Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ok, next big question!!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamburg
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
Vehicle
hellcat
I decided to Upper 2.65 metco and IW (9%) below, and 102 octane fuel...
I've seen some engine damage, the spark plugs were always to blame.

which one is recommended have to take so that it doesn't happen to me?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Who told you the spark plugs are always to blame? A 2.65 upper with a OD lower is a aggressive boost setup. Engine damage with this is more likely a improper tune. Your tuner needs to have his act together.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hamburg
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
Vehicle
hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Who told you the spark plugs are always to blame? A 2.65 upper with a OD lower is a aggressive boost setup. Engine damage with this is more likely a improper tune. Your tuner needs to have his act together.
i saw this on YouTube, but with 2.85 upper and mostly 10% ATI. All of them had a custom tune for sure, me too. But I think the stock spark plugs are not the best for aggressiv boost like 16-18 psi.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
i saw this on YouTube, but with 2.85 upper and mostly 10% ATI. All of them had a custom tune for sure, me too. But I think the stock spark plugs are not the best for aggressiv boost like 16-18 psi.
Most of us here do this at that level on e85. I don’t know what to suggest as far as plugs go for the gas you have available. My guess would be a quality NGK one step colder than stock. First question is do you have a tuner that is truly experienced at tuning Hellcats running 16-18 lbs of boost? Is he also experienced at trans tuning for this setup? At over 900hp you need to have the trans properly tuned for the sake of both the engine and the trans. If that’s not available, I would advise against any of it.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Also I Daily drive with 93 pump gas
And My race Tune is for Q16.
I do not need to change spark plugs for when I pully down for my Daily driving 93 Tune.

Linda :)

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I'm hitting 16 lbs of boost with a 2.85 litens pulley on 93 octane is that aggressive?