Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

NEW No Fly Zone (standing 1/2 mile), Gila Bend, AZ dates, December 16th AND 17th!

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Pre-registration opened today and is $200 until tomorrow, $250 starting the 18th until all spots are filled, you need to pay in advance, there's no race day registration available.

https://www.omegamotorsport.com/online-store/NoFlyZone-ARIZONA-p46374240

Super easy to get to from basically anywhere in Arizona. I couldn't run it last year as my car was brand new so now that it's broken in, no excuses. Air/DA probably won't be particularly great, so the earlier you can run the better. It's pretty noob friendly, give them the self-tech and waiver paperwork the day of the race, make sure you have a tow point and approved (Snell) helmet and you're good to go!

@firedude will hopefully be running his Redeye again and I'm trying to get my neighbor to run his Plum Crazy Scat Pack. Historically there's been no shortage of exotics and super/hypercars coming down from Scottsdale/Valley and my friend's cousin might be there with his 1600 AWHP GT-R which would likewise be awesome to watch run...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That would be fun

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Very fun event if the weather cooperates. I believe I still hold the record for a Hellcat there. Good luck!! ED168BEC-866F-43B8-AAAF-077F3A2DC8FC.jpeg BA519882-8076-4126-B39E-E47369E707AF.jpeg

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
Well tomorrow is the big day and I'm about as ready as I'm gonna be, but if @BULL, @Marc W, @2ndAmend or anyone else with LSR experience has anything else they want to add, suggest, recommend, etc. I'm all ears...like Alfred E. Neuman!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Get serious about slowing as soon as you hit the finish line. When you go that fast it can be deceiving. You knock 60-80 mph off and feel like you’re done. You’re not. It’s a short shutdown for those speeds. The end of the asphalt is in sight, you feel like you’ve slowed down and you’re still going 100 mph. Pay attention to that and you’ll be alright. Good luck. 👍🏼

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Get serious about slowing as soon as you hit the finish line. When you go that fast it can be deceiving. You knock 60-80 mph off and feel like you’re done. You’re not. It’s a short shutdown for those speeds. The end of the asphalt is in sight, you feel like you’ve slowed down and you’re still going 100 mph. Pay attention to that and you’ll be alright. Good luck. 👍🏼

"Speed Drunk"

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Well tomorrow is the big day and I'm about as ready as I'm gonna be, but if @BULL, @Marc W, @2ndAmend or anyone else with LSR experience has anything else they want to add, suggest, recommend, etc. I'm all ears...like Alfred E. Neuman!
In grade school there was a kid that looked just like him! I mentioned it once and he said, "yeah, I hear that all the time!". Poor kid! :ROFLMAO:

If I remember correctly, this is speed race, do not waste precious distance, get your speed up as fast as possible. The "spinnin' ain't winnin' " doesn't apply here. At the dragway, I often see slow times associated with fast speeds.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Yes, BUTT... Keep you foot flat until you pass the end marker, then hold it for another 1/2 to 1sec. many people anticipate and actually let off early. It is follow through like any sport, golf, tennis, shooting, etc.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Ronin Good Luck Today!
Be a Winner!

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
IMG_3877 - Copy.jpg IMG_3878 - Copy.jpg
I'm pretty dang happy with these runs, especially considering I SWAG'd that 150 MPH would be my top speed, off by less than 7/10ths of a second? I'll take it!

MAD Mopars there, VERY well represented. SRT Autoworks brought out their TRX, complete with drag radials (which looked hilarious). There was a 300 with a HC motor swap and a 3.8 Whipple I believe...? Several Demons, plenty of Scats too. BMWs were one of the other most prolific groups of cars there, along with a gathering of GT-Rs bros. I'm fairly certain the one Ferrari there was an 812 and everyone stopped in their tracks when they heard it screaming down the track. At least 2 Vipers, including an ACR (which I didn't see run) and the other way clearly built and I believe was in the 190s...?

If you haven't been recently the tarmac has been completely repaved so it was fresh and glass smooth. They were running a cleaning crew with a drag up and down it prior to the start of racing and debris was minimal to near non-existent. I was the ONLY car out of 140 (sold out) that taped up my front end (which when asked why I said it was a Dodge and I needed it to hold it together).

The event ran like a Swiss watch; runs every 35-38 seconds, you could have easily made 50-60 passes if you were so inclined. People were tuning, swapping tires, tweaking air pressure, etc. I figured 2 runs in each lane, and with that kind of consistency I called it a day after 4 runs, especially since it started getting hot AF.

The event organizer said he's going to try to get schedule another event for December and I'm all in for that and can see getting 150 MPH out of it with no changes other than the cooler air...

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
That Plaid was very slow, 1/4 should have been 9.3's.

I looked at the web site, they are going for low $90's now. Add $20k if you want 200mph. Not bad for that stock performance, but I have to think the HC's will hold value much better.

OP
Ronin

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
Updated the thread title, true to his word Omega Motorsports secured another date in December and this time they're racing on both Saturday and Sunday, December 16th/17th.

https://www.omegamotorsport.com/copy-of-noflyzone-arizona

I'm hoping to break 150 with a lil cooler weather and better D/A.

In retrospect of my first run I was thinking that between the street drag radials and the Diablosport suspension controller I scored from @Hatermkr for a ridiculously awesome price, I hooked up very well with minimal traction loss. Had it in Track mode and rolled on it and it was consistent AF...

Hope to see even more MOPARs there this next time around!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
So please remind me, I'm old, you used the DR's?

If so, what pressure?

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I hope you don't mind me using your thread for us out east, Loring Timing Association just posted their 2024 dates for Land Speed Trials in Limestone, ME:

2024 Loring Time Trial dates;
July 17 - 18 - 19 - 20
August 29 - 30 - 31