe standards, etc...
I would not be surprised if we see new, all-ICE V-8 powered passenger cars faded out within the next 2 years (esp GM and Ford). Trucks may last a bit longer, but not much. Stellantis (sounds so bad to say aloud, lol!) won't be far behind.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ya think? Demand will be there but from a PR standpoint, I think it goes out "quietly" without much fanfare ala 1971....I think carmakers will be globally shamed if they PROMOTE a big gas-guzzling swan song. I also doubt they invest any new R/D capital on a one-off (soon to be ending) all-ICE offering.
I actually dont see it any other way tbh. They are proud of these gas guzzlers and reign supreme with them. They own the market. To go out without a literal bang would be a huge surprise to me. I'm not thinking a one off new model. More of the same but some special one year only Hellcat variant that they know we will all go gaga for. They'd be crazy not to capitalize with their last chance on our lust for these cars and just throw away more profit from past R&D.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
I actually dont see it any other way tbh. They are proud of these gas guzzlers and reign supreme with them. They own the market. To go out without a literal bang would be a huge surprise to me. I'm not thinking a one off new model. More of the same but some special one year only Hellcat variant that they know we will all go gaga for. They'd be crazy not to capitalize with their last chance on our lust for these cars and just throw away more profit from past R&D.
Oh sure...wild paint, flashy stripes, existing hellcat engine, etc...no doubt....but as we saw with the hellephant crate only exercise, getting a new MONSTER 1000hp+ motor thru all the regulatory hoops couldn't be done...even under Trump's reign! So now? Not going to happen imo, esp with Dems now running the joint and almost all corporate R&D $ pushing towards hybrids and EVs.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh sure...wild paint, flashy stripes, existing hellcat engine, etc...no doubt....but as we saw with the hellephant crate only exercise, getting a new MONSTER 1000hp+ motor thru all the regulatory hoops couldn't be done...even under Trump's reign! So now? Not going to happen imo, esp with Dems now running the joint and almost all corporate R&D $ pushing towards hybrids and EVs.
No I agree. My thoughts were something along the lines of something similar to the RE when it came out. I have to admit I ran right out and bought one lol. Maybe something with a last year only c/f hood/spoiler, lighter weight, special badging, light weight seats, etc. But ya I dont see any monster engine swapping happening now. That Heliphant engine wont get through emissions now, let alone then.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Another vote for 2024.
I suspect the final production year could be a free-for-all as many (like me) will be trying to grab the last of the V8 muscle vehicles.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Just glad I got mine I guess. 1971 all over again in 2021 it seems.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just watch the NEWS and yeh throw up but anyways the Politicians are going to make all these decisions not consumers. ICE is not going to survive should the RADICAL LEFT gain continued power in the WORLD. And yeh it's a Political statement but yeh it's a Political Movement.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Lizzy.....how could you...:unsure:;)

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Here’s some possible good news.
Stellantis CEO Says Chrysler Will Get U.S.-Market Attention, Not Peugeot
Stellantis already has a strong market share in the U.S., as Tavares pointed out, and is prioritizing increasing the market share of Jeep, Dodge, Ram, and Chrysler, among others that are already here. This is particularly the case for Chrysler, a struggling brand that currently has only the 300 and the Pacifica and Voyager minivans.

Chrysler's sales have declined in recent years, from 300,000 sales five years ago down to around 110,000 vehicles in 2020. Such results, combined with the change in ownership, have led to speculation that Chrysler is nearing its end in the U.S., but Tavares suggested that Chrysler was here to stay and will instead be reinvented.

"We consider that this brand is one of the three historical pillars of Stellantis [Fiat and Peugeot are the other two], and of course we are eager, and I am eager, to give this brand a future," Tavares said. What that future is, the Stellantis CEO said, depends on what is proposed for the brand.