Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ozarks International Raceway with Chin Track Days 10-11 SEPT 2022

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody
Anybody care to join me for the event with Chin for the weekend! Almost 4 miles, 19 turns and 1200' of elevation change on America's newest road course! I'll be there driving and instructing with Chin. Hope to see you there, but don't blame me when you are addicted to this stuff!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Anybody care to join me for the event with Chin for the weekend! Almost 4 miles, 19 turns and 1200' of elevation change on America's newest road course! I'll be there driving and instructing with Chin. Hope to see you there, but don't blame me when you are addicted to this stuff!
I’ll be there!!

Ha, you knew that. Agree, they describe this as the most technical track in the USA. 4600 lbs and 800+ hp should be a great time on 19 corners and multiple blind hills in four miles. Love doing shit others tell me I should not do or can’t do.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
@SIXGUN do these guys provide Sushi lunches and prime rib dinners with the cost? Holy fuck it is like twice of everyone else. This CHIN deal must be a different experience with at least LESS people due to cost?? I'll just justify it for the cost of my co-rider for the trip, the opportunity to stop in Des Moines twice and see the family, and the almost certain potential my bro-in-law will come to the track himself AND provides me with free lodging:p:D:ROFLMAO:

Dude, your going to meet some other hot rod nuts from N. Florida. They work for an engineering firm and are in the area all weekend and will come down and be checking us out!

OP
SIXGUN

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Hey, I didn't say it was cheap! Not sure what the deal is, but it is the most expensive event I have seen. Gotta pay to play, so I hope it is amazing! See you there!

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
When are you going to be in town? call me. I'll show you the local haunts.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Again here! The question was, how was it?

My car is returning without a mechanical problem. Personally, that was expensive and challenging, but finally I am very happy with this unit. Minor brake pad wear on this track. We get at least twice the gas mileage as compared to BIR and RA. WOT is only possible if you have an active brain tumor and you would like to cheat death because you are nuts. But it is possible once or twice around for maybe one second. My Harry’s info indicates it never used more than about what the black key can deliver for HP, but it has a new personality with gobs of torque. It did remain in and around the max torque point of the RPM range, but it was fine about anywhere. One other RE who still has them attached blew another converter. :unsure: We are thinking Dodge screwed us. The converters can’t do a road course with intense driving and the HO engine. Who TF tested these for Dodge and where? Born pussy’s?

I had to load a “downgraded” tune from what the drag racers use after checking it out Saturday morning in some “orientation” laps. I’ll admit, I was “concerned” and needed a remedial ride after that with @SIXGUN He supplied the necessary therapy. I rode a few laps with him before I went out again. Then I knew where the upper envelope was, that helped a bunch. Thanks buddy.

Regarding a road course tune, we had to scrub some throttle response and delay some power coming in. But it still is a monster. I will use this same configuration at BIR Oct 10. It is a bit unnerving to have the tires bark at 90 mph as some know! (CANNOT allow that to happen anywhere at turn #2 on my favorite place) Auto or manual, don’t matter. So it does work better in manual as far as that is concerned, where the throttle can be lifted a bit to minimize the momentary traction loss on the shifts. It now has the opposite of the shifting hiccup. I like it.

I can’t wait to get this car back on the “home” tracks and see what it can do now. I found some consistency in the low 3-teens, @SIXGUN was running about ten seconds better. I could have done that, but I was not going to jeopardize me or the car on this track after just two days. I will bring a more appropriate road car there after I get it. The course may be the toughest one in the land. It flat requires memorization and faith that nothing changed since you last came through, and the flag stations MUST be on their toes here, and you better pay attention to each one of them. No video has shown or will show just how interesting and the many blind hills and corners and off camber turns to consider. But, if done correctly, it is very rewarding and fun.

It helped a great deal to know people here. The food and people in the area are outstanding and welcoming. They are just discovering what the track is and what it will be for the community. Driving in to the track south of I-70 on the wrong roads is just as tough towing anything as they say. I will post separately the correct and best way to the track. I came back that way today.

I know @SIXGUN had a blast and will have some comments to share. We wished him a safe drive back Sunday. We are going to take the next couple days going back that started this morning.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
To this track from I-70. If towing.

Take Highway 65 S through Sedalia. Then 52 east to Versailles. South on Highway 5 towards Laurie. Just before Laurie take 135 north to the track. That takes all the bad curves and hills out, except that last road from Laurie to the track. Pay attention that highway is a lot like the track! ENJOY!

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
Safe travels Paisan.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
That was A LOT more easy than Friday. Thanks!

OP
SIXGUN

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Holy moly, what an exciting,fun track! Gotta a little OBE with work and such. I have good video of this track, but haven't had a chance to post it. Maybe sometime soon!